Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4369 4370 [4371] 4372 4373 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13191033 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #65550 on: December 16, 2014, 08:25:55 pm »

The Engrish in the statement of intent/threat/claiming of responsibility was pretty incredible.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65551 on: December 16, 2014, 09:29:00 pm »

My god, my god.  I spend 150 minutes in a classroom and shit explodes.  But this made my night
My basic human rights does not come down to politics.
It... does actually. The UN charter of human rights is the result of politics, is enforced by politics, and there's a lot of politics around it.
This forum needs a like button so I can register as 5 different users and 1up this.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65552 on: December 16, 2014, 09:30:54 pm »

It was all part of your secret plan to make a new mega-thread, pisskop.

I'm onto you.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65553 on: December 16, 2014, 09:32:32 pm »

. . . but progress?  And I did learn things.  Actual, objective things I'll assimilate now.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65554 on: December 16, 2014, 09:39:08 pm »

My god, my god.  I spend 150 minutes in a classroom and shit explodes.  But this made my night
It... does actually. The UN charter of human rights is the result of politics, is enforced by politics, and there's a lot of politics around it.
This forum needs a like button so I can register as 5 different users and 1up this.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65555 on: December 16, 2014, 09:40:08 pm »

Seriously, though, it is a good thread to read through.  As long as people can keep it civil (and so far, so good for the most part) it can be a good source of discussion.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65556 on: December 16, 2014, 09:40:42 pm »

@graknorke
hmmm?  Good thing.  I had a margarine trying to explain such a thing on other forums.

Seriously, though, it is a good thread to read through.  As long as people can keep it civil (and so far, so good for the most part) it can be a good source of discussion.
Fingers crossed, it seems relatively civil in there.  But way out of my level of investment/league.  My points would only derail it.
PKs DF Mod!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #65557 on: December 16, 2014, 09:40:48 pm »

Please don't assimilate my belongings.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #65558 on: December 16, 2014, 09:41:57 pm »

Here's the thing. You said, "Human rights are political." Are they in the same family? Yes. Nobody's arguing that...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65559 on: December 16, 2014, 09:42:21 pm »

hmmm?  Good thing.  I had a margarine trying to explain such a thing on other forums.

Oh, I hope it is butter here.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65560 on: December 16, 2014, 09:42:30 pm »

-Good thing.  I had a margarine trying to explain such-

-I had a margarine-

AND YOU DIDN'T SHARE IT WITH US? You monster. :P

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65561 on: December 16, 2014, 10:13:16 pm »

Here's the thing. You said, "Human rights are political." Are they in the same family? Yes. Nobody's arguing that...
  Its just irritating to make a point about police forces and martial law when somebody is rabid about inalienable rights.  I really do get the sentiment, its just they are a product of our society, not the other way around.
PKs DF Mod!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65562 on: December 16, 2014, 10:41:17 pm »

Mm, yeah. That's something that tends to be forgotten, since we have entire generations who not only have been raised in a society where civil rights are seen as normal, but also which is almost beyond living memory of a world where that wasn't the paradigm being enforced by the closest thing the international system has to a hegemon.

What's that Jefferson quote? "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Goodness knows it's misused often enough by nationalists and bigots, but the original point is exactly what people forget: inalienable rights aren't. They are preserved not by nature or God or whatever else you choose to believe in (and certainly not by whinging on the internet), but by people and politics, by individuals and organizations which value them sufficiently to dedicate time and resources to preserving them and pushing back in meaningful ways against those who would seek to diminish them.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65563 on: December 16, 2014, 11:02:18 pm »

Being right about that doesn't mean you should drag those arguments into other threads to ridicule the people that were incorrect.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65564 on: December 16, 2014, 11:05:12 pm »

Being right about that doesn't mean you should drag those arguments into other threads to ridicule the people that were incorrect.
What?  I wasn't doing that.  Surely I can relate my experience in context in a thread.  This has nothing to do with hiding from the other person or bashing them out of context.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 4369 4370 [4371] 4372 4373 ... 10984