Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4633 4634 [4635] 4636 4637 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13004992 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69510 on: February 11, 2015, 11:37:49 am »

Vegans who are allergic to chocolate.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69511 on: February 11, 2015, 11:58:41 am »

I didn't get how this was a WTF until reading the message above. Though it did remind me of a guy I met who could drink milk just fine, became Vegan for a while & now is lactose intolerant to the point of being violently ill off even small amounts of dairy product.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69512 on: February 11, 2015, 12:14:29 pm »

I didn't get how this was a WTF until reading the message above. Though it did remind me of a guy I met who could drink milk just fine, became Vegan for a while & now is lactose intolerant to the point of being violently ill off even small amounts of dairy product.
IIRC many people's bodies are supposed to stop being able to break down milk(and friends) after youth but it saturates our food so much that the body never does.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69513 on: February 11, 2015, 12:59:52 pm »

Last time I had a serious partner for valentine's day I brought home whipped cream.  8)

Unsurprisingly the sentiment went farther than the cream.  But we did have ice cream later, so it wasn't wasted.

V-day is not an excuse to forget, but a reminder to make the extra effort.  It's the capitalism that's bad.

See, some originality.

Next advert to be pissed off about is one for a jeweler, two people bought each other the same card. OMG, YOU WERE MADE FOR EACH OTHER.

I should just watch Youtube vidoes until after Valentine's Day, at least then it'll be Easter adverts. Can't get pissed off about a holiday about chocolate eggs...

I don't celebrate Valentines Day (except for a small observance in the form of watching the scene from Temple of Doom where they rip the guy's heart out then hold it in the air and set it on fire).

Instead I celebrate the anniversary of the firebombing of Dresden by the Allied Powers.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 01:19:44 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69514 on: February 11, 2015, 01:07:06 pm »

Last time I had a serious partner for valentine's day I brought home whipped cream.  8)

Unsurprisingly the sentiment went farther than the cream.  But we did have ice cream later, so it wasn't wasted.

V-day is not an excuse to forget, but a reminder to make the extra effort.  It's the capitalism that's bad.

See, some originality.

Next advert to be pissed off about is one for a jeweler, two people bought each other the same card. OMG, YOU WERE MADE FOR EACH OTHER.

I should just watch Youtube vidoes until after Valentine's Day, at least then it'll be Easter adverts. Can't get pissed off about a holiday about chocolate eggs...

I don't celebrate Valentines Day (except for a small observance in the form of watching the scene from Temple of Doom where they hold the guy's heart in the air and set it on fire). Instead I celebrate the anniversary of the firebombing of Dresden by the Allied Powers.

"Nothing says love like incendiary bombs..."
This is a blank sig.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69515 on: February 11, 2015, 01:16:25 pm »

IIRC many people's bodies are supposed to stop being able to break down milk(and friends) after youth but it saturates our food so much that the body never does.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm thankful that I've never had occasion to test my body's ability to break down friends. Or Friends, for that matter.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69516 on: February 11, 2015, 01:24:14 pm »

As there is no rage thread, this will go here.

Speaking of which, Does anyone Know if that thread's eventually going to be unlocked? because if not I'm gonna start a new one.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #69517 on: February 11, 2015, 01:26:03 pm »

Don't start a new one unless you're willing to be at least as tight as nenjin in running it. He and his rules are/were pretty much the only reason that thread didn't go to hell in the first few days.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69518 on: February 11, 2015, 01:42:45 pm »

Is the rage thread dead permanently?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69519 on: February 11, 2015, 01:44:28 pm »

Is the rage thread dead permanently?
As long as people feel rage, there will be a rage thread.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69520 on: February 11, 2015, 01:47:10 pm »

See, some originality.

I don't celebrate Valentines Day (except for a small observance in the form of watching the scene from Temple of Doom where they hold the guy's heart in the air and set it on fire). Instead I celebrate the anniversary of the firebombing of Dresden by the Allied Powers.

"Nothing says love like incendiary bombs..."

"I don't want to set the worlddd on fiiirrreeee...
I just want to start
A flame in your hearrtttt..."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #69521 on: February 11, 2015, 01:51:26 pm »

Related and definitely a WTF, my friends and I have ended up wandering around singing a few lines of certain songs whenever it's appropriate, and sometimes when it's not. Specifically relevant:

"Uh, remind me MC, who didn't start the fire?"
"We didn't start the fire..."

It's weird, but amazing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 02:34:54 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69523 on: February 11, 2015, 02:40:31 pm »

"God Made Girls"
This country song annoys me everytime it plays on the radio.

Mostly cause the song is about the cultural/societal expectations, somewhere in the modern-ish West...  Not something designed by 'God'.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69524 on: February 11, 2015, 02:45:59 pm »

She's got an annoying drawl.  Say 'girls' a little more for me, please.
  The rest of the song is uninteresting due to its irrelevance to me, but is an overall feelgood song.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 4633 4634 [4635] 4636 4637 ... 10974