Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4564 4565 [4566] 4567 4568 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13167324 times)

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #68475 on: January 28, 2015, 05:50:59 pm »

So TUL starts showing up on this other forum that I had been on earlier, not my fault this time, and I'm wondering. Am I his herald now?
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.
By the way, I found Grisha5 there. Also, sigged.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68476 on: January 28, 2015, 05:53:22 pm »

grisha5
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #68477 on: January 28, 2015, 06:08:07 pm »

Losing LordSlowpoke would be like ripping a shard out of Bay12, stuffing it into a microcline cage, and beating it with an adamantine chainsaw.

That's on.

Fire.

In conclusion, once people start regularly giving you 8/10 to 10/10 on the How Well Known is the Person Above you thread, you are epoxied into Bay12's history forever. Generally you have some kind of gimmick, like having a solid avatar scheme, starting a wildly popular thread, or some kind of silly OORC (out-of-reality's-context) in-joke about yourself, like Xantalos's eldritch abomination-osity. Losing you abruptly is at least something of a surprise.

Remember what happened to GWG, Iamanelfcollaborator and PTTG??, lest Bay12 be forever shaken.

Hey so I guess this is WTF-worthy. I just did a search of my name (shut up, I'm not self-centered) and apparently something terrible happened to me. I'm kind of curious what it was.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68478 on: January 28, 2015, 06:25:08 pm »

You died.
And apparently became an internet ghost. :-/ Sorry dude.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #68480 on: January 28, 2015, 06:30:27 pm »

GWG was banned, I don't think elf collaborator had anything happen to him, and nothing has happened to you, evidently.

Best guess? Taw's gone off the deep end. Soon he might find the rest of us.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #68481 on: January 28, 2015, 06:32:37 pm »

He said "Losing."

GWG was banned, and PTTG??, I assume, doesn't post nearly as much. Dunno about Elf.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68482 on: January 28, 2015, 06:47:18 pm »

what in the ever-living fuck are the Top Minds doing now
That's actually p.spoopy. Threadbare ghetto as fuck childcare place that takes oversized deliveries of volumeless plastic jewellery and has negative children in it?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #68483 on: January 28, 2015, 07:27:08 pm »

Don't water treatment plants have any redundancy for their filters an such? Considering a mistake could poison/infect an entire town, you can't count on just one system.

I think they have alarms or something, so someone turned it back on.

They're also putting in back-up chlorine pumps ('cause I remember what it is now) so if the main one breaks, that takes over 'til it gets fixed.

Also something about this costing $150,000, which seems excessive for something that didn't really actually do anything. This was the second... thing? That happened in 2014, though they only said the first one happened in February.

Apparently, in an emergency they notify customers within 24 hours. Unless you don't listen to the radio or watch TV, so... I'm kinda buggered if anything goes seriously wrong.

Not that I really drink tap water anyways... caffeinated soda, all the way! If I run out of that, apple juice! Then tap water.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68484 on: January 28, 2015, 07:42:51 pm »

Ok I have to ask it is driving me nuts.

What is the Friend Zone?

I used to think it is a metaphysical concept of a relationship being so platonic or familial that it cannot become romantic.

But APPERANTLY that isn't it... But every time I get people to define it to me all I get is "The Friend zone doesn't exist and isn't a thing" which is also unhelpful.

What is it? AHH!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68485 on: January 28, 2015, 07:44:31 pm »

Friend Zone is the concept that once you fail to push the sexual advance upon a woman she will regard you as merely 'a friend', or as an emotional support device.  She will date more assertive/aggressive men while you will be the person to talks about these men (and their failings) to.

Some here will doubt its existence, tho.  It is from the Pick-Up-Artists, though.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68486 on: January 28, 2015, 07:47:15 pm »

Friend Zone is the concept that once you fail to push the sexual advance upon a woman she will regard you as merely 'a friend', or as an emotional support device.  She will date more assertive/aggressive men while you will be the person to talks about these men (and their failings) to.

Wait... that sounds reasonable. Why is this concept controversial?

There is certainly a difference I feel between people who come onto me as a friend versus people who come onto me sexually (though all the people I ever got a crush on have TYPICALLY been not as aggressive... with only two of my five crushes in my entire life have been with people who ever actually come onto me)

I mean I know how this concept could be misapplied, but at surface value it simply means "If you speak to someone as a friend they will regard you as a friend and might not immediately see you as a romantic interest"
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 07:49:24 pm by Neonivek »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #68487 on: January 28, 2015, 07:49:44 pm »

He said "Losing."

GWG was banned, and PTTG??, I assume, doesn't post nearly as much. Dunno about Elf.
PTTG?? has the third-highest thread creation count behind GWG and Toady. Iamanelfcollaborator had the highest postcount behind GWG when GWG got banned.

I was warning the new non-banned non-Toady top forumites (post-/thread-wise).

Man, those were the days.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #68488 on: January 28, 2015, 07:50:34 pm »

I still don't understand why you listed the non GWG ones since they're active to this very day. :P

^No seriously I really want to know.  TELL ME YOUR SECREEEETS
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 07:54:22 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68489 on: January 28, 2015, 07:55:11 pm »

Apparently, Netflix does not let more than two devices on one account use it at a time. While not as bad as what Steam does, its still a WTF for me.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 4564 4565 [4566] 4567 4568 ... 10983