Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4565 4566 [4567] 4568 4569 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13187961 times)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #68490 on: January 28, 2015, 07:58:15 pm »

Apparently, Netflix does not let more than two devices on one account use it at a time. While not as bad as what Steam does, its still a WTF for me.
Steam still doesn't allow this?  It works when both devices are on the same network(I think) to allow for in-house streaming from computer to computer, but does it still complain otherwise?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68491 on: January 28, 2015, 08:01:08 pm »

Apparently, Netflix does not let more than two devices on one account use it at a time. While not as bad as what Steam does, its still a WTF for me.
Steam still doesn't allow this?  It works when both devices are on the same network(I think) to allow for in-house streaming from computer to computer, but does it still complain otherwise?

Actually for steam, two people can use one library indefinitely as long as the original owner of the library starts steam in offline mode after the sharer has already started a session.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #68492 on: January 28, 2015, 08:01:50 pm »

I still don't understand why you listed the non GWG ones since they're active to this very day. :P

^No seriously I really want to know.  TELL ME YOUR SECREEEETS
Since I'm assuming that you're joking about the relative inactivity of IAAEC and PTTG??, I just randomly opened the forum statistics bars and looked at the new top numbers in the places where GWG was top dog. Didn't care how often they posted.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68493 on: January 28, 2015, 08:03:55 pm »

Actually for steam, two people can use one library indefinitely as long as the original owner of the library starts steam in offline mode after the sharer has already started a session.
That doesent work in my experience. Might just be mine, but I dunno.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #68494 on: January 28, 2015, 08:08:36 pm »

Friend Zone is the concept that once you fail to push the sexual advance upon a woman she will regard you as merely 'a friend', or as an emotional support device.  She will date more assertive/aggressive men while you will be the person to talks about these men (and their failings) to.

Wait... that sounds reasonable. Why is this concept controversial?

There is certainly a difference I feel between people who come onto me as a friend versus people who come onto me sexually (though all the people I ever got a crush on have TYPICALLY been not as aggressive... with only two of my five crushes in my entire life have been with people who ever actually come onto me)

I mean I know how this concept could be misapplied, but at surface value it simply means "If you speak to someone as a friend they will regard you as a friend and might not immediately see you as a romantic interest"
Because the whole thing is sexist, that's why.  If you want to date someone and they want to be friends with you, you haven't been "Friendzoned", you've been turned down.  No one owes you sex.

Stereotypically, the people who use that word will befriend a woman with the aim of having sex with her, and then when they get rejected they get angry because they did so much for that person.  But him being rewarded with sex/romance was never what was in question, she just saw it as a friendship.

Basically, it "doesn't exist" in the sense that its a dumb concept that should be erased from our language, not in the sense that there can't be a relationship in which one person wants friendship and one person wants romance.

Also, obligatory XKCD.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68495 on: January 28, 2015, 08:12:13 pm »

What's it called if two people become friends (no expectation of sex, love, etc) and only later does one develop romantic feelings towards the other while the other doesn't share those feelings?

^ what I originally thought the term "friend zone" referred to.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68496 on: January 28, 2015, 08:19:51 pm »

I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone unironically complain about the "friendzone."

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68497 on: January 28, 2015, 09:02:47 pm »

That doesent work in my experience. Might just be mine, but I dunno.

Steam must just hate you, I guess. My brother and I do this pretty regularly. It won't let you play with each other, but if the owner is in offline mode the sharer can use the library unrestricted.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #68498 on: January 28, 2015, 09:14:37 pm »

Steam also now allows (once you do a little setup work) you to share games between accounts as long as only one person is playing a given game at a time.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68499 on: January 28, 2015, 09:19:59 pm »

Steam must just hate you, I guess. My brother and I do this pretty regularly. It won't let you play with each other, but if the owner is in offline mode the sharer can use the library unrestricted.
Yes, yes it does.

Afterall, it did eat a $80 game.
Highly Opinionated Fool

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68500 on: January 28, 2015, 09:44:02 pm »

Why are there so many drugs in the zombie genre?  Even its orgins . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #68501 on: January 28, 2015, 09:44:51 pm »

Zombies=gritty.
Drugs=gritty.

Zombies + drugs = extra gritty.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #68502 on: January 28, 2015, 09:46:47 pm »

Hey, if the zombie apocalypse happened, I'd be doing loads of drugs.
And I'm a goddamn teetotaler.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68503 on: January 28, 2015, 09:51:09 pm »

But wouldn't doing loads of drugs make you more likely to be eaten by screwing with your senses and reaction times?  ???

Personally, I think a zombie apocalypse would be the best time to be a teetotaler.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68504 on: January 28, 2015, 10:04:00 pm »

Except caffeine. Caffeine is the chemical of the gods.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 4565 4566 [4567] 4568 4569 ... 10983