Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4634 4635 [4636] 4637 4638 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13196337 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69525 on: February 11, 2015, 02:57:18 pm »

Don't start a new one unless you're willing to be at least as tight as nenjin in running it. He and his rules are/were pretty much the only reason that thread didn't go to hell in the first few days.
Ye gods, this. It's practically a job, seems like some days.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #69526 on: February 11, 2015, 02:59:02 pm »

"God Made Girls"
This country song annoys me everytime it plays on the radio.

Mostly cause the song is about the cultural/societal expectations, somewhere in the modern-ish West...  Not something designed by 'God'.
Her accent just gave me cancer. And I'm from Texas. That's practically the stereotype home of country, with cacti and horses and cowboy hats and shiz.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #69527 on: February 11, 2015, 03:01:08 pm »

"God Made Girls"

Mostly cause the song is about the cultural/societal expectations, somewhere in the modern-ish West...  Not something designed by 'God'.
Her accent just gave me cancer. And I'm from Texas. That's practically the stereotype home of country, with cacti and horses and cowboy hats and shiz.

God?

I like how that's lumped in with "shiz" :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #69528 on: February 11, 2015, 03:06:44 pm »

"God Made Girls"

God?

I don't normally think of God when I think of the stereotypical portrayal of country music, nah. What I was saying is her accent is so overdone that a person from Texas - the state considered the most "southern" and "country" you could possibly get - finds it terrible.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69529 on: February 11, 2015, 03:09:38 pm »

"God Made Girls"

God?

I don't normally think of God when I think of the stereotypical portrayal of country music, nah. What I was saying is her accent is so overdone that a person from Texas - the state considered the most "southern" and "country" you could possibly get - finds it terrible.

I usually think of religious nutheads people when I think of Texas.

Might just be a thing I associate with the South, though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69530 on: February 11, 2015, 03:09:58 pm »

Huh? I thought ya'll talked like Slim Pickens.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #69531 on: February 11, 2015, 03:12:56 pm »

I don't normally think of God when I think of the stereotypical portrayal of country music, nah.
Methinks you've either listened to too much or too little, then. Reference is usually pretty common in country music, either to church or religious belief/behavior in general.

E: How's it go again? "My dog died, my wife left me, and my tractor's cheating on me, so thank God I'm drunk." Something along those lines.

E2: 'course, it was because of the hootch you entered into relations with farm equipment to begin with, but eh. More songs should start off with a hangover and a john deer giving you doe eyes from underneath the blankets. Just don't ask how it fit under 'em, or what happened to your bed. Or where the eyes came from. Actually, at that point it's probably a good idea to have another drink. Or fifty. Whatever makes it stop.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 03:26:27 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69532 on: February 11, 2015, 03:22:45 pm »

I think it's My Wife Died, My Tractor Left Me, My Dog's Cheating on me
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #69533 on: February 11, 2015, 03:26:14 pm »

Depends on the area you're in or the person you're talking to. No matter where you are in Texas you're bound to hear at least one person use "y'all" unironically though.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69534 on: February 11, 2015, 03:27:50 pm »

A Hitman film that completely misses the point?
Seems like it might be interesting. Though his rating is going to be pretty shit by the looks of it. Violence and noise both far too high.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #69535 on: February 11, 2015, 03:33:24 pm »

Depends on the area you're in or the person you're talking to. No matter where you are in Texas you're bound to hear at least one person use "y'all" unironically though.
...My WTF for today is... There's people in the south who DON'T use "ya'll"? Hell, where I live it's practically part of everyone's vocabulary.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69536 on: February 11, 2015, 03:33:47 pm »

Seems like it might be interesting. Though his rating is going to be pretty shit by the looks of it. Violence and noise both far too high.
But Hitman was all about grabbing guns and killing everything within sight . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69537 on: February 11, 2015, 03:35:08 pm »

Christ, can they not at least put some kind of prosthetic skin on the guys head so he actually looks bald?

Looks like nonsense. Will probably see it if I can do so without actually paying for it, beyond my disgust that they're just using the Hitman IP to make another run-of-the-mill bullshit action movie.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69538 on: February 11, 2015, 03:45:34 pm »

The fuck. What a shitty hitman, attracting so much attention and stuff.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69539 on: February 11, 2015, 03:49:01 pm »

The fuck. What a shitty hitman, attracting so much attention and stuff.

That looks... so bad, and not in the powerglove way.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 4634 4635 [4636] 4637 4638 ... 10984