Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5582 5583 [5584] 5585 5586 ... 9779

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5811630 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • Not having personal text in currentyear
    • View Profile
    • Realtalk for a second
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #83745 on: September 01, 2015, 12:27:15 am »

Hey guys, I fucking hate movies. It's not really anything about the content, it's that I saw one once, and I can't stand the thought of watching actors doing things on a screen.

Cake
Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83746 on: September 01, 2015, 12:44:19 am »

but apparently you're pretty consistent on managing to dislike things that are so utterly inconsistent and broad that certain things within themselves are incomparable to each other?

They're actually pretty similar, dude. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83747 on: September 01, 2015, 12:44:57 am »

manga is rap

i'm actually going to reuse that

jay-z is my favorite mangaka guys

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #83748 on: September 01, 2015, 01:23:01 am »

but apparently you're pretty consistent on managing to dislike things that are so utterly inconsistent and broad that certain things within themselves are incomparable to each other?

JoJo is pretty similar to rap, right? Swings wildly between different settings while kinda maintaining a core idea behind it and also being amazingly weird?
Right?
Right?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83749 on: September 01, 2015, 02:01:01 am »

See, I don't really like rap but to say manga and rap are similar eclipses left field. The only similarity I can think of is that you profess not to like them. That's like saying Marilyn Manson and the color orange are similar because seeing them annoys you.

As for why I don't really like rap it is that the music and the lyrics generally aren't independent things that reinforce each other when together. The rap beat itself usually isn't engaging enough to me and I prefer my lyrics to be more heavy on the emotion than the story.
Performing oral sex is like thinking rationally: all humans are technically capable of doing so, but most can't do it well and few choose to do so on a daily basis.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83750 on: September 01, 2015, 02:07:00 am »

I actually meant to say, 'things categorized as anime/manga are pretty similar to each other'.
I should have worded that differently, and perhaps not chopped so much context out of that quote. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • Not having personal text in currentyear
    • View Profile
    • Realtalk for a second
« Reply #83751 on: September 01, 2015, 02:45:21 am »

manga is rap

i'm actually going to reuse that

jay-z is my favorite mangaka guys
Relevant.

Cake
Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83752 on: September 01, 2015, 04:12:31 am »

Not so much as WTF, but mixed feelings:

Today I'm called to a posse comitatus for the Finnish Defence Forces. Citizen's duty and all that, but I'm not really much of a militarist.
The (possibly) invading Russians won't ask you if you're a militarist or not :-X
._.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • WHERE'S YOUR MOTIVATION!!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83753 on: September 01, 2015, 04:38:22 am »

Had a genuine nightmare last night. The kind of insane, multi-chapter nightmare that persists over waking up several times, where each chapter still references the other.

I tell my cousin and she goes "Oh no, you had cheese nightmares!" (We had a big fancy cheese plate for dessert last night.)

Cheese nightmares. That shit is just cruel.
If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the Gods, and the nights will flame with fire.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying summertime and subtext
    • View Profile
« Reply #83754 on: September 01, 2015, 04:46:36 am »

Not so much as WTF, but mixed feelings:

Today I'm called to a posse comitatus for the Finnish Defence Forces. Citizen's duty and all that, but I'm not really much of a militarist.
The (possibly) invading Russians won't ask you if you're a militarist or not :-X
Just returned from the posse. They won't take an insomniac into the army, so they told me to get my life together and return in two years. I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed.
Raise the white flag and don't give up.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83755 on: September 01, 2015, 04:49:44 am »

My school has the worst computer security possibly ever. We used to be able to create our own passwords for our student accounts, and that worked fine. However, now the school is saying that our student passwords weren't 'secure' enough, so they gave us shiny new mandatory passwords who have the same system for every student. Want to know what the new 'secure' passwords are? It's your first and last initial followed by the year you were born, information that pretty much everyone in the school knows about everyone else. So not only did they give us one of the least secure passwords they could, they pretty much told us everyone's else's password too.

The best part is? According to student policy, anything anyone does under your account is your fault, whether or not it was you who was on your account. That's right, they gave everyone the password to other people's accounts, and if someone were to use an account that didn't belong to them to do something illegal, the account owner would get in trouble, not the person who actually did it.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83756 on: September 01, 2015, 05:33:25 am »

My school has the worst computer security possibly ever. We used to be able to create our own passwords for our student accounts, and that worked fine. However, now the school is saying that our student passwords weren't 'secure' enough, so they gave us shiny new mandatory passwords who have the same system for every student. Want to know what the new 'secure' passwords are? It's your first and last initial followed by the year you were born, information that pretty much everyone in the school knows about everyone else. So not only did they give us one of the least secure passwords they could, they pretty much told us everyone's else's password too.

The best part is? According to student policy, anything anyone does under your account is your fault, whether or not it was you who was on your account. That's right, they gave everyone the password to other people's accounts, and if someone were to use an account that didn't belong to them to do something illegal, the account owner would get in trouble, not the person who actually did it.
That is... not even something where you would have to make effort to find out what someone's password is. If you are in the same grade, you have two options for what the password would be. If you know when someone's birthday is, that is one option.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #83757 on: September 01, 2015, 05:35:47 am »

Because shrinking the range of possible passwords from "basically infinite" to "exactly one possibility per student" makes passwords MORE secure.

This is an example of why we need computer education from a young age in the school system, and also an example of the reason that such a thing will not happen for a long, long time.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying summertime and subtext
    • View Profile
« Reply #83758 on: September 01, 2015, 05:41:06 am »

Wait, can't you now access the principal's account? You ought to not do anything malicious with it, but you could definitely use it to prove a point on how insecure the system is.

Or did they decide that only students should have absolutely zero IT security?
Raise the white flag and don't give up.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83759 on: September 01, 2015, 05:47:10 am »

Wait, can't you now access the principal's account? You ought to not do anything malicious with it, but you could definitely use it to prove a point on how insecure the system is.

Or did they decide that only students should have absolutely zero IT security?

I don't know if the same rule applies to faculty members.
Pages: 1 ... 5582 5583 [5584] 5585 5586 ... 9779