Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4798 4799 [4800] 4801 4802 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13129282 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #71985 on: March 14, 2015, 08:57:25 pm »

I succeeded in screencapping a timestamp of "3/14/15 9:26:53". I had to duck out of the credits of the third Hobbit movie to catch it and that officially makes me the most pathetic person I know.
But only because you're using the American dating system.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71986 on: March 14, 2015, 09:00:35 pm »

And Belize, darvi. And belize. And the philippines and saudi arabia and I guess canada, too
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71987 on: March 14, 2015, 09:04:06 pm »

Fucking hell. My browser began acting up, so I restarted it. When it came back, nearly 90% of my tabs have been cleared. The tabs were still up, but they had gone completely blank. This pisses me off quite a bit  >:(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #71988 on: March 14, 2015, 09:23:10 pm »

And Belize, darvi. And belize. And the philippines and saudi arabia and I guess canada, too
All countries that suck.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #71989 on: March 14, 2015, 09:29:34 pm »

I forgot how snazzy my town looked (Fortitude & Prudence).
I forgot how shit my work was. And I think I've only got worse at that sorta thing over time  :P
Most of it is kind of shit. That's what makes it so great. The total lack of proper perspective or scale makes it kind of like an actual medieval map.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71990 on: March 14, 2015, 09:36:07 pm »

I don't get European-supremacist circlejerquistas on that particular one. While 14/3/15 is logical (and best for computer purposes, which is why it's the ISO standard there) from the standpoint that it goes smallest to largest, 3/14/15 reflects how dates are normally pronounced in (American) English: March 14[th], [20]15. Conversely, I believe that in other parts of the Anglosphere it's more common to say "14[th of] March, [20]15" which fits with the European order of writing them.

Granted, neither option is exclusive to a particular area - for example, "4th of July" - but there's a trend. And yes, while Europeans bask in their STEM victory of getting their standard encoded in computers everywhere, they will never be able to experience the joy of Pi Day.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #71991 on: March 14, 2015, 09:37:04 pm »

All countries that suck.
but the philippines has tiruin! and canada, well, canada is everything.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #71992 on: March 14, 2015, 09:40:43 pm »

All countries that suck.
But Belize is indeed terrible.
Curse you, Belize! You shouldn't even exist!

:P
What is even a Belize.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #71993 on: March 14, 2015, 09:42:58 pm »

All countries that suck.
That chart is invalid, "warm canada" is a contradiction so blatant a blind man could see it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71994 on: March 14, 2015, 09:45:50 pm »

Friend got lots of shit over nothing today from his parents.

Why are some people shit for no reason?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #71995 on: March 14, 2015, 09:48:10 pm »

All countries that suck.
But Belize is indeed terrible.
Curse you, Belize! You shouldn't even exist!

:P
What is even a Belize.
It's where you go when you die. AKA Hell.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #71996 on: March 14, 2015, 09:56:06 pm »

All countries that suck.
That chart is invalid, "warm canada" is a contradiction so blatant a blind man could see it.
That's relatively speaking. It's just warmer than all the other Canadas. Though I wish Down Under Canada was instead Canada Down Under.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71997 on: March 14, 2015, 10:10:58 pm »

I don't get European-supremacist circlejerquistas on that particular one. While 14/3/15 is logical (and best for computer purposes, which is why it's the ISO standard there) from the standpoint that it goes smallest to largest, 3/14/15 reflects how dates are normally pronounced in (American) English: March 14[th], [20]15. Conversely, I believe that in other parts of the Anglosphere it's more common to say "14[th of] March, [20]15" which fits with the European order of writing them.

Granted, neither option is exclusive to a particular area - for example, "4th of July" - but there's a trend. And yes, while Europeans bask in their STEM victory of getting their standard encoded in computers everywhere, they will never be able to experience the joy of Pi Day.
All joking aside, D/M/Y is objectively superior. I picked it up after my first couple weeks in Europe nearly a year ago and am still finding myself using it accidentally on papers and forms in the U.S. because it flows that much easier. Don't even try to drag this into the whole STEM lulz circlejerk, either, because I'm about as far as you'll find from a party to that.

There's also no reason to attach the shorthand numerical notation to how it's spoken. There's no logical disconnect between 14/3/15 and March 14th, 2015 in writing or in speech, at least if you have basic reading comprehension skills sufficient to understand that, for example, "5mi2" parses as "five square miles".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71998 on: March 14, 2015, 10:13:27 pm »

...they will never be able to experience the joy of Pi Day.

31 April. 31/4/15.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71999 on: March 14, 2015, 10:14:54 pm »

31 April. 31/4/15.
Yeah, good luck with that.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 4798 4799 [4800] 4801 4802 ... 10979