Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5578 5579 [5580] 5581 5582 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13145184 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #83685 on: August 20, 2015, 08:45:15 pm »

Seriously while I like Patreon for creators...

They seem to punish people for funding them because they have a very "I'll do this once" reward... and then after that is there, they don't push things into that slot, they have no reward for continued support.

Can't you revoke Patreon support for creators? Or is that after a period of time?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83686 on: August 20, 2015, 08:53:19 pm »

Seriously while I like Patreon for creators...

They seem to punish people for funding them because they have a very "I'll do this once" reward... and then after that is there, they don't push things into that slot, they have no reward for continued support.

Can't you revoke Patreon support for creators? Or is that after a period of time?

You can, and honestly the way it is set up... You are more rewarded for not funding them after they completed their reward.

Which bugs me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83687 on: August 20, 2015, 09:07:02 pm »

Is... isn't going into a patreon contribution thinking about how much you're going to be rewarded, like. The exact wrong sort of thought process? Reward's the creator in question being able to continue to create, not... something else.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83688 on: August 20, 2015, 09:12:31 pm »

Is... isn't going into a patreon contribution thinking about how much you're going to be rewarded, like. The exact wrong sort of thought process? Reward's the creator in question being able to continue to create, not... something else.

Which is why it bugs me

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83689 on: August 20, 2015, 09:16:12 pm »

I can't work out what the problem is here?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #83690 on: August 20, 2015, 09:28:32 pm »

It's either that Neonivek is suffering from cognitive dissonance, or that there is a reward for donating in the first place.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #83691 on: August 20, 2015, 09:35:18 pm »

I assume its the usual "is crowdfunding a donation or a purchase?" argument.  its a donation
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83692 on: August 20, 2015, 10:09:39 pm »

Not that that means that thecreator should be fine to just drop any obligations they've put on themselves.
Like DSP did recently. Not even apologetic about it either.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #83693 on: August 20, 2015, 10:13:47 pm »

Not that that means that thecreator should be fine to just drop any obligations they've put on themselves.
Like DSP did recently. Not even apologetic about it either.
DSP? DarkSidePhil?

I'm gonna need an acronym definition here.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83694 on: August 20, 2015, 10:15:29 pm »

Yes, him. He promised that patrons above a certain level would be involved in some of his Quality Kahntent™, then dropped the project after a bunch of that money had come in. If I had to guess he's broke again because he (and/or his daughtergirlfriendparasite) has the budgeting skills of a 7 year old child.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83695 on: August 20, 2015, 10:21:14 pm »

For me it is more that they set a milestone.

Lets say it was a food critic slash food exploration show.

And at a certain milestone they would have a Mexican restaurant take where they would visit 20 Mexican restaurants and show you the kind of stuff they have.

Then... They finish that milestone... but are still getting money... So they put the next topic "Burger joints" up for even more money... even though it takes as much effort as the Taco Joints.

It is the equivilant of someone saying they need money to build his house and needs funding for the wall... So you give him a thousand dollars a month to do so... But once he is done with one wall he says the next one costs 1000 dollars a month more... Then the third costs 1000 dollars a month more... then the fourth costs 1000 dollars more.

Then you go "How is that fourth wall 4000 dollars? It looks exactly the same as the other wall"

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #83696 on: August 20, 2015, 10:26:40 pm »

Yes, him. He promised that patrons above a certain level would be involved in some of his Quality Kahntent™, then dropped the project after a bunch of that money had come in. If I had to guess he's broke again because he (and/or his daughtergirlfriendparasite) has the budgeting skills of a 7 year old child.
Kek. He's an awful video game streamer. So bad the only enjoyment is at how awful it is. Who'd actually donate money to him? I'd expect him to not deliver.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83697 on: August 20, 2015, 10:31:48 pm »

I dunno DarkSidePhil is kind of hilariously inept at videogames.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #83698 on: August 20, 2015, 10:32:10 pm »

My video card is apparently too new for the software I explicitly bought it to run. This is a special kind of hell.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #83699 on: August 20, 2015, 10:33:29 pm »

I dunno DarkSidePhil is kind of hilariously inept at videogames.
That's what I'm saying. His content is so bad the only enjoyment is at how utterly bad he is. Like watching a trainwreck in super slow mo.

I don't find that entertaining, personally.
Pages: 1 ... 5578 5579 [5580] 5581 5582 ... 10980