Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5605 5606 [5607] 5608 5609 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13188743 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #84090 on: August 27, 2015, 02:26:37 am »

I didn't either.
I technically never graduated myself, I got equivalancy though. And Olwga just dropped out herself.
But... how... why...

[ETHIC:FAILING_TO_FINISH_HIGH_SCHOOL:UNTHINKABLE]
I failed my final exams, and didn't feel like re-doing a year.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #84091 on: August 27, 2015, 02:34:57 am »

But... how... why...

In my case, Ill blame unmedicated mental illness. Olwga just gave up since it seemed like a pointless exercise past a point.

High school isn't all that important anymore in the states anyway, all it really gears you for is working in a factory.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84092 on: August 27, 2015, 02:37:40 am »

But... how... why...

In my case, Ill blame unmedicated mental illness. Olwga just gave up since it seemed like a pointless exercise past a point.

High school isn't all that important anymore in the states anyway, all it really gears you for is working in a factory.

And most factories are outsourced any way. Or am I mistaken?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #84093 on: August 27, 2015, 02:42:57 am »

I failed the second year of highschool once, and then the third year twice (though to be fair, the first time around I was repeating a bunch of second-year stuff). After that I said "screw it" and went to a university that offered entry-level courses.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 02:44:36 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #84094 on: August 27, 2015, 03:12:19 am »

I technically never graduated myself, I got equivalancy though. And Olwga just dropped out herself.
*fistbump*

Technically graduated highschool -- got the diploma and whatnot -- but I spent the last semester or two teaching myself the last half of senior year over at the local adult school, which I transferred over to ("drop over" instead of out). Best few months I had during the whole lower education period, heh. Was good, high school was a half step from driving me completely and literally insane.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #84095 on: August 27, 2015, 03:16:58 am »

I don't even want to imagine Floridian high school. It must be like visiting another very hormonal and annoying planet.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84096 on: August 27, 2015, 03:23:22 am »

Eh, I failed high school.
Ended up getting my equivalency somewhere halfway through doing my pre-med degree.

Because that's a thing.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #84097 on: August 27, 2015, 03:25:15 am »

I'm not gonna bother getting my GE-thinger. NEET life 5 ever.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #84098 on: August 27, 2015, 03:35:31 am »

I don't even want to imagine Floridian high school. It must be like visiting another very hormonal and annoying planet.
Oddly enough, most of the students weren't really that bad (well, relative to the massively bigoted passive background noise of the area), and by and large the teachers were at worst somewhat incompetent. Racial tension was even fairly muted compared to the general area. School in question was kinda' just the right size to not really fuck things up too badly (well, overtly. There was some behind the scene stuff that had its issues, but that was mostly off-campus and ignorable.), really. Was mostly just the structure of things and some of the content that was screwing with me, but it was doing a damn good job of that.

... now, some of the other schools in the state. Well, there's a few horror stories lurking in my memory. Shit gets pretty bad.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #84099 on: August 27, 2015, 06:13:31 am »

Apparently the city is on high alert today with a bunch of police and special police milling about the place. From what I've heard it's because we have a potentialy dangerous mujahed running about the place or something.

It's part terrifying and part confusing because holy crap why are we sliding back into the 90's again what is wrong with these people.

Edit:

Or he's apparently a regular dangerous criminal maybe? It's really unclear.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:27:58 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #84100 on: August 27, 2015, 07:12:26 am »

I never actually graduated high school and I still to this day get the odd envelope/email begging me to apply for this or that college. A lot of them are from Iowa. Colleges in Iowa started sending me mail when I first started freshman year there, if I recall. They're tenacious bastards.
Hell yeah, we are. And it fucks everybody over who isn't in administration (which gets first pickings of tuition money and benefits disproportionately from automation) because bloated class sizes make it hard for professors to teach, hard for departments to manage, hard for staff to keep up maintenance and stuff, and hard for students to fit into classes and get housing. But we gotta keep pushing those record enrollment numbers! Because these people never heard of a Malthusian catastrophe and don't understand the concept of carrying capacity, particularly when they're unwilling and/or unable to shell out to fix those problems.

At least our football programs tend to be net income producers (which is incredibly rare), because our general area is so uninteresting that there's nothing better to get excited about.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84101 on: August 27, 2015, 11:03:19 am »

Somehow, I got to reading this: http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/ashley-madison-why-women-cheat/

Cause I was looking up what this whole Ashley Madison thing is that arstechnica kept pushing articles out on.

The most common complaint was a lack of passion and effort by the man in their current relationship. It makes sense. When a man begins dating a woman, he puts in tons of effort; he woos her. Once she’s “his,” he stops putting in that effort, but she still longs for it. She wants to be desired, seduced, and connected with on a regular basis. So many men seem to be missing the boat. They start strong, having a decent sense of how to capture a woman at the beginning, but upon entering a relationship they are unprepared for the long haul and investment a successful relationship demands past the dating phase. The situation starts to reek of complacency and satisfaction in mediocrity.

This lil paragraph jumped out to me.  This will be me, if I ever do get together with anyone.  I'll stop trying after hitting my goal post.  I'll find something else to be interested in.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #84102 on: August 27, 2015, 11:36:13 am »

How exactly do you drown a fish?
You tickle it like a cheeky koi then eat it like a cheeky nandos

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84103 on: August 27, 2015, 12:25:31 pm »

Somehow, I got to reading this: http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/ashley-madison-why-women-cheat/

Cause I was looking up what this whole Ashley Madison thing is that arstechnica kept pushing articles out on.

The most common complaint was a lack of passion and effort by the man in their current relationship. It makes sense. When a man begins dating a woman, he puts in tons of effort; he woos her. Once she’s “his,” he stops putting in that effort, but she still longs for it. She wants to be desired, seduced, and connected with on a regular basis. So many men seem to be missing the boat. They start strong, having a decent sense of how to capture a woman at the beginning, but upon entering a relationship they are unprepared for the long haul and investment a successful relationship demands past the dating phase. The situation starts to reek of complacency and satisfaction in mediocrity.

This lil paragraph jumped out to me.  This will be me, if I ever do get together with anyone.  I'll stop trying after hitting my goal post.  I'll find something else to be interested in.
Wanna know something interesting?

There was only like... at most, 10 thousand actual, active human women on that website. Out of the five million reported, and out of the 37 million accounts.

So that's 32 million 'cheating' men, talking to at-most 10k women.

Yeeeeah.

source: http://gizmodo.com/almost-none-of-the-women-in-the-ashley-madison-database-1725558944
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84104 on: August 27, 2015, 12:38:32 pm »

I hope the people who leaked that stuff are caught.
I really do not understand what would drive them to do that, unless they were personally involved, suspecting their own partner of cheating or something. And even then, leaking it all was a very scummy thing to do.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 5605 5606 [5607] 5608 5609 ... 10983