Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5635 5636 [5637] 5638 5639 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13167522 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #84540 on: September 03, 2015, 11:31:22 am »

I just realized that if I miss a day of YouTube, it creates a backlog anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours long. And that's just the subscribers where I watch every single video (Markiplier, Game Grumps, Retsupurae and Extra Credits).
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #84541 on: September 03, 2015, 12:03:27 pm »

You can have the carolinas. Whole tri-state area, really, at least including the florida panhandle. You'll choke on 'em, so have fun :V
AHEM.

I'll have you know that geologically, the Carolinas are a remnant of the African plate, not Europe.  :P

Oy oy, we don't want another round of colonisation. Stay where you are, please! :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #84542 on: September 03, 2015, 12:21:30 pm »

I just realized that if I miss a day of YouTube, it creates a backlog anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours long. And that's just the subscribers where I watch every single video (Markiplier, Game Grumps, Retsupurae and Extra Credits).
Unless someone is holding a gun against your head, you don't actually have to watch every single video of all your subscriptions. It's entertainment for your free time, and sometimes one just doesn't have enough free time.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84543 on: September 03, 2015, 01:03:22 pm »

Indeed. Simply looking at their channel without watching anything seems to reset the counter...eventually.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #84544 on: September 03, 2015, 01:10:39 pm »

Unless someone is holding a gun against your head, you don't actually have to watch every single video of all your subscriptions. It's entertainment for your free time, and sometimes one just doesn't have enough free time.

But... except for Extra Credits, they're all sequential. While it doesn't really matter if whether or not I watch them in order or miss a few, it bugs me if I don't.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #84545 on: September 03, 2015, 01:12:32 pm »

Look at it this way, for every movie you get behind now, that's one more thing you have to do over weekends/breaks before you reach that "bored" stage. You are essentially stockpiling entertainment for those boring moments!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84546 on: September 03, 2015, 01:34:46 pm »

The amount of entertainment options out there increases every single day.  Meanwhile, you have a fixed amount of free time every day and that will never change.  You're falling further and further behind in your backlog and you'll never be able to do anything about it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84547 on: September 03, 2015, 01:36:07 pm »

The amount of entertainment options out there increases every single day.  Meanwhile, you have a fixed amount of free time every day and that will never change.  You're falling further and further behind in your backlog and you'll never be able to do anything about it.

If  you have a long term job, yes.
One wheel short of a wagon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #84548 on: September 03, 2015, 01:57:37 pm »

No, pretty much regardless. New material's being made faster than a person can consume it. You could spend every hour of every day, without food, sleep, or pause, reading, watching, listening, etc., and still fall behind. A single person's just not capable of keeping up with the collective output of seven billion and growing.

Frankly, is one of the best things the internet and what computers have brought about. A person physically can not run out of interesting things to peruse. That's pretty great, t'me.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84549 on: September 03, 2015, 02:00:28 pm »

There's still a disbalance between time and current interest. What if there are no updated topics, but I have 1 minute to kill and can't find that short a surrealist comedy youtube sketch?

First world life is hard, guys.
One wheel short of a wagon

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84550 on: September 03, 2015, 02:16:32 pm »

First world life is hard, guys.
If it's so hard just beat it son.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84551 on: September 03, 2015, 02:17:52 pm »

just migrate to the zeroth world if you don't like the first so much

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #84552 on: September 03, 2015, 02:28:05 pm »

Frankly, is one of the best things the internet and what computers have brought about. A person physically can not run out of interesting things to peruse. That's pretty great, t'me.
I'd argue that just because the total amount of media is increasing faster than one person can consume does not necessarily mean that the total amount of interesting media is, because what a person considers to be "interesting" can be arbitrarily limited.

For example if I was only interested in sensationalist white-focused speeches by KKK members who were formerly WWII Nazi members, I could probably consume media at a much faster rate than what is being produced, and would eventually run out of new media to peruse. Or I might be interested in, specifically, "shonen anime with fairly complex characters and plot, with a strictly defined power ruleset, that is expected to last longer than 8 episodes but is currently shorter than 200 episodes". In such a case I might find it very possible that I am indeed consuming media much faster than it is being created, making "running out" a totally viable concern.

Estimation gets even more complicated when we consider that the average person is not always "in the mood" for any particular piece of media; I might enjoy reading about new developments of space travel, but that doesn't mean I'd consider them interesting when I'm really in the mood for an anime. And then is even further complicated by the fact that many forms of media require some cost to access, be that in time or money, meaning you don't necessarily have access to everything.

Just because seven billion people can create more total content than I can physically consume, does not imply that they can create more content that I both want to consume and have access to at a cost low enough to make its consumption worthwhile.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84553 on: September 03, 2015, 02:32:09 pm »

I'd argue that just because the total amount of media is increasing faster than one person can consume does not necessarily mean that the total amount of interesting media is, because what a person considers to be "interesting" can be arbitrarily limited.

For example if I was only interested in sensationalist white-focused speeches by KKK members who were formerly WWII Nazi members, I could probably consume media at a much faster rate than what is being produced, and would eventually run out of new media to peruse. Or I might be interested in, specifically, "shonen anime with fairly complex characters and plot, with a strictly defined power ruleset, that is expected to last longer than 8 episodes but is currently shorter than 200 episodes". In such a case I might find it very possible that I am indeed consuming media much faster than it is being created, making "running out" a totally viable concern.

Estimation gets even more complicated when we consider that the average person is not always "in the mood" for any particular piece of media; I might enjoy reading about new developments of space travel, but that doesn't mean I'd consider them interesting when I'm really in the mood for an anime. And then is even further complicated by the fact that many forms of media require some cost to access, be that in time or money, meaning you don't necessarily have access to everything.

Just because seven billion people can create more total content than I can physically consume, does not imply that they can create more content that I both want to consume and have access to at a cost low enough to make its consumption worthwhile.
Yeah, this just about covers what I would have said.
Total Content != Content You Want To Watch Right Now != Content You CAN Watch Right Now (paywalls, etc.)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #84554 on: September 03, 2015, 02:42:12 pm »

Don't blame reality for you being picky :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 5635 5636 [5637] 5638 5639 ... 10983