Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5737 5738 [5739] 5740 5741 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13181790 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #86070 on: September 19, 2015, 07:30:41 am »

Ow ow ow ow
So my favorite cheese is pepperjack, I love the combination of spicy and dairy right?  Like curry or cheesy meat dishes.

But I go to a different grocery store yesterday and can't find any pepperjack.  Instead I see something called "hot habernero" from Cabot.  "Eh probably about the same, and I've been wanting something a bit spicier anyway.

fucking ow
HAHAHAHAHAHA
:P
I kinda like it, just gotta eat it more carefully (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #86071 on: September 19, 2015, 07:31:02 am »

You could write a regex to add it to everything, probably.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86072 on: September 19, 2015, 07:37:28 am »

I could do that manually, but I gotta make it first. DW, I'll get round to looking up how to do it properly. It's not as easy as modding in a civ or something. Probably says a lot about politicians vs scientists ::)
One wheel short of a wagon

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86073 on: September 19, 2015, 07:44:06 am »

Flabort is a creationist and yet believes in evolution (or at least agrees some form of evolution exists)? wat.

That's actually not rare. He said "micro-evolution" specifically is real. That's a standard creation point, they accept "change within kinds" but not "new kinds". "Kind" being their anti-scientific prefered term to "species" since "kind" is biblical, and it has no agree-on meaning, so it can mean whatever the creation wants for the specific post their making at the time, unlike "species" which has an exact definition. A population which is physically incapable of breeding with another one are defined as separate species. So, creationists don't claim new "species" can't arise, they've learned not to claim that, they say new "kinds" can't arise, where "kind" is entirely subjectively defined, so it's unfalsifiable.

Even though creations reject regular evolution, to make the bible account fit observable reality, young-Earth creations have had to convolute things so much, that there is creationist hyper-evolution. In hyper-evolution, creationists claim that 10's of millions of years of claimed-evolution of a set of related species actually happened in the ~2500 years between Noah's ark and the time of Christ, e.g. there was one pair of "cat-kind" on Noah's Ark and within 2000 years this pair bred and evolved into all the felid species that exist by the time of Christ.

And after the 2000 hyper-evolution period following Noah's ark, god magically turned off hyper-evolution, which is why we don't see hyper-evolving species during recorded history, even though they definitely happened before we wrote about them. So, leading creationists claim that god has a magical evolution button which makes species differentiation occur 10,000 times faster than scientists claim it does.

http://www.skepticink.com/smilodonsretreat/2012/11/08/creationists-need-faster-evolution-than-evolution/

One example from that is that creationists claim there was one pair of "dog-kind" on the ark, and that this pair gave rise to all 35 known species of Canid in the world. Given a rough date for Noah's ark, this means the pair of dogs must have speciated every 150 years between then and now. No explanation is given however for the fact that domestic dogs have in fact not speciated since the dawn of history. So the speciation is very selective, in the non-domestic dogs
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 07:57:57 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #86074 on: September 19, 2015, 07:54:26 am »

That quote is just short of a year old, Reelya.
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #86075 on: September 19, 2015, 07:55:44 am »

And the people involved back then expressed a desire not to continue it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86076 on: September 19, 2015, 07:58:54 am »

Ow, I followed some link back and got that discussion, not realizing it was old.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86077 on: September 19, 2015, 08:00:24 am »

You can't cover up the truth that easily Reelya. I'll find your time machine one day.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86078 on: September 19, 2015, 08:03:02 am »

Ah, found the source. 2 pages back bohandas (and loud whispers) were quote-chaining from a 1-year old comment. Nobody mentioned the necro when it happened so i missed the date.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 08:08:36 am by Reelya »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #86079 on: September 19, 2015, 08:16:22 am »

Honestly, I'm really impressed with how LW continued that conversation like nothing happened.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86080 on: September 19, 2015, 08:24:43 am »

@Reelya
Here's the magic button:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Though the version I had was bugged or something, you had to turn it *down* to speed it up.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #86081 on: September 19, 2015, 08:29:07 am »

I'm still not sure what Jesus has to do with Stingray murder

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #86083 on: September 19, 2015, 09:20:30 am »

Why do I do this to myself.
Why do I always check out the youtube comments, I've even checked the comments on Ballisticsquid's channel, which I guess must peg me as a masochist because I can't comprehend any other reason I'd do so.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #86084 on: September 19, 2015, 12:24:17 pm »

Wandered around campus for two hours to find a decent burger before doing homework because of the fact the place I planned to get brunch at had a different menu for gameday, only to find that I had wasted the entire trip because the library I need to go to to do my ECE homework is cloed until 4 today BECAUSE ITS GAMEDAY >:|
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 5737 5738 [5739] 5740 5741 ... 10983