Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4072 4073 [4074] 4075 4076 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13170013 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #61095 on: October 20, 2014, 07:32:31 am »

Why do so many guys like me? I have had four guys ask to go on dates with me since august, and only one girl ever...
Must be your attitude :3
Despite the depressive bits, you're a pretty nice person. ^ ^
I wish people asked me out in some way or another...I've no idea how that is because it never happened. Best guess is due to our respectful culture. x3
Or my mustache. Blurgh.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61096 on: October 20, 2014, 07:59:17 am »

ay tir wanna catch some dinner

catch is i'm gonna meet you halfway in the indian ocean and then we can eat our fresh catch there

just make sure to not be caught by sea traffic as you boat around to catch me, that would sure catch out with the marine speed police and you sure would be caught up in one big shrimp festival if you catch my drift

tectonic drifts are quite catchy though, except i don't expect you to catch them as they're a bit large for people to catch

maybe if you catch up with technological advances and build a drift catching device

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #61097 on: October 20, 2014, 08:47:27 am »

*walk into elevator to head upstairs to my room after having breakfast*

*the door closes, revealing a thin streak of some reddish brown substance trailing down the door*

O_O
It's FEF, not FEOF

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61098 on: October 20, 2014, 08:51:00 am »

*the door closes, revealing a thin streak of some reddish brown substance trailing down the door*

O_O
Consult an alchemist.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #61099 on: October 20, 2014, 08:59:04 am »

O_O

Sounds like rust. Or some drunk person sprayed juice on the door.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61100 on: October 20, 2014, 09:13:35 am »

I... don't remember french grammar being that bad. More sensible than english, anyway. About the least coherent bit was the gendering silliness, but other than that... fairly straightforward, as grammar goes, iirc.
Clearly you haven't encountered the myriad exceptions yet. Also like, three dozen conjugational tenses.

3 dozen? Didn't remember quite that many, but its definitely in that ballpark. And there are exceptions EVERYWHERE, and the worst part is the only way to learn which one is which is by memorization. At least they come with handy little guides[IE: Becherelles], which helps a lot with written French. And most of the different conjugational endings are phonetically identical[Or very close to it].
Being phonetically identical helps in speech, but not so much in writing :x
I've been studying French for like six years and I have never even heard of the simple past until I saw it in a book :V
(Plenty of other past tenses, mind you, but it makes you doubt the simplicity of the simple past)
French can be a really fucking big PITA. I'm at long last good enough in it to be able to guess most genders correctly, but it's still intimidating with all the goddamn exceptions.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61101 on: October 20, 2014, 10:12:50 am »

O_O

Giloyd is right, it's rust from a door hinge. (I've seen it happen several times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #61102 on: October 20, 2014, 10:15:41 am »

It's pretty much either that, or Hannibal Lecter escaped from the building earlier this morning.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61104 on: October 20, 2014, 10:36:11 am »

The defense is... FOOLPROOF!

We all know that wasn't any actual drugs, and her car was stationary.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #61105 on: October 20, 2014, 11:11:38 am »

I just overheard an extremely stupid rant that one of my classmates made to my teacher about why school should not exist. I didn't manage to remember most of what he said, but I managed to type out some of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was thinking about unleashing my wrath by knocking down all the straw men that he had lined up, but I wasn't able to do it because I was too busy typing and trying not to laugh.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #61106 on: October 20, 2014, 11:12:29 am »

That's just typical highschool stuff.

What they really mean is "math is hard :<"

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #61107 on: October 20, 2014, 11:16:46 am »

What they really mean is "math is hard :<"
What they really mean is "WAAAGH WAAAAGH BABY FIND NUMBERS TOUGH DONT WANNA EFFORT".
But yeah, your interpretation works too.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61108 on: October 20, 2014, 11:27:09 am »

Remember, its not about the numbers, it about the concepts they represents.  If you go deeper down the rabbit hole it becomes clearer, i swear! :P
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #61109 on: October 20, 2014, 12:29:12 pm »

Had a wonderfully weird conversation today. One participant described it as "4chan turned into a conversation".
One result was that a prostitute working on her period is basically the same as the McDonald's Los Wochos (promotional event; I guess it's got a different name in the US).
We have nothing of the sort in the US. Looking it up on GIS, I want all of that. I mean, I guess could easily get "los kartoffos" and 'los käsos", since they're just potato wedges and jalapeño poppers respectively, and I'm sure you could get probably get burgers like those somewhere in the US, probably even somewhere in my state (but good like finding it), but the potato stripes are something which I don't understand why we don't have already, since they look to be just a different way of cutting fries. And to be able to get all of that at your nearest McDonald's sounds amazing; I would probably want to actually go to McDonald's if they had something like that. Right now, my only reason to ever want to go there is when the McRib is around.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 4072 4073 [4074] 4075 4076 ... 10983