Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5637 5638 [5639] 5640 5641 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13171597 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #84570 on: September 03, 2015, 05:53:38 pm »

Yeah fuck brain cells kids don't need those

You can't regenerate or reattach braincells when you're over 5 which is totally definitely the cause of alcohol based degeneration, so why not have fun while you can?

It is, or so our  aussie tour guide who has lived there for 4 years at least claimed, pretty popular and publically accepted, not much like alcopops, I think. Can any Germans clarify?
Actually turns out brain growth lasts longer than we used to think (and I used to think it was more like 18, not 5...)
About 25 or so, probably, maybe http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-24173194
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84571 on: September 03, 2015, 06:29:01 pm »

Relevant wtf: I am in Germany right now, and apparently, they have a "children's beer", a type of beer designed for the younger market with green and red fruit flavouring and colouring to get kids to drink it, which none of the adults like, presumably as it has way too much sugar in it.
'Children' is the wrong word here, methinks. 'Teenagers' is more like it: Those who are too young for liquor, too young for a properly refined taste; those who just want to get shitfaced and do not yet have the tolerance to make such an endeavor unfeasible with just beer.

Yeah, those drinks are shit, but causing a moral panic over them is completely unnecessary. The kids will grow out of that phase eventually.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84572 on: September 03, 2015, 06:32:13 pm »

You mean alcopops? I don't think anyone likes them. They're just... there.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84573 on: September 03, 2015, 06:33:04 pm »

My school bought a restaurant style electronic billboard to advertise themselves.

They canceled the senior trip for lack of funds.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84574 on: September 03, 2015, 06:34:14 pm »

Relevant wtf: I am in Germany right now, and apparently, they have a "children's beer", a type of beer designed for the younger market with green and red fruit flavouring and colouring to get kids to drink it, which none of the adults like, presumably as it has way too much sugar in it.
'Children' is the wrong word here, methinks. 'Teenagers' is more like it: Those who are too young for liquor, too young for a properly refined taste; those who just want to get shitfaced and do not yet have the tolerance to make such an endeavor unfeasible with just beer.

Yeah, those drinks are shit, but causing a moral panic over them is completely unnecessary. The kids will grow out of that phase eventually.

Quote from: Most of Bay12
BUT ALCOHOL IS TEH EVULS!!!11!! >:( >:( >:(

My school bought a restaurant style electronic billboard to advertise themselves.

...Jeez.
I guess, maybe they've been making a loss for some time and the billboard was a last-ditch effort to try and pull themselves out of the slump, but still... are you a senior?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84575 on: September 03, 2015, 06:35:52 pm »

...Jeez.
I guess, maybe they've been making a loss for some time and the billboard was a last-ditch effort to try and pull themselves out of the slump, but still... are you a senior?
Yup.

This is on top of the whole "secure" password shenanigans I posted about earlier.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84576 on: September 03, 2015, 06:36:32 pm »

Shshshsh, Yoink, do not proselytize. They must see the light with their own eyes, taste the hops with their own buds, metabolize the ethanol with their own livers. We cannot lead, we can only guide and gently encourage.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #84577 on: September 03, 2015, 06:41:27 pm »

So here's a WTF for you. You guys know Radler 'beers' right? When some brilliant bloke decided to mix perfectly fine beer with juice to create a diluted, fruity tasting abomination. Well, recently I've been seeing ads for Radler Natural or whatever it's called. Which is alcohol free radler. I'm not sure why don't they just y'know, call it fucking juice since that's what it is at this point, juice in a fucking beer bottle.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84578 on: September 03, 2015, 06:47:07 pm »

Ah, ok, thanks. Must have misunderstood the guide, as usual Australians are to blame here.

Spellchecking that for glariig errors amd slurs was kinda embarassing, given the subject mattér. I hate tablet keyboards.
One wheel short of a wagon

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #84579 on: September 03, 2015, 07:12:00 pm »

They don't get drunk at 15 that's when they quit drinking

Also I don't understand the vodkas hate, you just need more radishes

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84580 on: September 03, 2015, 07:12:54 pm »

The drinking is to keep the moslems away. Eventually there will be a cloud of ethanol vapour over the islands so thick that it would be haraam to even be here.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #84581 on: September 03, 2015, 07:16:18 pm »

Grak in times like this everyone is pagan, London is the city where Jews eat bacon and Muslims imbibe wicked toxins for truly it is squalid freedom of the halal it variety
Also I stock up on cheap Ramadan grape drank and popcorn every time the time for fasting ends

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84582 on: September 03, 2015, 07:17:41 pm »

Yup.

This is on top of the whole "secure" password shenanigans I posted about earlier.
Dang. That stinks.
If you're really down about missing out on the trip, I could always source you a couple tabs of acid... :P

Also I don't understand the vodkas hate, you just need more radishes
I gotta say, vodka's gotta be one of my least favourite spirits. Probably second only to rum. At least it doesn't make me hurl.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84583 on: September 03, 2015, 07:22:45 pm »

Vodka is actually my favorite alcohol.
Non-liquors aren't very good alcohol. The amount of drinking to be drunk off beer is way too much. Wine is too slow for me to know when to stop, shit gets knocked over.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #84584 on: September 03, 2015, 07:24:25 pm »

I gotta say, vodka's gotta be one of my least favourite spirits. Probably second only to rum. At least it doesn't make me hurl.
What's rum ever done to you? Vodkas and rum never hurt too many anybodies
Pages: 1 ... 5637 5638 [5639] 5640 5641 ... 10983