Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5736 5737 [5738] 5739 5740 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13189466 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #86055 on: September 18, 2015, 09:26:54 pm »

...what the shit is age of mythology and what could possibly convince me to waste money on it?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86056 on: September 18, 2015, 09:30:43 pm »

It's probably the best thing built on the Age of Empires engine, imo, featuring fairly old-school RTS action with standard AoE units plus mythological creatures -- you know, hydras, valkyries, laser crocodiles, gods smiting things from on-high, giant titans in the expansion, that sort of thing. Fairly differentiated factions, plenty of neat stuff, all the goodies AoE brings to the table... it's just one of the better quality RTS games made, even being over a decade old. Highly recommended, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #86057 on: September 18, 2015, 09:34:04 pm »

Also really nice campaigns and there is surprising amounts of hidden lore and trivia inside all the units
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86058 on: September 18, 2015, 09:35:17 pm »

That's part of the goodies AoE brings to the table :P

But yeah, the single player experience was pretty incredibly solid, too, especially for its time, and still damned decent today.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86059 on: September 18, 2015, 09:36:30 pm »

Ow ow ow ow
So my favorite cheese is pepperjack, I love the combination of spicy and dairy right?  Like curry or cheesy meat dishes.

But I go to a different grocery store yesterday and can't find any pepperjack.  Instead I see something called "hot habernero" from Cabot.  "Eh probably about the same, and I've been wanting something a bit spicier anyway.

fucking ow
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #86060 on: September 18, 2015, 09:39:33 pm »

I go to a different grocery store yesterday and can't find any pepperjack.  Instead I see something called "hot habernero" from Cabot.  "Eh probably about the same, and I've been wanting something a bit spicier anyway.

fucking ow
I know.
Bad thing I don't tolerate ANY type of spicy food and eventually burn my tongue off due to the effects of spicy food.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #86061 on: September 18, 2015, 09:40:19 pm »

Many modern forms of Christianity bear a closer affinity to the Pharisees than to the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth
Blame the Catholics for that
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #86062 on: September 18, 2015, 10:25:18 pm »

AGE OF MYTHOLOGY IS GETTING A CHINESE EXPANSION.
Isn't that game something like a decade old? Possibly older than that?

Postal 2 recently got an expansion as well and that game's more than a decade old and isn't the most recent game in it's series (In fact, the expansion retcons the more recent game as having been just a bad dream)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #86063 on: September 18, 2015, 10:29:48 pm »

Many modern forms of Christianity bear a closer affinity to the Pharisees than to the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth
Blame the Catholics for that

If you mean what I think you mean I think that was more to do with the Roman government's co-option of the church than with the church proper. If not, if you mean Catholicism in modern and historically recent times I'd say that the American protestant right (and, if we go back a bit farther, also the Church of England) are worse in this regard
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86064 on: September 19, 2015, 03:22:45 am »

Watching "Over the Garden Wall" and so far I am quite impressed.  Though this is probably the only time I have ever felt like a piece of fiction could have been improved if it was a bit darker. It always ALMOST hits that fairytale children nightmare adventure vibe but it always kind of backs out of it... To the extent where "It is dark, but not that dark" is actually an ongoing joke, in that whenever something normally bad would happen... it just wouldn't. Don't get me wrong on paper the show is incredibly dark, but it is all in its presentation.

It never really serves fiction to ever go half in so to speak.

I guess ultimately... I wanted to like it more then I actually ended up doing so.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:58:22 am by Neonivek »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #86065 on: September 19, 2015, 06:48:44 am »

Ow ow ow ow
So my favorite cheese is pepperjack, I love the combination of spicy and dairy right?  Like curry or cheesy meat dishes.

But I go to a different grocery store yesterday and can't find any pepperjack.  Instead I see something called "hot habernero" from Cabot.  "Eh probably about the same, and I've been wanting something a bit spicier anyway.

fucking ow

My favorite cheese is blue Stilton. Mmmm... Stilton.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #86066 on: September 19, 2015, 06:57:22 am »

AGE OF MYTHOLOGY IS GETTING A CHINESE EXPANSION.
Isn't that game something like a decade old? Possibly older than that?

Postal 2 recently got an expansion as well and that game's more than a decade old and isn't the most recent game in it's series (In fact, the expansion retcons the more recent game as having been just a bad dream)

Running With Scissors outsourced the making of Postal 3 for some reason, which turned out to be a... poor decision. It wasn't as bad as Empire Earth 3 (what is?), but retconning it is perfectly sensible, and an expansion for the already excellent Postal 2 made good financial sense.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86067 on: September 19, 2015, 07:04:15 am »

God damn it, I just know this is going to take all week. DF modding is definitely going to be a major hurdle. And I just want everything in the world to have a tophat, it's not too much to ask :'(
One wheel short of a wagon

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86068 on: September 19, 2015, 07:15:12 am »

God damn it, I just know this is going to take all week. DF modding is definitely going to be a major hurdle. And I just want everything in the world to have a tophat, it's not too much to ask :'(

If you're willing to just make the civilized races have them it'll take a lot less time than trying to mod tophat bodyparts into every living thing.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86069 on: September 19, 2015, 07:17:55 am »

Yeah, even I could replace a helmet or something with a tophat made of felt.

I am not willing to take this course of action.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 5736 5737 [5738] 5739 5740 ... 10983