Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5683 5684 [5685] 5686 5687 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13183641 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #85260 on: September 09, 2015, 11:14:33 pm »

I'm kind of scared to imagine what the "giraffe" button does.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #85261 on: September 09, 2015, 11:19:47 pm »

Why does the thing need a battery-powered stylus? Know what didn't need a fucking battery in the stylus?

Oh I remember those.  If I recall correctly my fifth grade class had a bunch of those.  I think we actually picked one of those up as well.

And as for the apple stylus, you aren't paying $99 dollars for a stylus.  You are paying $1 for everything that went into the stylus and $98 for the Apple logo on it.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85262 on: September 09, 2015, 11:20:10 pm »

It was a Tetris/Space Invaders-esque game intended to teach people how to write in the script that the Palm Pilot could recognize and transcribe. Basically you had to write out the letters and numbers properly before they fell to the bottom of the screen.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85263 on: September 09, 2015, 11:21:32 pm »

I've got this nervous tic/gesture of respect/acknowledgement thing where I sort of do a half nod and push my glasses up by the bridge. I do this a LOT. Recently, I've starting pushing them up by gripping the frame around one lens on both ends with two fingers. I'm fairly certain I started doing this around the time The Fool got their new avatar, who is doing a similar glasses gesture. My WTF is that seeing a picture from a forumite I don't know very well made me change a gesture thing I've been doing unchanged for literally years.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85264 on: September 09, 2015, 11:23:12 pm »

...it's not a goddamned pencil it's a stylus, even though materials and assembly aren't that expensive R&D is a thing. Targeted at pros, 99 isn't that bad to cover R&D costs.
Its Apple. At best, its overdesigned and covered it blinding-white coloring for no apparent reason, then sold expensively because it works with iOS. At worst its literally a brand on a stylus, where the stylus is worth maybe half a dollar to make and the brand adds whatever they can get away with.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85265 on: September 09, 2015, 11:23:25 pm »

It was a Tetris/Space Invaders-esque game intended to teach people how to write in the script that the Palm Pilot could recognize and transcribe. Basically you had to write out the letters and numbers properly before they fell to the bottom of the screen.
I'm gonna go on pretending that it's a panic button that summons a superpowered cyborg giraffe to your location to save the day.
I'd rather live in a world where that's a real thing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #85266 on: September 09, 2015, 11:25:07 pm »

My iPad stylus doesn't need a battery.

Apple please. You're charging $99 for a stylus which had been beaten years ago by other companies.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #85267 on: September 09, 2015, 11:33:02 pm »

Please do not quote: Thank You.

Applied for job. Told they hired somebody "just yesterday" the minute they saw me.

They're legally required to have the posting listed for at least a month with that kind of government job (much like public auctions). It was up for almost 2 weeks.... I know nobody else applied except me and this one person.... I highly suspect cronyism, and other lovely things. The ... good ...? news is that in this key level position, the other person is going to fall flat on their face and screw up everything, so they'll be hiring for it again in about a year. The bad news is that this key level position will have  a screw up person in it that will hose all the citizens / taxpayers and whoever takes over the job in a year will have to put out this flaming dumpster fire, assuming they haven't screwed it up beyond repair.

"We were in a rush to fill this position." Really? You were in a rush to fill a director level position dealing with sensitive information, technical skill, people skills and a 5 page job description...?  ???

Yakety Sax called, and said he wants his bit back.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85268 on: September 09, 2015, 11:35:02 pm »

Sigh.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85269 on: September 09, 2015, 11:37:58 pm »

I'm gonna go on pretending that it's a panic button that summons a superpowered cyborg giraffe to your location to save the day.
I'd rather live in a world where that's a real thing.
Come on.  This was the 90's, it's clearly a llama.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85270 on: September 10, 2015, 12:06:04 am »

I just realized I missed my 4-year anniversary with Bay12. Uh. That's not that impressive, but..four years is a while. Can I start calling people "Sonny" now?

The only reason anybody recognizes me is still the awesome dancing BM avatar, of course. Oh, and the huge number of stillborn SGs.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #85271 on: September 10, 2015, 02:02:29 am »

I just realized I missed my 4-year anniversary with Bay12. Uh. That's not that impressive, but..four years is a while. Can I start calling people "Sonny" now?

The only reason anybody recognizes me is still the awesome dancing BM avatar, of course. Oh, and the huge number of stillborn SGs.
You should start insulting people and talk about how Bay12 was much better back in the days.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #85272 on: September 10, 2015, 02:15:37 am »

You should start insulting people and talk about how Bay12 was much better back in the days.
You young whippersnappers! Back when I joined Bay12 posters knew how to respect those who had been around on the forum longer than them!

:P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85273 on: September 10, 2015, 02:29:19 am »

But then I came and become the Arch-villain of ALL bay12! Mwahahahaaa!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #85274 on: September 10, 2015, 04:54:08 am »

There was a guy at this bus stop for a while who looked disconcertingly like an Indian version of Leonardo DiCaprio.

And apparently the airtime vending machines here use regular AA batteries. Weird.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 5683 5684 [5685] 5686 5687 ... 10983