Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5606 5607 [5608] 5609 5610 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13186885 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #84105 on: August 27, 2015, 12:51:52 pm »

but yoink, you don't understand

someone has got to blow that whistle

* Sergarr blows a whistle
._.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84106 on: August 27, 2015, 12:55:22 pm »

I hope the people who leaked that stuff are caught.
I really do not understand what would drive them to do that, unless they were personally involved, suspecting their own partner of cheating or something. And even then, leaking it all was a very scummy thing to do.
I'm guessing you haven't seen many discussion about cheating? People get...I don't even know what to call it. Hateful? Bloodthirsty? Whatever you call it, there's an unimaginable quantity of vitriol, of sheer and utter hatred. At least on the internet. People will deny principles they otherwise find sacred just to find a way to cause some sort of harm and get some sort of revenge.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84107 on: August 27, 2015, 01:01:39 pm »

I just don't understand why people hold relationships up as some all-important part of life, and then turn around and attack anyone who tries to have a discrete affair whilst keeping their relationship intact. And then every opinion I see/hear seems to take the side of the hackers.
Dafuq.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84108 on: August 27, 2015, 01:08:34 pm »

and then turn around and attack anyone who tries to have a discrete affair whilst keeping their relationship intact

I think one shouldn't do that, but I wouldn't mind much if one of my friends did this - I certainly would not squeal.
As soon as it's more than physical though... you're in deep shit.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #84109 on: August 27, 2015, 01:09:57 pm »

I just don't understand why people hold relationships up as some all-important part of life, and then turn around and attack anyone who tries to have a discrete affair whilst keeping their relationship intact. And then every opinion I see/hear seems to take the side of the hackers.
Dafuq.
Why wouldn't you take the side of the hackers? You know they're doing good when edgy fedoras are taking the side of feminists. Reason why people who betray trust get so much flak is because it is a betrayal of trust, unless you're in an open relationship it is what it is. It doesn't get any better or worse depending on how well you try to hide inequity, what matters is how and what you've involved yourself in.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84110 on: August 27, 2015, 01:11:30 pm »

Dafuq.
Marriage/Significant Other is a hyped up social tradition in the modern world where there are expectations that are implied, wherein people act according to those expectations and expect the other to also abide by them.

That feeling of betrayal from the one person you decided to share your life with.
Them feels bro.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #84111 on: August 27, 2015, 01:29:27 pm »

Dafuq.
It's because the people who have an affair are forsworn, as it were. They swore vows to one another, then broke them. It's also a religious thing - what God put together, let no lusty man tear apart.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #84112 on: August 27, 2015, 01:32:37 pm »

Dafuq.
It's because the people who have an affair are forsworn, as it were. They swore vows to one another, then broke them.

Probably this.

Exams start again tomorrow. Today was study leave. Still doesn't feel like exams are starting.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84113 on: August 27, 2015, 04:34:36 pm »

Has anyone here heard of fleshmancy, outside of the forum game about it?
One wheel short of a wagon

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84114 on: August 27, 2015, 04:35:38 pm »

Has anyone here heard of fleshmancy, outside of the forum game about it?

Presumably fleshmancy would be divining the future from flesh instead of from the dead. Not entirely sure how that would work.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84115 on: August 27, 2015, 04:37:14 pm »

The body as a magical aspect is a thing that's been done before, but not in exactly those words as far as I've had the opportunity to read.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84116 on: August 27, 2015, 04:41:48 pm »

Yeah, it seems to be a variant on that, Like China Mieville's ReMaking, not an actual word coined by an author or game or anything. Thanks.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84117 on: August 27, 2015, 04:45:59 pm »

My friend's RP game had me as a mage of flesh. That was interesting.

I saved a guy's life by turning his arm skeletal (the spells kept the bare minimum of stuff to keep things functioning, so he could still move it etc.), and outran a giant monster by stripping my upper body of flesh and pumping it all into my legs.
That sounds cool.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #84118 on: August 27, 2015, 04:46:55 pm »

Dreadmor has fleshsmithing, if you're just looking for word matchup. Depending on what the hell it means in this particular case, various sorts of biothaumaturgy isn't even remotely a rare concept in fantasy (and sci-fi, as per stuff like Dune). Google says the word itself is definitely in use in other places, for what that's worth.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84119 on: August 27, 2015, 04:48:27 pm »

Google seemed to suggest that it was something people said, not in a book, though.

Oh, and obviously it's not a very original concept.

Thanks guys!
Pages: 1 ... 5606 5607 [5608] 5609 5610 ... 10983