Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4795 4796 [4797] 4798 4799 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13180981 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #71940 on: March 14, 2015, 12:26:33 am »

Well, how else would you eat a lemon? O.o
1. Roasted.
2. Raw red onion is god to burgersville.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71941 on: March 14, 2015, 04:03:54 am »

Certain MMO Clients and the password I used ages ago...
Then changing it only to find that it doesn't work when you try again, so you change it and so forth and so forth until I finally forget what the LATEST ONE IS!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71942 on: March 14, 2015, 04:50:45 am »

That's because Kick-Ass films are, by default, anti-comic-book-heroes movies. It's just a movie showing what realistically would happen if someone would try to be like a hero from comics in a real world. He/she would turn vigilante. It's pretty intelligent in a way, trying to fool you with that whole idea you are watching a superhero movie, but when shit gets real (both movies are full of examples, but let's take Kick-Ass 2 - brothel raid), then it's the moment when both the kids on the screen and people behind it realize shit just got real.

The over-the-top ridiculousness actually helps mask that, but if you take a few steps away, it does actually say a few things about vigilantism. It's fun.

But that's just, you know, imho.

If you'd like something a bit darker but in a same vein, I suggest Super. It's like Kick-Ass' brooding, strange uncle.
I get that, and the first movie was pretty good at it, but then everybody just continued as if nothing had happened and made random deep discussions that didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the movie.

I'm certain I also heard the tune of The History of The Soviet Union on Tetris A Theme playing during Mother Russias first fight scene.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71943 on: March 14, 2015, 05:22:41 am »

That's because Kick-Ass films are, by default, anti-comic-book-heroes movies. It's just a movie showing what realistically would happen if someone would try to be like a hero from comics in a real world. He/she would turn vigilante. It's pretty intelligent in a way, trying to fool you with that whole idea you are watching a superhero movie, but when shit gets real (both movies are full of examples, but let's take Kick-Ass 2 - brothel raid), then it's the moment when both the kids on the screen and people behind it realize shit just got real.

The over-the-top ridiculousness actually helps mask that, but if you take a few steps away, it does actually say a few things about vigilantism. It's fun.

But that's just, you know, imho.

If you'd like something a bit darker but in a same vein, I suggest Super. It's like Kick-Ass' brooding, strange uncle.
I get that, and the first movie was pretty good at it, but then everybody just continued as if nothing had happened and made random deep discussions that didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the movie.

I'm certain I also heard the tune of The History of The Soviet Union on Tetris A Theme playing during Mother Russias first fight scene.
That's because it's a rather well-known folk tune.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #71944 on: March 14, 2015, 06:17:48 am »

And the soundtrack to the original Tetris (or one if the first iterations?). Hence the Tetris theme :P
Love, scriver~

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #71945 on: March 14, 2015, 06:51:43 am »

Several T-shirts that fit me and nobody else have just... appeared in my clean clothes. And nobody got them for me O.o
They're multiplying! Quick, donate some of them to a charity before the shirtsplosion fills your house!
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71946 on: March 14, 2015, 07:51:58 am »

And the soundtrack to the original Tetris (or one if the first iterations?). Hence the Tetris theme :P
Huh. I knew that Tetris was Soviet in origin, but I never connected the dots. That actually makes a lot of sense.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71947 on: March 14, 2015, 07:56:43 am »

Where is that smiley that people post, with the comicaly sarcastic 'oh well' expression?  Kind of a who gives a toss face?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71948 on: March 14, 2015, 08:00:48 am »

Huh. I knew that Tetris was Soviet in origin, but I never connected the dots. That actually makes a lot of sense.

I think it's based on a Russian folk song called "Коробушка", Korobeiniki.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71949 on: March 14, 2015, 08:31:45 am »

Where is that smiley that people post, with the comicaly sarcastic 'oh well' expression?  Kind of a who gives a toss face?
The shrug one?
I find that vOv is a good approximation and much easier to type.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71950 on: March 14, 2015, 08:32:22 am »

::)
Do we have to spoonfeed you everything?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71951 on: March 14, 2015, 08:44:16 am »

Noo!  The one that looks like modified text!
  Its italicized and has sideways brackets for hands!

>:[
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #71952 on: March 14, 2015, 08:47:09 am »

Noo!  The one that looks like modified text!
  Its italicized and has sideways brackets for hands!

>:[

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No idea, sorry.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71953 on: March 14, 2015, 08:48:29 am »

Like that.  But swankier :P

Thanks.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71954 on: March 14, 2015, 09:57:32 am »

I think it's based on a Russian folk song called "Коробушка", Korobeiniki.
No need to think, you've got it right.

It's pretty great to run into that thing randomly. It's one of the bits of music bards play in nehrim :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 4795 4796 [4797] 4798 4799 ... 10983