Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5452 5453 [5454] 5455 5456 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13166901 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #81795 on: July 27, 2015, 06:15:25 pm »

I'm a Transhumanist, and such hope that we will soon be done with silly things like sex and gender and move on to the far more interesting horizons of living forever and building Dyson spheres and such.
What would you then continue to live for though?

Not this shit again.

oh baby, precisely this shit again.

or you can y'know, actually produce content and divert conversation to it

i know i can't be fucked doing so
Innit cool being European, and letting all this sort of flow past you?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81796 on: July 27, 2015, 06:20:06 pm »

Not this shit again.

oh baby, precisely this shit again.

or you can y'know, actually produce content and divert conversation to it

i know i can't be fucked doing so
Innit cool being European, and letting all this sort of flow past you?

's bloody amazing that's what it is

leave the colonials to selfradicalize and laugh when they try to impose their lack of values on us, pip pip cheerio

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #81797 on: July 27, 2015, 06:21:40 pm »

I'm a Transhumanist, and such hope that we will soon be done with silly things like sex and gender and move on to the far more interesting horizons of living forever and building Dyson spheres and such.

Probably building aforementioned Dyson spheres and using them to blast holes in reality.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81798 on: July 27, 2015, 06:22:01 pm »

... More bigger Dyson spheres.
I rarely get worked up, So I usually am quite comfortable before the crazies start joining in.
This. On my side or others, too much passion ruins good arguments.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81799 on: July 27, 2015, 06:27:12 pm »

Oh boy this shit again :P
I think you might be joking?  But this is pretty much my ideal.  Sadly not everyone is an asexual who kinda hates the very concept of gender.
At least when it divides people, or defines people, or excludes people.  People seem to love it though, so maybe there's redeeming value I'm not seeing.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #81800 on: July 27, 2015, 06:30:26 pm »

As an asexual, I suppose you can only think of such things, but not feel them? Because what you said is rational, whereas sex (in both its meanings) isn't.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #81801 on: July 27, 2015, 06:30:52 pm »

I think you might be joking?  But this is pretty much my ideal.  Sadly not everyone is an asexual who kinda hates the very concept of gender.
At least when it divides people, or defines people, or excludes people.  People seem to love it though, so maybe there's redeeming value I'm not seeing.
Aye sexy time and division has gone hand in hand since cell division

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #81802 on: July 27, 2015, 06:31:47 pm »

As far as I'm concerned, both the far left and far right are both utterly bonkers and largely indistinguishable. Half the stuff modern feminists and SJWs spout seems to be paraphrasing Mien Kampf, and I never cease to be amazed by the hateful idiocy coming from the mouths of so-called Christians.

I don't care about your politics or identity bullshit. People are different and that's not a fucking crime. Now please let me go back to playing video games and shitposting on the internet in peace, kthnxbai.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #81803 on: July 27, 2015, 06:32:07 pm »

Nah, I agree with you. Gender is pretty much shit. And I dearly hope Sex will be made obsolete in my lifetime.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:34:09 pm by Egan_BW »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #81804 on: July 27, 2015, 06:33:40 pm »

Variety is the spice of life, though.

Without gender, there would be an awful lot less variety.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81805 on: July 27, 2015, 06:34:03 pm »

True transhumanism would allow for unlimited sex for fun, in my book :P

I mean, sure, we could do away with the need to actualy eat through enough advances in nanotechnology, while also making ourselves immortal and being able to manipulate our bodies in any way we see fit while also enhancing our awareness, thus making reproduction irrelevant to the survival and continued evolution of our species, but I could still see sex as a relevant source of recreation :v

inb4 humanity becomes the eldar
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81806 on: July 27, 2015, 06:34:39 pm »

Now please let me go back to playing video games and shitposting on the internet in peace, kthnxbai.
We were shitposting just fine without you thanks.

Also by definition anyone who is trying to impose their will on others is enacting right-wing attitudes, just saying.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81807 on: July 27, 2015, 06:34:58 pm »

Humanity has made lots of neat stuff. Video games, works of art, literature and other stuff. With a massively extended lifetime, I could read ALL the books, watch ALL the anime, play ALL the games. Given a few hundred years, I could even learn to draw properly and make nice art, a quality I have always envied. It would take quite a while to run out of interesting non-fucking things to do, if ever. Probably much longer then entropy would allow me to live for, even with uberscience removing my natural age cap. The social ramifications of this would be... interesting, to say the least. The generational gap would be real, assuming new transhumans are being produced at all[Which would sort of need to happen, because entropy].

Back on topic[And ironically, completely uninspired by the current discussion], I've just caught myself typing "they" instead of traditional gendered pronouns when I need to use the latter for an RP. Given that I very much doubt that singular they is accepted in academic circles just yet, this could be a problem in future schooling. My WTF here is that I've already managed to ingrain an entirely new brand of sentence structure on myself in only 4-5 months.

Aye sexy time and division has gone hand in hand since cell division

Assuming this discussion doesn't get nuked, I'm probably going to sig this.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #81808 on: July 27, 2015, 06:36:27 pm »

Talking about Sex in the identity sense rather then the action sense.
Far as I'm concerned, you can have as much of it as you want after we're done getting rid of it. :P

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81809 on: July 27, 2015, 06:36:56 pm »

Now please let me go back to playing video games and shitposting on the internet in peace, kthnxbai.
We were shitposting just fine without you thanks.

Also by definition anyone who is trying to impose their will on others is enacting right-wing attitudes, just saying.
Imposing their will on others is very much a thing both the radical right and radical left have done throughout history. The only real difference is the method and the excuses used to justify it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 5452 5453 [5454] 5455 5456 ... 10983