Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5687 5688 [5689] 5690 5691 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997970 times)

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #85320 on: September 10, 2015, 04:08:48 pm »

It's a word republicans don't know the meaning of.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85321 on: September 10, 2015, 04:09:01 pm »

No, he has both hands. Needs them to carry all that luggage.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85322 on: September 10, 2015, 04:09:44 pm »

Theres a lot of those, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85323 on: September 10, 2015, 04:15:52 pm »

Theres a lot of those, though.
Lets' refrain from listing them or we'll be here all week.

"Patriotism" would be a good starter, though, given how Prescott Bush was part of an attempted right-wing coup that was never punished and still got a son and grandson into the White House.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #85324 on: September 10, 2015, 04:17:13 pm »

That's why I haven't switched yet.

Is there anywhere else that's comparable to /b/ but runs off of the kind of forum software used here
Lmao, unironically going to /b/? That's something only edgy thirteen year olds do afaik

/b/ is literally a containment board for people who don't understand 4chan

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #85325 on: September 10, 2015, 04:19:08 pm »

No, he has both hands. Needs them to carry all that luggage.
Luggage lad going strong for the best kinds of worst

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #85326 on: September 10, 2015, 04:22:25 pm »

I'm guessing you don't like Voat?

Never heard of it till now. Looking at it though it seems to have format and site design issues just as bad as 4chan or worse. I like the idea behind it though.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85327 on: September 10, 2015, 04:24:03 pm »

Plenty of places, but they tend to implode and die in fairly short order.

More seriously, if you're feeling like that, the appropriate thing to do is not to discuss it here, but just go. Maybe go ask on /b/ if there's anywhere online that's like it but uses different forum software.
You callin Gunner-chan inappropriate? :P

If you're looking to discuss current events and things, something anonymous like 4chan or threaded like Reddit is better than this type of forum.  This type is both hard to navigate, and breeds name-recognition and shouting down of dissenting opinions.  Yes, even more so than Reddit ::)

If you're just looking to shoot the breeze about stuff that doesn't matter, I doubt you're going to find a good replacement.

Of course /b/ is randumb and /pol/ is thoroughly infested with nonsense.  I'd stick to Reddit or /tg/.  *Everything* is related to tabletop roleplaying.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #85328 on: September 10, 2015, 04:26:07 pm »

That's why I haven't switched yet.

Is there anywhere else that's comparable to /b/ but runs off of the kind of forum software used here
Lmao, unironically going to /b/? That's something only edgy thirteen year olds do afaik

/b/ is literally a containment board for people who don't understand 4chan
I usually stick around /tg/, /a/, and /int/, though /int/ and /tg/ are the only civil places, and int only occasionally.

TeeGee is good though for finding out facts about D&D you will never use in any rational game, like how many spiders can fit in a drow vagina, or what the DC check for crawling up a dragons bum is (80, IIRC).
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #85329 on: September 10, 2015, 04:28:48 pm »

Plenty of places, but they tend to implode and die in fairly short order.

More seriously, if you're feeling like that, the appropriate thing to do is not to discuss it here, but just go. Maybe go ask on /b/ if there's anywhere online that's like it but uses different forum software.
You callin Gunner-chan inappropriate? :P

If you're looking to discuss current events and things, something anonymous like 4chan or threaded like Reddit is better than this type of forum.  This type is both hard to navigate, and breeds name-recognition and shouting down of dissenting opinions.

The other two are way worse to navigate. They're a complete mess. And if I wanted to go to a Reddit style mess I'd go to Voat before I'd go to Reddit.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #85330 on: September 10, 2015, 04:29:18 pm »

If you're looking to discuss current events and things, something anonymous like 4chan or threaded like Reddit is better than this type of forum.  This type is both hard to navigate, and breeds name-recognition and shouting down of dissenting opinions.  Yes, even more so than Reddit ::)
NO IT'S NOT AS BAD AS REDDIT STOP HAVING THAT OPINION

If you're just looking to shoot the breeze about stuff that doesn't matter, I doubt you're going to find a good replacement.
Of course /b/ is randumb and /pol/ is thoroughly infested with nonsense.  I'd stick to Reddit or /tg/.  *Everything* is related to tabletop roleplaying.
/b/ is just stale and /pol/ is actually just moot by himself doing it for free, whilst /tg/ is kill

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85331 on: September 10, 2015, 04:31:17 pm »

NO IT'S NOT AS BAD AS REDDIT STOP HAVING THAT OPINION
HAVE SOME GOLD
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85332 on: September 10, 2015, 04:48:33 pm »

I find it interesting that quite often there is no such thing as a bad character or bad story premise... Just a character who hasn't been implemented well.

Often I find when people just say something is a bad premise of a story they are just confining their minds to a very limited set of reasoning. When in fact simply changing perspectives can make it quite amazing.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #85333 on: September 10, 2015, 04:50:28 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #85334 on: September 10, 2015, 04:52:37 pm »

Bad character. Bad story premise.
Because I'm not a masochist, please tell me what the premise is so I don't have to read it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 5687 5688 [5689] 5690 5691 ... 10973