Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4664 4665 [4666] 4667 4668 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13206262 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69975 on: February 17, 2015, 10:20:28 am »

Reading this article on some trademark bullshit. The content isn't actually important, what staggers me is the number of people in the comments who don't know that fallout is a real word that has a meaning, rather than just being a brand name.

Yet another example of why IP law should be abolished.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69976 on: February 17, 2015, 12:28:12 pm »

Sure, then megacorp. N will take everything you ever create and monetize it, leaving you broken-hearted, and just plain broke.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69977 on: February 17, 2015, 02:36:41 pm »

1)  I just found out that "cannot" is a real word, to be used in place of "can not" or "can't". 

2)  I think this is a very stupid word, and should not be real.  Please remove this word from the English language at your earliest convenience.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #69978 on: February 17, 2015, 02:38:18 pm »

Too late, cannot is canon and this canon cannot be changed.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69979 on: February 17, 2015, 02:39:25 pm »

Cannot is an awesome word, and I take secret pleasure in using it as often as possible.  The more formal the paper, the more I try to fit it in.

Although, as a negative, it isn't the easiest to do. :|
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69980 on: February 17, 2015, 02:48:50 pm »

Alots live in Connaught
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #69981 on: February 17, 2015, 02:58:28 pm »

To hell or Connaught with you, dirty native!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69982 on: February 17, 2015, 03:51:37 pm »

Reading this article on some trademark bullshit. The content isn't actually important, what staggers me is the number of people in the comments who don't know that fallout is a real word that has a meaning, rather than just being a brand name.

Yet another example of why IP law should be abolished.
Sure, then megacorp. N will take everything you ever create and monetize it, leaving you broken-hearted, and just plain broke.

Why would they buy it from them instead of downloading it for free?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69983 on: February 17, 2015, 03:58:43 pm »

1)  I just found out that "cannot" is a real word, to be used in place of "can not" or "can't". 

2)  I think this is a very stupid word, and should not be real.  Please remove this word from the English language at your earliest convenience.
Cannot has existed for ages. Also, why should we remove a part of our lexicon? "I don't like it" is a terrible reason.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69984 on: February 17, 2015, 04:02:07 pm »

Software is special with its low distribution cost.  There's also development to consider.  A megacorp can take an idea and monetize it far more readily than a typical brilliant individual.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69985 on: February 17, 2015, 04:07:58 pm »

Cannot has existed for ages. Also, why should we remove a part of our lexicon? "I don't like it" is a terrible reason.

Sure its a good reason.  I mean just look at it!  Somebody clearly just shoved two words together and declared it a new word, even though it worked just fine as two words on their own.  Its redundant and silly looking.   :P

Otherwise, we might as well start doing with the rest of our words.  I donot think this is a good idea when wehad perfectly good words for these things.  I willnot be apart of these grammar shenanigans. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:12:09 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69986 on: February 17, 2015, 04:09:49 pm »

While we're on it, can we also remove "thru" and "till" as an abbreviation for "until"?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69987 on: February 17, 2015, 04:10:03 pm »

Software is special with its low distribution cost.  There's also development to consider.  A megacorp can take an idea and monetize it far more readily than a typical brilliant individual.

Movies, music, literature, too. Don't forget those.
(and anything that can be made with a 3d printer)
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69988 on: February 17, 2015, 04:15:43 pm »

Sure its a good reason.  I mean just look at it!  Somebody clearly just shoved two words together and declared it a new word, even though it worked just fine as two words on their own.  Its redundant and silly looking.   :P

Otherwise, we might as well start doing with the rest of our words.  I donot think this is a good idea when wehad perfectly good words for these things.  I willnot be apart of these grammar shenanigans.
Obviously, we should allow any word to be removed from our collective lexicon when someone thinks its stupid. 
PS: I declare all non-engrish words stupid.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #69989 on: February 17, 2015, 04:23:03 pm »

Wordcombining is doubleplusgood.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 4664 4665 [4666] 4667 4668 ... 10984