Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5451 5452 [5453] 5454 5455 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13171436 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #81780 on: July 27, 2015, 05:48:26 pm »

Mammal penises are mostly contained within sleeves. Circumcision doesn't exist in the wild.
Question answered, back to handling these explosives.

veccie dear would probably get all up in this

It's so weird because liberal/feminists had a majority on this forum, and then bunches of them left because of the slim few holdout republicans or non...feminists... (not even sure what word) and now they are a minority.
I'm not sure how to handle it.

I mean, I usually deal with the feminism debate by shouting down both sides until they join me on the fence.
Speaking of which.

As a group, women have far greater problems than men.
Slightly doesn't even cover it, and is basically insulting.
The least you could do is acknowledge how terrible it is for women right now.
I mean, the amount of false negatives regarding rape cases in America would make you start castrating people on the street corner.
THAT BEING SAID.
'False Negative' is, I'd assume, an impossible term in the legal system, because jury of their peers and whatnot. Other than a signed confession after the court case, I think double jeopardy eliminates that as a term.
I dunno, Truean may have to help me out with that.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:56:52 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81781 on: July 27, 2015, 05:51:22 pm »

It has more to do with how many fights got started and how tired they got along with the banned people. As well quite a few vowed to stay away from the lower forums.

But I am not sure "Liberal Feminist" is an accurate term since that isn't a combination of Liberal and Feminist, it is its own beast.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81782 on: July 27, 2015, 05:55:04 pm »

Slashed it for ya.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #81783 on: July 27, 2015, 05:56:09 pm »

Feminism has diverged from its respectable core.

I accordingly label myself as a neo-political chivalrist y-chromosome MRA-opposing egalitarian seeking the rights of tin miners of all genders.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81784 on: July 27, 2015, 05:57:48 pm »

As a White Male I know that I am pretty much depicted as being part of a satanic hivemind that puts down all minorities, races, and religions in my non-stop goal of making everyone suck so that I am great.

And before you defend anything, I mean "In general" as in... if anyone brings up the fact that I am white or a male... for whatever reason or philosophy... I am pretty much that.

People pick up on this "Us against them" attitude and thus they get defensive. Even in issues someone agrees with you probably won't get more then a reluctant "yeah" before they shy off.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:59:59 pm by Neonivek »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81785 on: July 27, 2015, 05:59:04 pm »

Not this shit again.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81786 on: July 27, 2015, 05:59:46 pm »

I mean, the amount of false negatives regarding rape cases in America would make you start castrating people on the street corner.

I accordingly label myself as a neo-political chivalrist y-chromosome MRA-opposing egalitarian seeking the rights of tin miners of all genders.
If you're not supporting the coal miners then you can get right the fuck out.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #81787 on: July 27, 2015, 06:01:27 pm »

If you're not supporting the coal miners then you can get right the fuck out.

African tin miners have it hard. Honestly, most 3rd world miners have lives perhaps even our little dorfs may resent.

I also like that graph.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81788 on: July 27, 2015, 06:03:23 pm »

Not this shit again.

oh baby, precisely this shit again.

or you can y'know, actually produce content and divert conversation to it

i know i can't be fucked doing so

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #81789 on: July 27, 2015, 06:04:44 pm »

People inevitably get worked up and irrational over things in which they strongly hold belief when confronted with countering evidence (or even simply a person who thinks otherwise.)

Re: Religion and Politics in particular, with politics covering a wide range of things like birth control and the legal system. Also shows up a lot in Gaming, particularly on the internet.

Even I can fall into the over-emotional category at times, and I specifically try to avoid it.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #81790 on: July 27, 2015, 06:05:29 pm »

Can't we talk about something enlightening instead? For example: Do all animal penises have foreskins, or are there naturally circumcised ones?

The penises come in sheaths. :^) pls no ban

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81791 on: July 27, 2015, 06:05:58 pm »

I rarely get worked up without someone overreacting or attacking me to spur me on.

So I usually am quite comfortable in the early conversation before the crazies start joining in.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #81792 on: July 27, 2015, 06:10:17 pm »

I'm a Transhumanist, and such hope that we will soon be done with silly things like sex and gender and move on to the far more interesting horizons of living forever and building Dyson spheres and such.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81793 on: July 27, 2015, 06:13:17 pm »

I also like that graph.
It's from Brass Eye, a brilliant piece of television satirising the news at the time, written by comedy genius Chris Morris. It makes a good watch.
And the reactions at the time are pretty funny to read up on too. Some of the celebrities who got duped into looking like idiots got mad and tried to get the show pulled, and a whole bunch of people flipped their shit at the paedophilia episode, then admitted not watching it.

If he were to be making things on that scale today it's the kind of thing Tumblr would start hate mobs against.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #81794 on: July 27, 2015, 06:14:49 pm »

Power was out today for about three hours.
I'm a Transhumanist, and such hope that we will soon be done with silly things like sex and gender and move on to the far more interesting horizons of living forever and building Dyson spheres and such.
I think that's the first time I've heard somebody call a basic human function like reproduction "silly" and then seriously consider living forever. :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 5451 5452 [5453] 5454 5455 ... 10983