Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5579 5580 [5581] 5582 5583 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13143222 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #83700 on: August 20, 2015, 10:35:36 pm »

He is kind of hit and miss... Sometimes he just gets too outright whiny for even ironic enjoyment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buUM916QRJk

This parody pretty much tells you everything you need to know about that guy.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #83701 on: August 20, 2015, 11:10:33 pm »

Twitch is a corporation, mate. They're already a person with rights, except when it benefits them to not be.
Like cyclists.  Are they pedestrian?  Are they a vehicle?  Its whichever one benefits them the most at the moment.
Grrr...
Can they at least be bothered to learn the laws that govern them, though?
No, they ride across the street to change sidewalks instead of doing the legal thing and getting off the bike before getting onto the crosswalk, then pushing it across. They don't count as a vehicle then, they count as a pedestrian, and in that specific instance of crossing the street it's illegal to ride it. But how many people a day do I see doing that? Counting the days where I don't leave the house, an average of 1. Not counting those days, closer to 20.
If you're going to be a pedestrian and ride on the sidewalks, get off your bike when crossing the street. If you're going to be a vehicle and ride on the street, get off the sidewalk/crosswalk! You're only allowed to ride your bike over a crosswalk if you're going in the direction the cars are going, not the people. You could run into someone and seriously injure them that way, or a car could come out of no-where and you'd get hurt a lot more than if you were walking! They'd have to surgically remove the bike from your legs, and nobody wants that. So stop riding on crosswalks and walk!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83702 on: August 20, 2015, 11:30:00 pm »

Twitch Plays Darksouls actually manage to escape the first part of the tutorial and get outdoors
They cheated by somehow introducing pausing mechanic (as in, they pause the game after every decision they make), essentially turning Dark Souls into a turn-based game. That's from what I see in the stream.

If they had to do it real-time, they would not have done it.
._.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #83703 on: August 20, 2015, 11:36:22 pm »

Also know that each time I argue with someone I have infinitely precise definition of things completely independent of what humans do use.
Someone just said this, in as-best-I-can-tell a sincere manner.
Wat.

Also, this same person has been arguing that in an SCP Foundation game, you can't use Foundation characters.
Why would that person say they have an infinitely precise definition of something, and not give that definition? Surely they understand that humans are not telepathic, and aren't receiving the psychic messages they're sending with their alien powers?

Also, the second one actually makes sense. It's a principle of the 'verse that there is no canon, and references to other things from it, such as other authors' characters, should be avoided as much as possible.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83704 on: August 20, 2015, 11:38:38 pm »

They cheated by somehow introducing pausing mechanic (as in, they pause the game after every decision they make), essentially turning Dark Souls into a turn-based game. That's from what I see in the stream.

... that's still pretty neat, though. Turn based 3D dark souls. That's kinda' cool. Fairly inventive way to make the stream workable, too... almost turns it into a collective tool-assisted run (which... I guess it already was, just... more like tool handicapped or somethin').
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83705 on: August 20, 2015, 11:46:22 pm »

Also know that each time I argue with someone I have infinitely precise definition of things completely independent of what humans do use.
Someone just said this, in as-best-I-can-tell a sincere manner.
Wat.

Also, this same person has been arguing that in an SCP Foundation game, you can't use Foundation characters.
Why would that person say they have an infinitely precise definition of something, and not give that definition? Surely they understand that humans are not telepathic, and aren't receiving the psychic messages they're sending with their alien powers?

Also, the second one actually makes sense. It's a principle of the 'verse that there is no canon, and references to other things from it, such as other authors' characters, should be avoided as much as possible.
I should clarify that this is not a Foundation-'sponsored' thing.  It's on a different forum.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #83706 on: August 20, 2015, 11:52:26 pm »

there really isn't a foundation-sponsored thing anyway afaik

bright has an in-character tumblr, is that counted as foundation sponsored? SCP-2137 was written by Max Landis, does this make American Ultra foundation-sponsored?

it's a bit of an odd case, heh

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83707 on: August 21, 2015, 12:01:30 am »

... that's still pretty neat, though. Turn based 3D dark souls. That's kinda' cool. Fairly inventive way to make the stream workable, too... almost turns it into a collective tool-assisted run (which... I guess it already was, just... more like tool handicapped or somethin').
The problem is that I didn't know it was even possible to pause Dark Souls. I thought it was the whole point that the game was unpausable? If it can be paused, then why the heck did I play it without pausing?

It would've made my life so easier, and amount of fun I've had much bigger, if I could just pause in the middle of a fight, to think about the best next move.
._.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #83708 on: August 21, 2015, 12:03:30 am »

Someone should make a Dark Souls Superhot hack.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83709 on: August 21, 2015, 12:06:23 am »

I don't think there's a native in-game means to pause, no, but there's almost certainly external means. I don't have the game to test it, but I conjectured a bit back somewhere or another that suspending the process (which process explorer, at least, can do pretty trivially) would be an easy(ish) way to pause the game while you're doing something else, assuming the game reacts well to the process. Binding a suspend command to a key or coding up a script of some sort to do the same wouldn't really be all that difficult to do, I don't think, and at that point it's just a matter of tying it in to the command input process.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83710 on: August 21, 2015, 12:38:10 am »

This goddamn moth. Just go away moth stop smacking me your wings hurt my eye goddamn my phone isn't even that bright gah.

Go die somewhere else you don't even deserve those wing scales. Kittens take you!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83711 on: August 21, 2015, 04:29:26 am »

-angry motorist rant-
You know that cyclists have to go on the road right? As in, it's the law.

You MUST NOT cycle on a pavement.
Laws HA 1835 sect 72 & R(S)A 1984, sect 129
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #83712 on: August 21, 2015, 04:42:14 am »

Not everywhere, not always. In Finland, for example, there is a traffic sign that marks a sidewalk where cycling is allowed:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There are probably similar signs in other countries.

One still has to dismount the bike and push it over crosswalks, though, and flabort complains about people breaking that rule.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 04:43:56 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83713 on: August 21, 2015, 04:44:18 am »

It's a stupid rule anyway - if the crosswalk's empty, why not cycle across? As long as I don't hurt anyone, it's actually beneficial because it minimizes the time the cars have to wait for me.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83714 on: August 21, 2015, 05:10:01 am »

The word "crosswalk" made me go WTF today. It's weird to me.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 5579 5580 [5581] 5582 5583 ... 10980