Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4632 4633 [4634] 4635 4636 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13164626 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69495 on: February 11, 2015, 01:13:23 am »

I remember the days - back before sigtexts and all that crap - when it was actually an honour to be in someone's sig.
Now, anyone with a keyboard can spout nonsense and be pinned up in a post nobody reads and all the meaning has been drained from it.
[/oldmanrant]

And someone's probably going to stick this in their sigtext just to spite me.
The sigtext thread has been here two and a half years longer than you have.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69496 on: February 11, 2015, 01:19:15 am »

XD

No, but honestly, I read sigtexts. There's nothing wrong with being in one. Hell, I'm in Taw's a shitton. I feel proud of that.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69497 on: February 11, 2015, 01:20:13 am »

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69498 on: February 11, 2015, 01:32:16 am »

Apparently in OD&D all magical swords were intelligent. Most of them were dicks, too.
._.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #69499 on: February 11, 2015, 01:52:41 am »

I remember the days - back before sigtexts and all that crap - when it was actually an honour to be in someone's sig.
Now, anyone with a keyboard can spout nonsense and be pinned up in a post nobody reads and all the meaning has been drained from it.
[/oldmanrant]

And someone's probably going to stick this in their sigtext just to spite me.
1. Yeah totally
2. I hoard sigquotes like a dragon hoards treasure. I value them all, though some are more valuable than others, and jealously keep them away from most eyes (who don't bother to go to the sigthread).
Besides, I have a legitimate excuse in that I have over 40,000 characters worth of sig quotes. I need it!
/addiction
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69500 on: February 11, 2015, 01:56:02 am »

The sigtext thread has been here two and a half years longer than you have.
I must regretfully inform you that my rant was, in fact, facetious.

I still don't like sigtexts, though.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69501 on: February 11, 2015, 01:58:12 am »

I read sigtexts.

WHY?!
Because, Yoink, not everyone thinks the same as you~
And because boredom. D-D-D-D-DEAL WITH IT
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #69502 on: February 11, 2015, 09:24:39 am »

Ooh! I showed up before the sigtext thread! Does that mean I get to rant about them?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69504 on: February 11, 2015, 10:27:38 am »

Sigtext

Bah you young whippersnappers and yer sigtext, back in my day we didn't even have signatures!   We didn't even have avatars! We had a crappy old forum software that was ancient even back then!  And we liked it!

Do you know how many people... back when Toady put up a poll about what features to enable on SMF actually voted to not allow signatures or avatars?  And there was such a huge debate on allowing images in signatures!  I actually voted to only allow ASCII characters as avatars!

* Greiger waves his old man cane and waits for someone from the Armok 1 days of the forum to come and one up him.

(I am also amused that whippersnappers is a word recognized by firefox spellcheck)

EDIT: Actually wait, looking back I think there may have been some basic sig functionality on the old forum.   Bah whatever.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 10:36:32 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #69505 on: February 11, 2015, 10:30:53 am »

Sigtext

Bah you young whippersnappers and yer sigtext, back in my day we didn't even have signatures!   We didn't even have avatars! We had a crappy old forum software that was ancient even back then!  And we liked it!

Do you know how many people... back when Toady put up a poll about what features to enable on SMF actually voted to not allow signatures or avatars?  And there was such a huge debate on allowing images in signatures!  I actually voted to only allow ASCII characters as avatars!

* Greiger waves his old man cane and waits for someone from the Armok 1 days of the forum to come and one up him.

(I am also amused that whippersnappers is a word recognized by firefox spellcheck)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69506 on: February 11, 2015, 10:31:02 am »

Chrome doesn't recognize 'dwarves'
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69507 on: February 11, 2015, 10:38:37 am »

As there is no rage thread, this will go here.

Valentine's adverts, with all the women going "Chocolates say Love"NO THEY DON'T! They say I'm so fucking unoriginal I'm just going to get you a Valentine's gift with no thought put into it at all, because I want to look good and don't care if it falls flat, you cow!

Though this is outside of my regular "Valentine's is a pointless thing, setting aside one day of the year for romance just gives people an excuse to forget about it for the rest of the year."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69508 on: February 11, 2015, 10:40:46 am »

Last time I had a serious partner for valentine's day I brought home whipped cream.  8)
Unsurprisingly the sentiment went farther than the cream.  But we did have ice cream later, so it wasn't wasted.

V-day is not an excuse to forget, but a reminder to make the extra effort.  It's the capitalism that's bad  Waters down the sentiment to make monies.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69509 on: February 11, 2015, 10:43:06 am »

Last time I had a serious partner for valentine's day I brought home whipped cream.  8)

Unsurprisingly the sentiment went farther than the cream.  But we did have ice cream later, so it wasn't wasted.

V-day is not an excuse to forget, but a reminder to make the extra effort.  It's the capitalism that's bad.

See, some originality.

Next advert to be pissed off about is one for a jeweler, two people bought each other the same card. OMG, YOU WERE MADE FOR EACH OTHER.

I should just watch Youtube vidoes until after Valentine's Day, at least then it'll be Easter adverts. Can't get pissed off about a holiday about chocolate eggs...

Pages: 1 ... 4632 4633 [4634] 4635 4636 ... 10983