Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5630 5631 [5632] 5633 5634 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13167541 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #84465 on: September 02, 2015, 02:11:11 pm »

... yeah, I've pulled off to let lackwits that failed high school physics and wouldn't know inertia if it rammed the person ahead of them to death pass a few times. It can be a lot safer, what with the whole laws of physics and objects in motion thing.

Please don't be the person that demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of basic physics and how they react to fast moving heavy objects in the future ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84466 on: September 02, 2015, 02:49:33 pm »

Well, yea... if the person in front decides to deaccelerate in an unanticipated way, we gonna have problems.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84467 on: September 02, 2015, 03:33:32 pm »

I think generally fault in an accident is assigned to the person behind.  For... more or less valid reasons.
(Though obviously that gets abused, which I think is the original purpose of dashcams)

But just something to keep in mind while following something close.  It's one thing if traffic is heavy and slow, but at speed?  I do kinda hate it when people get too close.  Particularly at night.
Uh, when driving.  Cars.  Is what I meant.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84468 on: September 02, 2015, 04:06:08 pm »

Yea, its hard to resist when the person in front is slowing down(naturally due to the curve at highway exit).    Legally, I'd be up the creek if something were to actually happen in that situation.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84469 on: September 02, 2015, 04:15:39 pm »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84470 on: September 02, 2015, 04:25:22 pm »

Seems like a bad idea for a credit card.
Beckett says he did not request the design and was surprised when he received the card.
Ahahaha oh wow

Edit:
Anti-Semitic incidents are uncommon, though the country has banned slaughtering animals under kosher procedures, meaning kosher meat must be imported.
Wait, what
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #84471 on: September 02, 2015, 04:45:19 pm »

They probably banned some specific part of kosher procedures...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84472 on: September 02, 2015, 04:53:15 pm »

Probably mandate animals must be stunned before slaughter, which AFAIK is against kosher practices.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84473 on: September 02, 2015, 04:55:00 pm »

It seems pretty complex, of course, but as far as I can tell Norway banned exsanguination without stunning.
And apparently that makes kosher slaughter impossible??
Well, to clarify, "stunning" generally means a bolt into the head.  Like in No Country For Old Men.
Though Muslim groups often accept "temporary stunning" such as by electrocution (I had no idea they had a similar requirement??)

This is all beyond me.
And firefox apparently doesn't know the word "exsanguination".  Kinda wtf, it's an important word...
She/they

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #84474 on: September 02, 2015, 05:06:51 pm »

Probably mandate animals must be stunned before slaughter, which AFAIK is against kosher practices.

How come? I doubt it was a deliberately anti-semitic thing and the only other reason I can think of reeks of the kind of twisted thinking behind the dystopia in that one Star Trek episode
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84475 on: September 02, 2015, 05:10:24 pm »

Because they want animals to be humanely slaughtered, so they mandate they must be stunned before slaughter -> kosher slaughter is now indirectly illegal.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #84476 on: September 02, 2015, 05:16:25 pm »

I attempted to research stunning only to discover that, apparently, in the US cattle blood is fed to calves because its cheaper than milk.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84477 on: September 02, 2015, 05:18:59 pm »

Hooray for progress! It's just a shame they still allow it to be imported.

I attempted to research stunning only to discover that, apparently, in the US cattle blood is fed to calves because its cheaper than milk.
Good gods. O.o
That's... pretty fucking horrifying. I don't know much about Mad Cow Disease, but isn't that the kind of thing that spreads it?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84478 on: September 02, 2015, 05:20:50 pm »

Mad cow disease is more transferred through meat and particualrly brain matter. Blood is unlikely, anymore than you'd get kuru through blood transfusions.

And hey, somethings gotta be done with it. Waste not, want not, and all that.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #84479 on: September 02, 2015, 05:34:49 pm »

Mad cow disease is more transferred through meat and particualrly brain matter. Blood is unlikely, anymore than you'd get kuru through blood transfusions.

And hey, somethings gotta be done with it. Waste not, want not, and all that.

'fucked up but efficient' is one of the parts of the american spirit one cant help but revere

Pages: 1 ... 5630 5631 [5632] 5633 5634 ... 10983