Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5679 5680 [5681] 5682 5683 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13140407 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #85201 on: September 09, 2015, 06:23:18 pm »

That's a good start, but I think we'd want the requirements to be a little less strict so Toady has a few options to choose from. Maybe something like 12500+ posts, 150+ hours online, and at least 50 topics created?

I'm looking for low post-count people, as those with a high count are ones that could more easily fall into the more dangerous side of community moderators.

As for options, here's another: Maronna.  Never heard of the person?  Don't blame you, they've never posted.  They have the fifth highest time online at (449d 12h 50m).

I think we can all agree only one person can truly be community mod

Why the hell do you think I would be any good at that role?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #85203 on: September 09, 2015, 06:24:49 pm »

IT WAS ALL A RUSE

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #85204 on: September 09, 2015, 06:25:05 pm »

He's been angling for that role every time we discuss moderators.
*She
... I knew that.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #85205 on: September 09, 2015, 06:30:02 pm »

I think anyone skewed in a specific direction will be a bad option, but that's why I chose multiple standards. The person needs to be thoroughly invested in a variety of ways. I don't see why high post count in particular should be avoided, though. A high post count person could be cliquey, but a high time online person could be even cliquier and just sends PMs instead of posting publicly.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85206 on: September 09, 2015, 06:30:18 pm »

... I see what you did there, PoH :V
He's been angling for that role every time we discuss moderators.
I'm still not sure if it's genuine on PoH's part or just a deliciously subtle running joke.

That said, I don't disagree with it being nice in theory to give Toady more time to do things that aren't moderating, but that requires there being multiple viable candidates who wouldn't abuse their powers, otherwise you'd likely end up with a worse situation where moderation is less consistent and Toady loses more time because of having to investigate complaints about unfair and inconsistent moderation. Obviously he's the only one who knows how many reports he gets per day, but we usually don't see more than one ban every 2-4 weeks, and major thread cleanings maybe slightly more frequently.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #85207 on: September 09, 2015, 06:34:10 pm »

See, you've pulled that a couple times now so I clicked and when it showed me went 'Ah. Did it again, I see.'
Join the ruse bolton

I think anyone skewed in a specific direction will be a bad option, but that's why I chose multiple standards. The person needs to be thoroughly invested in a variety of ways. I don't see why high post count in particular should be avoided, though. A high post count person could be cliquey, but a high time online person could be even cliquier and just sends PMs instead of posting publicly.
What about commods who deal with spambots and shock flooding, whilst greyer disputes get Toady'd? Then if commods works out with spambots, ease into community self-regulation?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #85209 on: September 09, 2015, 06:37:22 pm »

You see, the best way the community can help moderate, is for each of us to moderate ourselves. Ban the bastard if you have to, even.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85210 on: September 09, 2015, 06:38:32 pm »

USER BANNED HIMSELF FOR THIS POST
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:44:28 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85211 on: September 09, 2015, 06:43:27 pm »

That font looks too big. Or maybe it isn't, i dunno.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85212 on: September 09, 2015, 06:46:21 pm »

For a second I thought he was actually going "Make PG a mod," then I realized LW does that "link to profile" thing a lot.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85213 on: September 09, 2015, 06:59:22 pm »

I think we can all agree only one person can truly be community mod
wat

[insert dank laughing meme]
Wait what...? oh hell I was afraid it would come off that way.
No, no, even if that was actually offered (I know you're joking) no.
I think I'd be pretty good but there's no way I'm devoting that much time to this.  Which yes is a valid issue with finding moderators :P
Also Id have to stop drunking get

... Maybe if there were 6 other moderators :P  The power of 7.

... Also you totally got me, wow that's clever.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #85214 on: September 09, 2015, 07:04:27 pm »

the roose is loose
Pages: 1 ... 5679 5680 [5681] 5682 5683 ... 10980