Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4658 4659 [4660] 4661 4662 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995352 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69885 on: February 15, 2015, 01:53:46 am »

Wait... People dont know what deferent means? On a forum for a game that has a learning curve that requires either the ability to look up things or be intelligent, if not both?

I mean, this IS the internet, where you can copy-paste the offending word into a search engine and get a result in *Checks*...

*Realizes that Firefox's primary search engine is now Yahoo, and that yahoo does not show how long a search took...*

Uh... say about 2.28 seconds.

-Dang ninjas-
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69886 on: February 15, 2015, 01:55:57 am »

0.24 seconds.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69887 on: February 15, 2015, 01:57:37 am »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #69888 on: February 15, 2015, 01:59:22 am »

It's unusual. I think it might come across as a bit too polite or deferent.
The latter bit, I'd say it depends on how deeply you're bowing, since... well, in most western cultures, people just don't. Bow. Ever. About the best you're going to get is mocking, since nowadays that sort of behavior is generally seen as effectively overacting. Since it doesn't happen outside of theater or maybe incredibly formal situations 99% of the population will never encounter.

A nod/head incline/bow!light is less out there. Do that myself, sometimes, when I don't feel like talking but some sort of acknowledgement is required. But waist movement is basically right out.

That said, kal should roll with it, see if they can't make it work, catch on a little. I'd bloody well love for it to replace handshakes and crap.

All that goes out the window for other cultures, though. Can't say anything about those.

---

... in other news, people were talking outside a few moments ago. It is 1 AM, in a rural town where there is no night scene and even the drunks are usually home before now. Who are you, people, why the hell are you talking within hearing distance of the window, and am I going to need to go get a gun?

Actually, don't answer those questions. Just. Just shut up and go away. Which you seem to have, so whatever.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69889 on: February 15, 2015, 02:06:19 am »

0.24 seconds.
I added two to the .28 I got for getting to google. So sue me.
Or just double-click it.
That a chrome feature?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69890 on: February 15, 2015, 04:00:51 am »

It's a chrome extension.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69891 on: February 15, 2015, 05:30:51 am »

I always confuse deference with dereference (the c++ operator)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #69892 on: February 15, 2015, 10:49:59 am »

This happened a few days ago, but it's kind of ridiculous.
Me and my family went out to watch a film we wanted to see, Birdman. It's theater run has long passed, but our local cinema has decided to show it again. This is good since my mother hadn't seen it yet. We had a meal, then went to the cinema and tried to get some tickets, noticing the place looked fuller then usual probably because of 50 Shades of Grey. Ugh.
However. The guy on the till said that the showing had been canceled. Why? No-one had come. Then my dad asked the ticket man and he said the film wouldn't play on their projectors. Either way, our night had ended.
We checked their website, and they still said they were showing Birdman. We had to argue to get comphensation. Luckily, we got a pass for three people to see a film free.

What was written for the pass was 'three free tickets due to previous inconvenience experience'.
Yeah, man, we might have spent a night eating crappy food before going to a canceled film, but heeeeey, it was an experience.

And the worst thing? They had already told two other people that Birdman wasn't showing. So that meant they were turning down five people, which is more business then the cinema gets for any film that isn't for kids. Of course, the cinema where Birdman was meant to be showing was instead used for another showing of Fifty Shades of Grey. D:<

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69893 on: February 15, 2015, 10:58:48 am »

This is like that, except ten thousand fedora-wearing redditors have combined to create a Cringe Elemental.

Can we please at least attribute this to the right group? The *Insert appropriate pop culture reference and acceptable target here* seem a lot more appropriate.

I mean yikes can we add sense to our hyperbole? :P
Yes, let's do that.

That's not to say that reddit has an exclusive claim on these assholes, but it does have a lot of them sequestered in their subs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69894 on: February 15, 2015, 11:48:34 am »

So I wanted to have an argument online and looked for a good place to have an argument. Every single site I found with Google, every single topic, every single post on either side, this. It was even worse than what I expected.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:50:25 am by MagmaMcFry »

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69895 on: February 15, 2015, 12:56:49 pm »

I expected this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #69896 on: February 15, 2015, 01:01:26 pm »

Me and my family went out to watch a film we wanted to see, Birdman. It's theater run has long passed, but our local cinema has decided to show it again. This is good since my mother hadn't seen it yet. We had a meal, then went to the cinema and tried to get some tickets, noticing the place looked fuller then usual probably because of 50 Shades of Grey. Ugh.
However. The guy on the till said that the showing had been canceled. Why? No-one had come. Then my dad asked the ticket man and he said the film wouldn't play on their projectors. Either way, our night had ended.
We checked their website, and they still said they were showing Birdman. We had to argue to get comphensation. Luckily, we got a pass for three people to see a film free.

What was written for the pass was 'three free tickets due to previous inconvenience experience'.
Yeah, man, we might have spent a night eating crappy food before going to a canceled film, but heeeeey, it was an experience.

And the worst thing? They had already told two other people that Birdman wasn't showing. So that meant they were turning down five people, which is more business then the cinema gets for any film that isn't for kids. Of course, the cinema where Birdman was meant to be showing was instead used for another showing of Fifty Shades of Grey. D:<
Aww. I've heard Birdman was good too, not 50 Herps of Derp.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #69897 on: February 15, 2015, 01:03:25 pm »

It's pretty great, and I had seen it beforehand so it was even more of a shot to the gut because I knew it had to be much better then 50 Shades.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69898 on: February 15, 2015, 01:10:05 pm »

Ugh, 50 Shades of Grey... Why can't they make a movie out of one of the classics, like Venus in Furs or The 120 Days of Sodom*?

*and before anyone says anything, Salo was NOT a faithful adaptation. Not even close.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69899 on: February 15, 2015, 01:45:57 pm »

I have not seen 50 Shades of Grey and do not plan to, but a friend saw it and reported that "You get to see boobs, but otherwise it's one out of ten, fucking terrible movie".
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 4658 4659 [4660] 4661 4662 ... 10973