Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5634 5635 [5636] 5637 5638 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13002483 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #84525 on: September 03, 2015, 01:11:18 am »

While we're shoving the chunks of Europe that Europe rubbed off onto N. America when they last hugged, can we tell the Pacific Plate to take Oregon, Washington, and California back? We don't want them anymore.
But why? D:

Frumple: Portland is a city of more than half a million people. Plus some absolutely amazing scenery. Worth keeping for that alone.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84526 on: September 03, 2015, 01:12:32 am »

Because Idaho was beachfront property until those jerks rammed into the side of the continent. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #84527 on: September 03, 2015, 02:08:03 am »

I'm happy to take any chunks of land you want to get rid of.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #84528 on: September 03, 2015, 02:20:37 am »

I'm happy to take any chunks of land you want to get rid of.
Sure. You can start by licking my boots clean. I'm not going to do anything with the land that's got stuck on them.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #84529 on: September 03, 2015, 02:38:21 am »

Wait, this seems like the opposite of what I was after.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #84530 on: September 03, 2015, 03:53:03 am »

Realizing that my current project was totally out of my league (Cinematic 3D point-and-click adventure game? Sounds like a job for a single amateur hobbyist!), I decided to take a break from Unity altogether and start working on a Game Maker game.

I realize now why brutal one-screen platformers (Super Meat Boy & clones) are so popular; it's very intuitive to design levels for them. If you design levels by their individual elements rather than as a whole scene at a time, designing individual blocks and then building a level out of those, it's a lot easier than if you start from the other direction (get an idea for a level, then build that from scratch). I already have eight playable levels after a few days, whereas weeks of work on my previous game got me no farther than a single scene and a whole bunch of frustration.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84531 on: September 03, 2015, 05:19:30 am »

Ok rewatching Living Witness from Voyager

and I have to kind of say... The "Fake" version of the Voyager conflict was kind of more neutral then the "real" version.

I mean... Sure the Ambassador started all of it, but he seemed more like someone who was acting on greed and hatred who made a deal with the devil who paid him back in spades to such a degree that even he was disgusted... with the story ending with him also being a victim, of him gaining what he asked for with such bloodshed that he has to live with genocide.

I am actually kind of surprised the "Fake" version wasn't used as a sort of lesson about equality and peace... Given that at face value that is exactly what it is about.

But I guess it is just the politics behind it rather then the face value.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #84532 on: September 03, 2015, 05:57:15 am »

Realizing that my current project was totally out of my league (Cinematic 3D point-and-click adventure game? Sounds like a job for a single amateur hobbyist!), I decided to take a break from Unity altogether and start working on a Game Maker game.

I realize now why brutal one-screen platformers (Super Meat Boy & clones) are so popular; it's very intuitive to design levels for them. If you design levels by their individual elements rather than as a whole scene at a time, designing individual blocks and then building a level out of those, it's a lot easier than if you start from the other direction (get an idea for a level, then build that from scratch). I already have eight playable levels after a few days, whereas weeks of work on my previous game got me no farther than a single scene and a whole bunch of frustration.
What sort of maker are you useing? I want to go into a game design career but I can't code yet?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84533 on: September 03, 2015, 10:24:28 am »

What sort of maker are you useing? I want to go into a game design career but I can't code yet?
Game Maker, natch. He even says so :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84534 on: September 03, 2015, 10:31:32 am »

Game Maker, natch. He even says so :P
I ment WHAT game maker

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84535 on: September 03, 2015, 10:35:15 am »

While we're shoving the chunks of Europe that Europe rubbed off onto N. America when they last hugged, can we tell the Pacific Plate to take Oregon, Washington, and California back? We don't want them anymore.
But why? D:

Frumple: Portland is a city of more than half a million people. Plus some absolutely amazing scenery. Worth keeping for that alone.

Plus if Washington were to float off to the pacific, it could several months of delay for the next DF release.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #84536 on: September 03, 2015, 10:43:59 am »

I ment WHAT game maker
And here we have an example of why paying attention to capitalization is important.

Game Maker is the name of the game maker in question. That's why people were capitalizing it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84537 on: September 03, 2015, 10:50:46 am »

That's a....very straightforward name...... :-[ :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #84538 on: September 03, 2015, 11:09:05 am »

You can have the carolinas. Whole tri-state area, really, at least including the florida panhandle. You'll choke on 'em, so have fun :V
AHEM.

I'll have you know that geologically, the Carolinas are a remnant of the African plate, not Europe.  :P

Also, if we're getting into obscure historical revanchism, in the Royal Charter of 1665 "Carolina" was defined as everything from 36deg 30' N to 30deg 30' N, frm the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific.
And once MSH and I perfect our laser squid battalion, IT WILL AGAIN.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 11:19:23 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84539 on: September 03, 2015, 11:25:14 am »

As ah North Cahrolinan, ah suppohrt this nohtion.
Ahnd naht just becauhse lasers.  But ah do wahnt a laser.

Mint julep eh waht
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 5634 5635 [5636] 5637 5638 ... 10974