Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4797 4798 [4799] 4800 4801 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13173703 times)

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #71970 on: March 14, 2015, 04:12:04 pm »

Is it really that strange?  Sometimes some people want to be WTFed but don’t have a WTF moment to share when they happen across this thread.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71971 on: March 14, 2015, 04:18:34 pm »

If that ever happened I'd probably WTF about not having any WTFs. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #71972 on: March 14, 2015, 04:19:08 pm »

Especially if said person is trying to spread their forum-horizons by ptwing in a few places at once.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71973 on: March 14, 2015, 04:20:16 pm »

And the soundtrack to the original Tetris (or one if the first iterations?). Hence the Tetris theme :P
Huh. I knew that Tetris was Soviet in origin, but I never connected the dots. That actually makes a lot of sense.

I think it's based on a Russian folk song called "Коробушка", Korobeiniki.
Meh, I've always preferred this one.
._.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #71974 on: March 14, 2015, 08:19:19 pm »

I was wrong, it was actually Cthulhu's nymph. To quote the ancients:

It didn't work.  There wasn't room to properly get my head down, there was no way I could create enough suction like that, I couldn't keep the water out once I had sucked it out, and the water smelled like a Sea Nymph had been masturbating in it.
When you mentioned masturbating sea nymphs, I thought it was a reference to the Feudalism thread, but this reminded me that I named Horny Sea Nymph Lake after this quote (which was in someone's sig at the time, I believe).
I remember that thread.
I was the least useful alchemist of all time, on account of doing exactly nothing once appointed. Good times.
Looking back, it seems people decided you were deemed a soapmaker, and, considering their usefulness in DF at the time, I'd say you did your job admirably.

Also, when looking through the thread, I noticed there were a lot of dead images. This is the latest version of the map I could find:
Spoiler: Reuploaded to Imgur (click to show/hide)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71975 on: March 14, 2015, 08:20:43 pm »

Why are they sea nymphs if they're in a lake?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #71976 on: March 14, 2015, 08:21:44 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71977 on: March 14, 2015, 08:30:03 pm »

I succeeded in screencapping a timestamp of "3/14/15 9:26:53". I had to duck out of the credits of the third Hobbit movie to catch it and that officially makes me the most pathetic person I know.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71978 on: March 14, 2015, 08:36:37 pm »

I succeeded in screencapping a timestamp of "3/14/15 9:26:53". I had to duck out of the credits of the third Hobbit movie to catch it and that officially makes me the most pathetic awesome person I know.
Let's be honest, here.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #71979 on: March 14, 2015, 08:39:08 pm »

Is it really that strange?  Sometimes some people want to be WTFed but don’t have a WTF moment to share when they happen across this thread.

ptwtf
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #71980 on: March 14, 2015, 08:42:47 pm »

That's because Kick-Ass films are, by default, anti-comic-book-heroes movies. It's just a movie showing what realistically would happen if someone would try to be like a hero from comics in a real world. He/she would turn vigilante. It's pretty intelligent in a way, trying to fool you with that whole idea you are watching a superhero movie, but when shit gets real (both movies are full of examples, but let's take Kick-Ass 2 - brothel raid), then it's the moment when both the kids on the screen and people behind it realize shit just got real.

The over-the-top ridiculousness actually helps mask that, but if you take a few steps away, it does actually say a few things about vigilantism. It's fun.

But that's just, you know, imho.

If you'd like something a bit darker but in a same vein, I suggest Super. It's like Kick-Ass' brooding, strange uncle.

or for something lighter, try Mystery Men
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71981 on: March 14, 2015, 08:43:00 pm »

... it's 14/3/2015 in most places tho...

On the other hand, I guess it is a sign of american superiority that they can have pi day while europe can't. Well, the states and Belize. And a few other, less important, places that use the correct format interchangeably, apparently.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #71982 on: March 14, 2015, 08:45:37 pm »

Looking back, it seems people decided you were deemed a soapmaker, and, considering their usefulness in DF at the time, I'd say you did your job admirably.

Also, when looking through the thread, I noticed there were a lot of dead images. This is the latest version of the map I could find:
IMG
I forgot how snazzy my town looked (Fortitude & Prudence).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:50:38 pm by Itnetlolor »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #71983 on: March 14, 2015, 08:47:34 pm »

March fourteenth is the entire reason we use this system. We have to be better than the Old World in every way possible. :P

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71984 on: March 14, 2015, 08:48:12 pm »

I forgot how snazzy my town looked (Fortitude & Prudence).
I forgot how shit my work was. And I think I've only got worse at that sorta thing over time  :P
Pages: 1 ... 4797 4798 [4799] 4800 4801 ... 10983