Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4785 4786 [4787] 4788 4789 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13199555 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #71790 on: March 11, 2015, 10:59:24 pm »

The sad thread was apparently locked.

Over an argument about transgender apparently. Not sure if the OP of the thread is the one who locked it or Toady One.

Meanwhile, the transgender bathroom thing is fine, probably helped by that the topic is a really narrow one.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71791 on: March 11, 2015, 11:01:36 pm »

You don't have time to move out of the way, but you can twist/turn a bit so you don't take the full force. You are finding a weaker area in the not-perfectly-uniform AoE.
This explanation would work, for most characters, but then you have Rogue with his 2nd level Evasion ability, which does this:

"At 2nd level and higher, a rogue can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the rogue is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless rogue does not gain the benefit of evasion. "

A Rogue can avoid the attack completely due to "great agility". Not just take reduced damage by half, or by three-quarters - but avoid completely. Maybe it's because they know how to dodge into the 4th dimension.
._.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71792 on: March 11, 2015, 11:02:05 pm »

Vlynndar hasn't been around for years, so it's safe to assume that taking the subject to another thread is not the smart thing to do.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71793 on: March 11, 2015, 11:02:18 pm »

I honestly don't understand some people's view of those topics where if everyone isn't 100% politically correct and progressive they deem it as "trash".

It is often hard to approach things because you know what you are going to say is going to be hurtful or just flat out wrong... But you just need that extra bit of discussion to sort of come to grips with what it is you are missing.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71794 on: March 11, 2015, 11:05:46 pm »

The sad thread was apparently locked.

Over an argument about transgender apparently. Not sure if the OP of the thread is the one who locked it or Toady One.
Non-Toady locks usually are preceded by a post telling people to stop it and sometimes when it'll come back, Toady's locks appear and disappear like ninjas, sometimes followed with a post to regain our cool composure.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71795 on: March 11, 2015, 11:06:19 pm »

Vlynndar hasn't been around for years, so it's safe to assume that taking the subject to another thread is not the smart thing to do.

huh? I wasn't even involved in the sad thread thing and it's completely separate from the transgender bathroom one.

Oh dear...
I didn't mean to cause such a problem. :(
This was my WTF for today  :-\

It wasn't even your fault, from what I saw, it was an argument between two people that got heated.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:08:27 pm by smjjames »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #71796 on: March 11, 2015, 11:08:31 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:30:09 pm by penguinofhonor »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71797 on: March 11, 2015, 11:09:30 pm »

This would go in sad, but I gotta post this now.

Vlynndar's last post, ever, was "Give me some time."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71798 on: March 11, 2015, 11:12:54 pm »

huh? I wasn't even involved in the sad thread thing and it's completely separate from the transgender bathroom one.

He means taking the subject to this thread.

What does Vlynndar have to do with it? I think I remember a Vlynndar way back when.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71799 on: March 11, 2015, 11:13:51 pm »

Vlynndar is the OP of the sad thread, and he hasn't been on in years, so therefore he didn't lock the sad thread.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71800 on: March 11, 2015, 11:14:27 pm »

He means taking the subject to this thread.

What does Vlynndar have to do with it? I think I remember a Vlynndar way back when.
He exploded.
._.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71801 on: March 11, 2015, 11:15:14 pm »

Equally WTF and sad news, my great state of Idaho knows nothing about basic anatomy.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71802 on: March 11, 2015, 11:18:35 pm »

Equally WTF and sad news, my great state of Idaho knows nothing about basic anatomy.
I would have put that in the laugh thread. It's more funny than sad. Maybe it would have been sad if people had agreed with him, but they didn't.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #71803 on: March 11, 2015, 11:25:39 pm »

That's hilarious.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #71804 on: March 11, 2015, 11:33:37 pm »

We dont elect them for intelligence over here. We elect the ones that are easy to keep under control. :P

I have no idea how someone could grow to be that old without understanding simple anatomy.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 4785 4786 [4787] 4788 4789 ... 10984