Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4732 4733 [4734] 4735 4736 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13174322 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #70995 on: February 28, 2015, 03:30:53 pm »

I am becoming convinced that the weekend dispatchers are on one drug or another. Either that or something is wrong with my file in the central office. They keep assigning me loads that, to be frank, I'm not supposed to be doing. Loads that get picked up 400 miles away. Overnight trips to other states. I'm a local driver who starts and ends each day in the same yard, not OTR.

And to top it off, all of this is happening on a day when I'm the only driver in the yard; my co-workers apparently have the day off, and when they do I'm supposed to as well. They never have just one of us working. I'm gonna need to speak to my manager come Monday if these guys don't get things sorted.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70996 on: February 28, 2015, 03:38:36 pm »

The wifi is being an absolute dick to me, it took me a whole hour to make one post a while back...

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70997 on: February 28, 2015, 04:16:47 pm »

I am becoming convinced that the weekend dispatchers are on one drug or another. Either that or something is wrong with my file in the central office. They keep assigning me loads that, to be frank, I'm not supposed to be doing. Loads that get picked up 400 miles away. Overnight trips to other states. I'm a local driver who starts and ends each day in the same yard, not OTR.

And to top it off, all of this is happening on a day when I'm the only driver in the yard; my co-workers apparently have the day off, and when they do I'm supposed to as well. They never have just one of us working. I'm gonna need to speak to my manager come Monday if these guys don't get things sorted.
Yeah, it sounds like there is some kind of mixup. You probably should talk to your manager.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #70998 on: February 28, 2015, 04:30:04 pm »

Trying to sort through job postings is a pretty solid WTF, just because of all the titles that give you absolutely no idea what they're hiring for.  I've seen like 20 variations of the title "Account Executive", which means absolutely nothing to me.  It's like they have a hat full of important-sounding business jargon, and pull 4 words to mash together at random when naming positions.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #70999 on: February 28, 2015, 04:33:40 pm »

Chief Best Practices Assistant
Associate Synergy Consultant
Independent Business Maximization Leader
Account Management Manager Manager
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #71000 on: February 28, 2015, 04:43:38 pm »

Yes, exactly.  I see four types of job postings.

1.  Doing what I already do, which I want to get away from.
2.  Specialization in other fields that I'm not qualified for.
3.  Shitty dead-end entry level stuff that would be a huge pay reduction.
4.  Regional business development analyzation assistant manager.

This fucking sucks.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71001 on: February 28, 2015, 05:41:38 pm »

Account Exectuive: Beancounter
Chief Best Practices Assistant: Scapegoat
Associate Synergy Consultant: Company axe man
Independent Business Maximization Leader: Salesdroid
Account Management Manager Manager: Zookeeper
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71002 on: February 28, 2015, 05:47:44 pm »

The wifi is being an absolute sea slug to me, it took me a whole hour to make one post a while back...
FTFY.

Does anyone know whether Hanslanda is still around? I haven't seen him in quite a while.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71003 on: February 28, 2015, 05:51:49 pm »

Ok I am going to have to give credit where credit is due.

Lazy Town

It is a show for kids about diet and exercise, mostly about being active, and it has characters who are basically cardboard cut outs of stereotypes like Computer Nerd and Junk Food lover.

Yet what it does that no one Kids show trying to beat a "message" into you does is that... It never tries to convince you that Computers or Candy are bad things, in fact even when those kids become active in the show they are still all about computers and candy, even going as far as to have an episode about how just sitting down and not doing anything is good for you once in a while. Heck a few episodes have computers or candy be the solution to the current episode's problem. It always focuses on doing them to excess.

If this was the carebears or something along those lines. That Candy would have probably been tainted by EVIL to make you fat so you stop caring about people and that you should just stop eating candy altogether.

The show also hits that perfect level of cheesy for me to love in spite being for kids.

---

Remember the secret of a successful diet isn't trying to find ways to eat less and each lighter.

It is about finding ways to eat more and eat better.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71004 on: February 28, 2015, 05:53:20 pm »

The wifi is being an absolute sea slug to me, it took me a whole hour to make one post a while back...
FTFY.

Does anyone know whether Hanslanda is still around? I haven't seen him in quite a while.

He was last active February 2nd, but hasn't posted since early January. Not really quite long enough to say he's gone, I'd say, but enough to take note of.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71005 on: February 28, 2015, 08:31:19 pm »

Lazy Town is creepy. That loli is way older than she looks.

Also, my WTF is that I've sold 10 phone service packages today. I work at GameStop.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71006 on: February 28, 2015, 08:36:10 pm »

Honestly, that guy's dick looks like a sea slug.

Don't they all?
It looked like a horrible wet mushroom!
Get it?
I'm pretty sure those kind of jokes are forbiden, ddynamo.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71007 on: February 28, 2015, 08:42:18 pm »

Honestly, that guy's dick looks like a sea slug.

Don't they all?
It looked like a horrible wet mushroom!
Get it?
I'm sorry... :(
I felt like being immature for a second.
Liar! When aren't you immature?!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #71008 on: February 28, 2015, 08:43:00 pm »

Well, the terrible jokes thread is pretty immature.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71009 on: February 28, 2015, 08:48:18 pm »

I'm sorry... :(
I felt like being immature for a second.
Liar! When aren't you immature?!
He seems to be saying they're reserved for the Vice President of the United States, actually, which would make them suitable for very mature people indeed. He's pretty old.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 4732 4733 [4734] 4735 4736 ... 10983