Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5742 5743 [5744] 5745 5746 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13164650 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #86145 on: September 21, 2015, 12:44:00 pm »

I have only played Mafia in meatspace. It is pretty weird.

Also one time when everyone had their eyes closed and I was pointing at my victim for the night, the GM asked me to confirm and I accidentally said "yes" out loud, much to everyone's amusement. Fortunately I managed to pass it off as an attempt to provide a smokescreen for the other villain in the game, which actually almost worked after I voted to lynch him.

I don't think it's really possible to be much worse at mafia than that. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86146 on: September 21, 2015, 12:45:42 pm »

I'm trying to get my friends to play it, but kinda wish there was some way around the "close your eyes" thing, as people might object to it.
One wheel short of a wagon

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86147 on: September 21, 2015, 01:16:59 pm »

Just get 'em nice and drunk first. Worked for (most of) my group!
Although of course it also led to all sorts of daft shenanigans such as my own aforementioned failure and that one guy passing out in the corner and having no idea what was going on. It was hilarious, though. Apart from that other guy who had good enough hearing to be able to tell, with his eyes closed, who was the killer from the rustling of their clothing... after a few rounds he was always the first one to die.

And if he didn't die on the first night, it was a safe bet he was scum. xD
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86148 on: September 21, 2015, 05:01:02 pm »

I love how nobody at work takes the time to explain sweet fuck all to me. One job had eleven different variants of product, with the difference being colour. None of them were labelled to let me know which was which, and I just used one label for all the boxes. Pale green, pastel green, light green. Tan, light brown, dust brown, deep pale orange. Not sure if I'm very slightly colourblind, but I couldn't tell them apart.

Also, apparently yesterday was Terry Fox day. I thought it was in November for some reason.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86149 on: September 21, 2015, 06:23:29 pm »

I'm trying to get my friends to play it, but kinda wish there was some way around the "close your eyes" thing, as people might object to it.
Pieces of paper, written in secret?
Some sort of phone thing?
Eh.

Actually, I could totally make a Mafia app...Hmm.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 06:33:40 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #86150 on: September 21, 2015, 06:31:55 pm »

God....fucking....DAMN IT IMGUR.

I've been trying to upload a huge mess of vacation photos since the start of this month.

A week in, and Imgur decides it needs to do a fancy fucking redesign. Instead of having a nice set of generated links to the right, and pages for displaying each image so you don't bog down your connection loading them.....they went to an album style display for all images, and each one you hover over has generated links (but not the linked bbc url. Meaning instead of 1 copy/pasta I have to do two copy/pasta and some typing per link. An annoying waste of additional time.)

And today....they don't even generate the fucking links anymore. Just one giant share link for the whole album. Apparently if you want generated links, now you have to sign up for an account, upload your album, then go to some options page and generate the goddamn links yourself.

I really liked imgur because it was a no bullshit upload site that didn't make my life hell trying to upload photos. But there seems to have been a change in the wind there, because it just got twice as hard to upload a lot of images and they're making their own goddamn walled garden just like every other site out there.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #86151 on: September 21, 2015, 06:35:28 pm »

Eh.
We could like... introduce a bunch of specialized chat channels that would let people communicate only with the others that they were supposed to. And then we could do simultaneous communications to give people something to do while they are waiting for others to finish doing what they were doing! Hmmm, we could even add some new roles to take advantage of the new medium! And maybe... no wait, we've just created Town of Salem. :P

And today....they don't even generate the fucking links anymore. Just one giant share link for the whole album. Apparently if you want generated links, now you have to sign up for an account, upload your album, then go to some options page and generate the goddamn links yourself.
Just do right/control click on the image you want to link and choose "view image in new tab". Then copy everything in your URL bar, that's the direct image link for that particular image.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86152 on: September 21, 2015, 06:38:16 pm »

Eh.
We could like... introduce a bunch of specialized chat channels that would let people communicate only with the others that they were supposed to. And then we could do simultaneous communications to give people something to do while they are waiting for others to finish doing what they were doing! Hmmm, we could even add some new roles to take advantage of the new medium! And maybe... no wait, we've just created Town of Salem. :P
Dang IIIIIT.  All the good ideas have been done already.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86153 on: September 21, 2015, 06:43:43 pm »

Just do right/control click on the image you want to link and choose "view image in new tab". Then copy everything in your URL bar, that's the direct image link for that particular image.

I know that. I have 800 photos, man. Do you know how much of a pain in the ass it is to type l at the end of every photo to get the thumbnail size I need, to type
Code: [Select]
[url=][/url][img][/img] For every single image? Previously, that was a one-click affair, one copy, one paste affair. Now.....

And since I knuckled under to sign up for an account, I got that functionality back. Except now it just spits out a big list of hyper-links in the order the web page decided to put the photos in, not the true order you uploaded them. So now I get all my hyperlinks, paste them and preview them on a page to figure out which one is which, and splice the links back into the order they need to be in.

*sigh* FFS. Someone over there should be whipped for this level of bad design. What was seeming like a time intensive but relatively easy and monotonous task is now starting to seem like a job.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86154 on: September 21, 2015, 06:45:31 pm »

... haven't tried using it for mass uploads, but have you looked at upl.co? S'definitely painless for small numbers. Probably some others out there that are actually no bullshit, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #86155 on: September 21, 2015, 06:46:01 pm »

You could probably write like a 6 line batch file that would take a list of image URL's and automatically format them into the proper BBCode format. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86156 on: September 21, 2015, 06:50:01 pm »

I could, but it takes less energy to rage than it does to learn.

I've figured it, now. They essentially have been stripping functionality away from the no-account upload service and hiding in user account options. I've gotten back to where Imgur was a month ago by finally signing up for an account. That's so annoying though. I don't like feeling arm wrestled into making yet another account for something on the web. Interestingly uploads seem to be faster too.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 06:56:26 pm by nenjin »

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86157 on: September 21, 2015, 07:05:25 pm »

God....fucking....DAMN IT IMGUR.

I've been trying to upload a huge mess of vacation photos since the start of this month.

A week in, and Imgur decides it needs to do a fancy fucking redesign. Instead of having a nice set of generated links to the right, and pages for displaying each image so you don't bog down your connection loading them.....they went to an album style display for all images, and each one you hover over has generated links (but not the linked bbc url. Meaning instead of 1 copy/pasta I have to do two copy/pasta and some typing per link. An annoying waste of additional time.)

I really liked imgur because it was a no bullshit upload site that didn't make my life hell trying to upload photos. But there seems to have been a change in the wind there, because it just got twice as hard to upload a lot of images and they're making their own goddamn walled garden just like every other site out there.

I use this to make lots of links at once.
http://onlinehtmltools.com/bbcode-html-convertor/

YOu can only use it to make like 40 or so links at once.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86158 on: September 21, 2015, 07:28:45 pm »

Yeah... Imgur has taken a complete nosedive in recent months. Damn.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #86159 on: September 21, 2015, 07:55:45 pm »

I have only played Mafia in meatspace. It is pretty weird.

Also one time when everyone had their eyes closed and I was pointing at my victim for the night, the GM asked me to confirm and I accidentally said "yes" out loud, much to everyone's amusement. Fortunately I managed to pass it off as an attempt to provide a smokescreen for the other villain in the game, which actually almost worked after I voted to lynch him.

I don't think it's really possible to be much worse at mafia than that. :P
One of the funniest things you can do is claim to be Mafia right at first round and watch as people assume you're Tanner. This works even better in meatspace.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 5742 5743 [5744] 5745 5746 ... 10983