Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4109 4110 [4111] 4112 4113 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13164418 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #61650 on: October 27, 2014, 08:48:36 pm »

That's the same model we got last time. Shouldn't we be getting a better one? One resistant to animal sex facts?
How do you propose we get the money for it then?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #61651 on: October 27, 2014, 08:49:36 pm »

That's the same model we got last time. Shouldn't we be getting a better one? One resistant to animal sex facts?
And even then I doubt there is a model resistant to those things.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61652 on: October 27, 2014, 08:49:41 pm »

Most mammals have at the very least hooked penises, IIRC.

Humans don't (obviously), which apparently (Cracked, take it with a cupful of salt) may have helped us become a more social animal.

Not hooked, just with a bone in 'em. Humans don't. What that implies isn't known and Cracked has a tendency to pass off speculation as fact. Not as bad as "Unlike other forms of alcohol, tequila is not a depressant" buzzfeed.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #61653 on: October 27, 2014, 08:52:31 pm »

We could sell power and get tourist money from that dam made out of blood we're building.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #61654 on: October 27, 2014, 08:53:33 pm »

Guys, I'm fine. I spent some spare time a while ago making an amulet that automatically brings my SAN score back up to snuff if it drops dangerously low.

Joking around with having stats in real life makes me wonder about what it would be like if, like, one day, you just woke up and understood the exact rules of the universe and how to use them to your advantage, like Neo or a less-insane Red Mage. That would be awesome.
buzzfeed
You said the buzzword. I'd crush you with some powerful Evocation spell, but Furtuka's probably still watching.

EDIT: Ah, I found a suitable spell.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:06:41 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #61655 on: October 27, 2014, 08:53:54 pm »

I've got it! We replace him with a druid model! Unlike the wizard model those ones one do grow on trees so has a significantly reduced cost, and should be immune to any animal related shutdowns!
It's FEF, not FEOF

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #61656 on: October 27, 2014, 09:01:04 pm »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61657 on: October 27, 2014, 09:10:21 pm »

Well, at least they GROW trees, which we can sell to the lumber industry and recoup our losses.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61658 on: October 27, 2014, 09:40:54 pm »

Sadly trees are a long term investment; we will eventually recoup our losses, but as long as we have to order new Taw's, we will be experiencing financial difficulties. We'll just have to learn to repair our Taw's until the price drops.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #61659 on: October 27, 2014, 09:52:27 pm »

Guys, stop trying to re-break me.

On an unrelated note, I have only just realized that the only thing in the FG&RP section that rivals the D&D count is FEF, an acronym I now understand and a game I now want to play, despite being slightly frightened of tackling those big, bulky threads and needing to learn another RPG system. :V
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61660 on: October 27, 2014, 10:10:17 pm »

Speaking of DnD, 5e. It's absolutely bizarre the way that compromise worked out; some parts of it call for celebration while others seem to be mind-numbingly stupid. Which shows that it's not a half-bad compromise, I suppose. Better than 4e at any rate.

On another note, I stumbled across this, and spent most of the day reading it and other things (that /tg/ 'invasion' of the crappy Drowtales FFRP by way of making a peaceful democratic dorf fort in a magma pit was pretty amusing).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61661 on: October 27, 2014, 10:20:13 pm »

Speaking of DnD, 5e. It's absolutely bizarre the way that compromise worked out; some parts of it call for celebration while others seem to be mind-numbingly stupid. Which shows that it's not a half-bad compromise, I suppose. Better than 4e at any rate.

Not even sure about that. Primary spellcasters only getting one or two of the higher level spells per day is an interesting way to balance them. Although they do have other features now to balance that out. The Transmutor's Stone and whatever the hell Sorcerers can do now look awesome. Warlocks look interesting now, with a sort of compromise between the old silly invocations and the 4e style abilities. Really liking most of the in-class specializations, especially for the previously tier 4-5 classes. Monks look viable now. Still not sure if they're proficient with unarmed attacks, but at least that wouldn't make as much of a difference now. I'm amazed they kept Quivering Palm. 2 Ki Points and two actions for 10d10 damage? The real question is, how high will the danger rate be? 4e was a really SAFE game, where PCs rarely died. 3.5e, in my experience wasn't. A D & D was DEFINITELY not safe, especially at the early levels.

Also, on an unrelated note, about a quarter of my bed is covered in D & D sourcebooks now. Not sure how I feel about that.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61662 on: October 27, 2014, 10:28:39 pm »

Yeah, that and the bland sameness of the classes (not even going to say it) were the two big things that turned me off of 4e. I much prefer a high-power high-risk balance for the rollplay. Though perhaps not quite so risky as the old "Rogue accidentally triggers a trap? Dead." paradigm. Or Tomb of Horrors. Incidentally, the way 4e handles the Sphere of Annihilation is a perfect allegory for the edition as a whole.

A sphere of annihilation is a globe of absolute blackness, a ball of nothingness 2 feet in diameter. The object is actually a hole in the continuity of the multiverse. Any matter that comes in contact with a sphere is instantly sucked into the void, gone, and utterly destroyed. Characters annihilated this way cannot be restored by any mortal magic.
becomes
Lol, 29th level trap, 6d6+10 damage + 15 ongoing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61663 on: October 27, 2014, 10:30:26 pm »

Not even sure about that. Primary spellcasters only getting one or two of the higher level spells per day is an interesting way to balance them. Although they do have other features now to balance that out. The Transmutor's Stone and whatever the hell Sorcerers can do now look awesome. Warlocks look interesting now, with a sort of compromise between the old silly invocations and the 4e style abilities. Really liking most of the in-class specializations, especially for the previously tier 4-5 classes. Monks look viable now. Still not sure if they're proficient with unarmed attacks, but at least that wouldn't make as much of a difference now. I'm amazed they kept Quivering Palm. 2 Ki Points and two actions for 10d10 damage? The real question is, how high will the danger rate be? 4e was a really SAFE game, where PCs rarely died. 3.5e, in my experience wasn't. A D & D was DEFINITELY not safe, especially at the early levels.

Also, on an unrelated note, about a quarter of my bed is covered in D & D sourcebooks now. Not sure how I feel about that.

Heh. AD&D was never safe for druids, so I've heard. Had to defeat a higher-level druid in combat in order to level?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61664 on: October 27, 2014, 10:43:04 pm »

Heh. AD&D was never safe for druids, so I've heard. Had to defeat a higher-level druid in combat in order to level?

I wish they'd kept that feature for all the tier 1 classes in 3.5. On one hand, you could get those 7th level spells you always wanted. On the other hand, you'd probably get your ass handed to you by an archmage.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 4109 4110 [4111] 4112 4113 ... 10983