Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13173611 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #7110 on: March 28, 2012, 04:37:51 pm »

True. Of course, I've tried to avoid things like that since Dan Brown broke my mind.

Dan Brown? Or Dan Black?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: March 28, 2012, 04:39:18 pm »

True. Of course, I've tried to avoid things like that since Dan Brown broke my mind.

Dan Brown? Or Dan Black?
Pretty sure he's talking about Dan Brown, of Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons fame.

Unless I'm totally wrong.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: March 28, 2012, 04:54:26 pm »

Don't read much FSTDT/CSTDT, do you?  :P

THIS AUTOMATED MESSAGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE MSH FOUNDATION FOR INTERNET HEALTH

You may currently be considering viewing Fundies Say The Darndest Things, or one of it's affiliate sites. We here at MSHFIT-Health are here to inform you of the serious mental and physical consequences of such an act. Fundies Say The Darndest Things is what is known as an "mental event horizon gateway". What is a a mental event horizon? For the purposes of this announcement, a mental event horizon refers to the point at which the concentrated insanity of stupid people begins to fold in upon itself and reach Schizo-Criticality, the point at which it becomes impossible to differentiate any crazy within the mental event horizion from any other crazy within it unless one is also inside the mental event horizon. This latter possibility is what you must avoid, as no one who has ever moved beyond the mental event horizon has ever returned to sanity or rational thought.

What are the signs that you may be approaching this point of no return? The primary symptom of this impending doom is reading so much of FSTDT and affiliate sites that one begins to rationally consider the possibility that some of the posted subjects may in fact be onto something. If this creeping doubt that they are anything but batshit crazy enters your thought process, close your browser and delete your history immediately before seeking bleach, in order to purge your short-term memory and reverse the process.

Other safety measures include:

Avoiding any unnecessary contact with individuals who have already passed the event horizon.

Periodically refreshing one's self on basic logic and human psychological behavior.

Not reading FSTDT at night, while driving, operating heavy machinery, if you are pregnant, or may become pregnant.

Seeking medical attention for delusional revenge fantasies against stupid people lasting longer than four hours.

Please use FSTDT responsibly, and always remember: "Just Say You Aren't That Fucking Crazy"
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: March 28, 2012, 04:57:00 pm »

Dan Brown? Or Dan Black?
Pretty sure he's talking about Dan Brown, of Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons fame.

Unless I'm totally wrong.
While those were terrible, it was Deception Point that was more painful. Mainly because I forced myself to finish that one. Tried Da Vici Code afterward just to see if the other book was an abberation. When the british guy started babbling I got fed up with the stupid threw the book into a fire.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: March 28, 2012, 05:14:54 pm »

Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: March 28, 2012, 07:29:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sometimes the comments on that site are more offensive than the fundies! One of the recent posts was a legit (if rather dull-witted) question on why monkeys lack religion. The comments section immediately latched onto the dumbest thing that this poor person said and tore him to peices, despite being directly above another post of something much more volitile and stupid.

Sometimes, both sides of an argument are dumb as rocks.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: March 28, 2012, 07:41:51 pm »

Heh, yeah. I visited FSTDT once upon a time, but I was more often revolted by the people there than those they were mocking.

I remember one where an airplane pilot panicked when his plane was crashing, and he started praying. Cue hordes of people blaming the crash (or just the severity of it) on his religion, rather than, you know, the mechanical failure that actually caused it or the fact the dude was panicked and probably would've just curled up into a ball or something equally useless if he wasn't religious.

'Tis a silly place.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: March 28, 2012, 07:43:46 pm »

Oh, yes. The smug arrogance is just as funny as the ignorance.

/hypocritical

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: March 28, 2012, 07:51:39 pm »

While I admit that the comments can get rather heated on that site, sometimes a valid point is made. Other times the fundie involved did some horrible thing like drown a child to rid it of demons, and people wanna vent. And of course, there's the comments that should probably be submitted to the site.

It's a crazy place, fill with crazy people mocking the crazy. I love lurking there :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: March 28, 2012, 08:17:30 pm »

My mind likes to play "Worst case scenario" on the topics I think of.

Everytime I think about talking to someone about hypnosis, offering to do some hypnosis, or creating a topic on Bay12games about hypnosis... I start to think the world is about to end

My mind is all O_o

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: March 29, 2012, 06:21:07 pm »

There's a whole website devoted to this.... http://www.breadingcats.com/

This is why the world hates us. They're starving for food and we're wasting bread on cat heads.... As for the cat, he isn't smiling, he's plotting to kill you.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:24:10 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: March 29, 2012, 06:26:44 pm »

No... no damnit, you cook the roof rabbit before making a sandwich out of it. What are they teaching people nowadays when they can't even make a proper roof rabbit sandwich?

Also, that's not how you do sandwiches. I guess they could have been going for some vile corruption of french toast, though.

EDIT: Did you know, that when you mix A&W rootbeer and apple juice, it tastes *sip* like cough syrup? Gah!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 07:10:13 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: March 29, 2012, 10:31:11 pm »

I don't know Truean I've seen a whole website dedicated to the fact that Young Rabits look pissed off all the time and are cute.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: March 30, 2012, 12:35:00 am »

Okay so checked on the status of my book shipment and notice that it's reached my city early in the morning. Excellent right? Well right above the arrival scan I see this.

"Receiver requested temporary change of address. / The address has been corrected. The delivery has been rescheduled."

And now for some reason the package is on its way to a city an hour away and the delivery is estimated to arrive on Saturday. Wtf is going on here? For crying out loud the progress bar went backward. It might be worth noting that one of the books is a collection of HP Lovecraft's work.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: March 30, 2012, 12:51:21 am »

And now for some reason the package is on its way to a city an hour away and the delivery is estimated to arrive on Saturday. Wtf is going on here? For crying out loud the progress bar went backward. It might be worth noting that one of the books is a collection of HP Lovecraft's work.
Certain creatures from beyond are aware of your research.  They have redirected your book to a brainwashed human who will keep it safe.  Consider this a warning, mortal.
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 10983