Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4614 4615 [4616] 4617 4618 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13182560 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69225 on: February 07, 2015, 07:26:22 pm »

Speaking of biology, a very good friend of mine found this in his bed at night.
It's under a medium-sized orange cup.
You're asking the wrong question, which should be, namely, "How do I kill this monstrosity?". To which the answer is a large textbook or similar object descending immediately upon removal of the cup. (Or alternatively you could just put something on top of the cup so it didn't get knocked over and wait a day or two for it to die of dehydration).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #69226 on: February 07, 2015, 07:41:31 pm »

No, it was clearly a remake of Fern Gully
I should strike you down for that grievous insult to Fern Gully. Including a film with Tim Curry in it in the same sentence as Avatar is just blasphemous, except to illustrate how brutally outmatched the latter is as a form of media.

E: That said, if they made Ewya basically!Hexxes for the next movies I would probably watch the shit out of those things. Chances of that happening: 0.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:47:34 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #69227 on: February 07, 2015, 08:05:24 pm »

Speaking of biology, a very good friend of mine found this in his bed at night.

It's under a medium-sized orange cup.
Wasp, I'd say.

Hornets don't tend to have that bar in the middle.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #69228 on: February 07, 2015, 09:15:37 pm »

Had baby's first hangover this morning- had a whole bottle of Malbec last night skyping with friends and didn't think to get any water until about glass #3.

That's it for the booze for a while, and for high amounts of it for even longer. I don't drink often (about once a week, sometimes once every two), but I prefer to be productive in the mornings, which is difficult to do with a bad headache, and this gave me a good scare.

Also found out in the course of said Skype conversation that my ex, who's still a very good friend, tried to kill herself in high school. She's better now, but...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 09:18:48 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69229 on: February 07, 2015, 09:36:25 pm »

Yay, hangovers! :D
*booze-five*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69230 on: February 07, 2015, 10:17:26 pm »

At least they don't have sex with them too. OH WAIT THEY DO BUT THAT SCENE WAS DELETED.
...where is this
Yeah that's disgusting. I need to know where on the internet I should never set foot.
He means they link the tentacles with each other when they have sex, not have sex with the animals iirc. At least I think. I sure hope so.

Though personally I feel that that specific point about their uses of the head tails being used as a point against them is a flawed argument since it's a part of their biology and ecosystem that is alien enough that human values can't be completely considered to apply in that context. As bizarre and ridiculous a piece of biology as it is.
Haha, yeah, they had brain-tentacle sex with each other, not the animals. I guess that was easily misconstrued.

5. Cameron was so busy ripping off plots from older, better films that he forgot to steal elements of AmerIndian culture. So the Na'vi aren't just oblivious self-centered assholes

But on the other hand when depicting the human side he accurately portrayed military culture, which is all about being oblivious self-serving monomaniacal assholes.

EDIT:
It's really a matter of how incredibly unsympathetically the non-scientist humans are depicted.
Of course. Pretty much every character in the film was a tosser, it's just that the non-scientist humans were straightforward about it. I'd rather someone be candid and open about how terrible they are. And since they were arbitrarily shoehorned into the DURR WE R EBUL side of Cameron's primary school morality, they're slightly more sympathetic to me simply by virtue of not being wanked by that hack.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:20:46 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69231 on: February 07, 2015, 10:27:11 pm »

I thought of creating a poll asking if the men of this chat would get pregnant if they could.

But then I was like "No.... that won't end well..." but dang if it isn't an interesting subject.

Because classical thinking is that men are terrified of pregnancy... but I wonder if that is entirely true, that if given a choice a man wouldn't willingly go through it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69232 on: February 07, 2015, 10:33:02 pm »

Generally speaking, men don't willingly go through pregnancy because they lack the requisite organs.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69233 on: February 07, 2015, 10:42:47 pm »

Generally speaking, men don't willingly go through pregnancy because they lack the requisite organs.

Yes, I kind of realize that :P

and even if there was a way, it would be expensive enough that it would scare most people who would want to try away.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #69234 on: February 07, 2015, 10:43:32 pm »

Think that's what the 'could' was there for OW.

Personally, hell naw. Too much pain. I'm not scared of the concept of pregnancy, I just don't want to go through the excruciating process of actually experiencing it. Especially if we didn't get all the natural painkillers released by our body like women do.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69235 on: February 07, 2015, 10:48:10 pm »

I watched Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episode 2, "Underground Sonic".  I really have no idea how to process that cartoon.  And I say this as someone who has played and watched a lot of Sonic.

Of course, the only thing I remember from AoStH is the theme song originally (I have ep. 1 on my hard drive from my almost 10-years defunct fansite) so I really have no idea what to think of it.  I also have the better Sonic SatAM episodes, but the show takes itself too seriously sometimes.

And looking at the above posts, I am glad to have missed that conversation.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #69236 on: February 07, 2015, 11:05:28 pm »

The only thing that I know about that is that Dr. Eggman from it is a staple of Youtube Poop as much as King Harkinian.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #69237 on: February 07, 2015, 11:07:08 pm »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:22:16 am by penguinofhonor »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #69238 on: February 07, 2015, 11:07:40 pm »

SNOO-PING AS- USUAL I SEE
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69239 on: February 07, 2015, 11:08:47 pm »

The only thing that I know about that is that Dr. Eggman from it is a staple of Youtube Poop as much as King Harkinian.

Oh, believe me, kid, Dr. Robotnik is the true star of the show, that's for damn sure.
Pages: 1 ... 4614 4615 [4616] 4617 4618 ... 10983