Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5750 5751 [5752] 5753 5754 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13190188 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #86265 on: September 22, 2015, 07:20:29 pm »

Rex Invictus.  (There's a Moderation Log sticky at the top of General Discussion, I missed it for the longest time)

I mean, Toady is pretty careful with the actual bans.  I bet Rex tried to circumvent the lock or something.  It's still disgusting what people posted there, but I'm not jumping to conclusions about Toady!

Or maybe he just made a mistake in a rush because he has to moderate alone, but let's not start that up again :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86266 on: September 22, 2015, 07:22:42 pm »

I'm sorry, but nobody's obligated to be soft-touch and sensitive to someone who asserts their opinions as incontrovertible truths and consistently attempts to trivialize and insult people who disagree with them.

If you're looking for your poor-oppressed-white-men/far-right conspiracy-theory echo chamber, this ain't it.
That does not excuse your behaviour (and that of others) in that thread, I'm afraid.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86267 on: September 22, 2015, 07:24:26 pm »

I'm sorry, but nobody's obligated to be soft-touch and sensitive to someone who asserts their opinions as incontrovertible truths and consistently attempts to trivialize and insult people who disagree with them.

If you're looking for your poor-oppressed-white-men/far-right conspiracy-theory echo chamber, this ain't it.
There was no "far-right conspiracy theory" in that thread, and it's a ridiculous assertion. To say that the American news media is often of poor quality and regularly puts spin on stories to fit their various agendas is not a radical notion in the slightest.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #86268 on: September 22, 2015, 07:24:59 pm »

Right. This is the far-left hippie/communist/sjw echo-chanber.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86269 on: September 22, 2015, 07:26:35 pm »

I, for one, am against echo chambers in general. One of the main tenets of classical liberalism is not to shout down opinions that make you uncomfortable or that you disagree with, but to debate and discuss them in good faith.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86270 on: September 22, 2015, 07:27:56 pm »

To be fair, everyone is free to express their opinions here.  Except for peer pressure, and the fact that anyone can get a thread locked through just a little escalation.

I don't mind that the thread was locked, just that he got banned.  His behavior *in that thread* didn't warrant it, he was being excessively antagonized.  But I'm still assuming he broke forum rules after the lock.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #86271 on: September 22, 2015, 07:28:52 pm »

There was no "far-right conspiracy theory" in that thread, and it's a ridiculous assertion. To say that the American news media is often of poor quality and regularly puts spin on stories to fit their various agendas is not a radical notion in the slightest.
Finish reading the thread.

Nah, I wouldn't say that SJW is really present. The only real hardcore SJW who showed up that I remember got banz0red.
To be fair, everyone is free to express their opinions here.  Except for peer pressure, and the fact that anyone can get a thread locked through just a little escalation.

I don't mind that the thread was locked, just that he got banned.  His behavior *in that thread* didn't warrant it, he was being excessively antagonized.  But I'm still assuming he broke forum rules after the lock.
He all but admitted to trolling toward the end, if memory serves. Apparently he decided he won the argument if Toady banned him for it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86272 on: September 22, 2015, 07:29:03 pm »

I do remember Rex being involved in flamebaiting and then making it even more obvious that he was flamebaiting, altough I dont remeber if Toady intervened at that time. LSP just mostly shitposted, he just did it really, really REALLY often, having got several warnings and at least one mute before.

Also, I can't really deny that lower forums B12 tends to lean toward lefty fedora wearing fervent followers of athe, but Rex wasn't exactly reasonable.

EDIT: infinite ninjas.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:35:50 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #86273 on: September 22, 2015, 07:30:21 pm »

One of the main tenets of classical liberalism is not to shout down opinions that make you uncomfortable or that you disagree with, but to debate them in good faith.
So, internet debating in reverse.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86274 on: September 22, 2015, 07:33:36 pm »

That does not excuse your behaviour (and that of others) in that thread, I'm afraid.
I never claimed I did. All I'm saying is that treating it as if he was some poor oppressed soul who was trying to have a discussion and was subsequently dogpiled by people who didn't want to listen to him is utterly ludicrous. He was already resorting to dismissing out-of-hand anyone he disagreed with by the second page. I was a jerk to him, but I'm not going to apologize for being mean to an asshole who was busy treating other people like rubbish.

e: And yes, Tawarochir is on-point with those responses. B12LB is a vaguely left-of-center place that argues over the same things for years. The only real far-left radical that showed up and started shitting on things got banned about as quickly as the far-right ones. Personally I think we've had more of the latter solely because the leftist atmosphere is more likely to provoke right-wing types than more extreme leftists. :|
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:36:20 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86275 on: September 22, 2015, 07:36:05 pm »

His OP and initial posts seem like a reasonable attempt at discussion...  Then several people mocked him without addressing the arguments, and he responded by mocking them back with some large-font.  Then said he might get banned for it.  Which is silly, right?  ...Right?
She/they

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86276 on: September 22, 2015, 07:36:47 pm »

Finish reading the thread.

Nah, I wouldn't say that SJW is really present. The only real hardcore SJW who showed up that I remember got banz0red.

He all but admitted to trolling toward the end, if memory serves. Apparently he decided he won the argument if Toady banned him for it.
He was being trolled. Trolling trolls should either not be bannable, or all trolls involved should be banned. I don't blame him for deciding he won the argument when 90% of the opposition was vitriolic shit-flinging.

I never claimed I did. All I'm saying is that treating it as if he was some poor oppressed soul who was trying to have a discussion and was subsequently dogpiled by people who didn't want to listen to him is utterly ludicrous. He was already resorting to dismissing out-of-hand anyone he disagreed with by the second page. I was a jerk to him, but I'm not going to apologize for being mean to an asshole who was busy treating other people like rubbish.
On the second page, he only dismissed the people accusing his post of being based in a conspiracy theory, and attempted to debate the others. Are we reading the same thread?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86277 on: September 22, 2015, 07:37:46 pm »

Ninja'd by Morrigi. I wouldn't say he was a "poor oppressed soul" but he was trying to have a discussion and was subsequently dogpiled by people who didn't want to listen to him.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86278 on: September 22, 2015, 07:38:19 pm »

Ninja'd by Morrigi. I wouldn't say he was a "poor oppressed soul" but he was trying to have a discussion and was subsequently dogpiled by people who didn't want to listen to him.
Exactly.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #86279 on: September 22, 2015, 07:42:58 pm »

His OP and initial posts seem like a reasonable attempt at discussion...  Then several people mocked him without addressing the arguments, and he responded by mocking them back with some large-font.  Then said he might get banned for it.  Which is silly, right?  ...Right?

The OP and his posts stinks off him having already made up his kind about what "bay12" thinks and arguing against that and wanting to prove "bay12" wrong to his superior self, not wanting any actual discussion of the event or sharing of information. He made the thread with the purpose of being hostile and confrontational, and he got the response he wanted.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 5750 5751 [5752] 5753 5754 ... 10984