Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5598 5599 [5600] 5601 5602 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13185183 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #83985 on: August 25, 2015, 12:43:46 am »

i am in the possession of a cat

this kills the mosquitos

* LordSlowpoke equips cat

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83986 on: August 25, 2015, 12:53:08 am »

Hmmm... My cats seem to be unable to kill mosquitoes effectively. Everything else chitinous, sure. Maybe they're broken.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #83987 on: August 25, 2015, 02:33:43 am »

I've been dicking around setting up a dosbox frontend to make playing stuff a little simpler...

Wow my collection looks more skewed than I remember. Though admittedly I'm not done yet.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #83988 on: August 25, 2015, 04:33:00 am »

I crashed Unity. Happens once or twice a session while editing very large and complex scenes with trees, terrain, particles, realtime lights, etc... except the scene I was editing only had some cubes and a directional light. And rotating that light somehow managed to crash Unity so hard that it didn't even bring up the post-crash bug report submission form.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #83989 on: August 25, 2015, 05:01:58 am »

Huh, Unity never actually crashes for me apart from when I try to run a while block.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83990 on: August 25, 2015, 05:17:49 am »

I always find it odd when in "stone soup" settings where someone can just casually destroy the earth.

Why aren't there like... just as powerful beings that can prevent earth's destruction? Why do people leave it so open?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83991 on: August 25, 2015, 05:33:58 am »

Well, I just now got the meaning of the "stone soup" settings. I didn't understand it until having to think about it just now.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #83992 on: August 25, 2015, 05:46:46 am »

why would you say you understand without explaining

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83993 on: August 25, 2015, 05:50:04 am »

Hmmm... My cats seem to be unable to kill mosquitoes effectively. Everything else chitinous, sure. Maybe they're broken.
Our cat does well against those giant mosquitoes that occasionally fly in. Others - no dice. Too lazy.
._.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83994 on: August 25, 2015, 06:16:32 am »

I thought everyone else did and I was just a bit thick.

The "Stone Soup" is a reference to the fable where a traveller visits a town and, after being refused food, puts a rock in a big pot of water, claiming to make a soup, then says to one of the townspeople that it would be even better with some extra ingredients. So the townspeople bring over onions and potatoes and whathaveyou and end up making a very good soup that has a rock in it. And then everyone shares and it's pretty great.
TL;DR: Tricking people into sharing with each other because they're selfish idiots.

It's relevant to the forum game because ultimately it's the players who provide the setting, rather than the GM.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83995 on: August 25, 2015, 06:20:57 am »

I thought everyone else did and I was just a bit thick.

The "Stone Soup" is a reference to the fable where a traveller visits a town and, after being refused food, puts a rock in a big pot of water, claiming to make a soup, then says to one of the townspeople that it would be even better with some extra ingredients. So the townspeople bring over onions and potatoes and whathaveyou and end up making a very good soup that has a rock in it. And then everyone shares and it's pretty great.
TL;DR: Tricking people into sharing with each other because they're selfish idiots.

It's relevant to the forum game because ultimately it's the players who provide the setting, rather than the GM.
Huh, I remember there being a very similar "fable" around here. Difference being that it was a soldier instead of traveller, and an axe instead of rock. There is a "Soup from an axe" reference, too.
._.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83996 on: August 25, 2015, 07:05:48 am »

I vaguely remember reading a story about a witch and a girl making a soup with a rock in it. No idea what the point was. I think the girl died from eating the rock, though. Maybe the moral was supposed to be "don't eat rocks"?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83997 on: August 25, 2015, 07:09:59 am »

Nah, if there was a witch in it the moral was "Burn the witch." Or otherwise kill, anyway. That's always the moral of witch stories, that the witch must die and you must kill it. Otherwise rocksoup murders and crazy junk like that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83998 on: August 25, 2015, 07:12:10 am »

What about the Oscar Wilde one where the guy cuts off his shadow? The witches in that were actually pretty cool. Apart from where the guy they eventually invited to their party BECAUSE HE WANTED A FAVOUR starts praying to Jesus and makes them all freak out because they're allergic or whatever.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83999 on: August 25, 2015, 07:30:54 am »

Even if its someone else's grotto, you gotta be careful who you invite to parties :(
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 5598 5599 [5600] 5601 5602 ... 10983