Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5578 5579 [5580] 5581 5582 ... 9775

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5807676 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #83685 on: August 31, 2015, 11:10:49 am »

Asking something that most people probably never think about such as what your favorite word is probably just gives them more interesting essays to read, which is important when you've probably got to go through hundreds of them.

It also prevents the use of "canned" essays, because the applicant probably hasn't done an essay on the subject before, so they can't just dust it off, fix whatever they got dinged on last time, and submit it.

Somebody needs to work out  a way to undermine this.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83686 on: August 31, 2015, 01:25:03 pm »

Saw a trash bag sitting right on top of the train tracks. Not sure who would leave something like that right there. It sounded like it was full of cans. Didn't want a train to hit that, so I moved it. Not five minutes later, the train came.

Welp, there's my good deed for the day. So, what now, do I get to punch an orphan or something?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83687 on: August 31, 2015, 01:34:12 pm »

Saw a trash bag sitting right on top of the train tracks. Not sure who would leave something like that right there. It sounded like it was full of cans. Didn't want a train to hit that, so I moved it. Not five minutes later, the train came.

Welp, there's my good deed for the day. So, what now, do I get to punch an orphan or something?
Nah, you just absolved yourself of one fort.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #83688 on: August 31, 2015, 01:36:00 pm »

WHY? Why the sodding hell would they do that?

New Deus Ex game. Pre-order advert. Turns out, even if you do pre-order, you are missing out on content.

10/10 would boycott again.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:40:22 pm by Dutrius »
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83689 on: August 31, 2015, 01:38:13 pm »

New Dues Ex game. Pre-order advert. Turns out, even if you do pre-order, you are missing out on content.

Dues Ex.
Yup.
If that was a typo, it was a really good one.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #83690 on: August 31, 2015, 01:40:45 pm »

Sorry, I apparently can't spell.
Sig text

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83691 on: August 31, 2015, 01:41:47 pm »

Sorry, I apparently can't spell.
Bah.  You can spell just fine.  The marketers made a typo.
Sigtext

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Fireworks, or DIE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83692 on: August 31, 2015, 01:47:44 pm »

Asking something that most people probably never think about such as what your favorite word is probably just gives them more interesting essays to read, which is important when you've probably got to go through hundreds of them.

It also prevents the use of "canned" essays, because the applicant probably hasn't done an essay on the subject before, so they can't just dust it off, fix whatever they got dinged on last time, and submit it.

Easy! Stock essay about how you have no favourite words, as words are utilitarian, and defined by their usefulness in context...

Do I win all the college places yet?
This is a blank sig.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83693 on: August 31, 2015, 01:50:37 pm »

Easy! Stock essay about how you have no favourite words, as words are utilitarian, and defined by their usefulness in context...

Heh.
I'm so tempted to do this if it comes up.
Sigtext

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Fireworks, or DIE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83694 on: August 31, 2015, 01:52:40 pm »

Heh.
I'm so tempted to do this if it comes up.

If so, I demand to be used as a citation.
This is a blank sig.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83695 on: August 31, 2015, 02:03:58 pm »

New Dues Ex game. Pre-order advert. Turns out, even if you do pre-order, you are missing out on content.

Dues Ex.
Yup.
If that was a typo, it was a really good one.

So, how much to you actually have to shell out to actually get everything? Or is that, by design, impossible to do?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #83696 on: August 31, 2015, 02:04:35 pm »

Looks like it's impossible.
Sig text

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83697 on: August 31, 2015, 02:19:17 pm »

I have four unexplained games in my Steam library today. None of them have a free trial limit on them or any free trial announced. None of them are in any of my purchase history records, nor am I missing any money. They're just there. They're not bad games either.

But what the fuck.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #83698 on: August 31, 2015, 02:22:29 pm »

I have four unexplained games in my Steam library today. None of them have a free trial limit on them or any free trial announced. None of them are in any of my purchase history records, nor am I missing any money. They're just there. They're not bad games either.

But what the fuck.

You sure it's not a free-for-a-few-days thing? I have (had?) a few games like that in my library this morning, none of them bad.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Tu jee, veerey / Toofano se lad ke [Fight, brave one / Fight those internal storms and]
Tu jeet, veerey / Zakhmo se bhid kar bhi tu [Win, brave one / Weather those wounds and]
Firse uthega yaara [Rise once again]

Mel lives again! Fight monsters; fight crime; fight compound interest...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83699 on: August 31, 2015, 02:23:55 pm »

But what the fuck.

You sure it's not a free-for-a-few-days thing? I have (had?) a few games like that in my library this morning, none of them bad.
*boots up Steam*
Dang it.
Nothing.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 5578 5579 [5580] 5581 5582 ... 9775