Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5753 5754 [5755] 5756 5757 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13148592 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #86310 on: September 22, 2015, 10:26:35 pm »

That's a good idea
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86311 on: September 22, 2015, 10:34:30 pm »

Ok I have to say this... reading the Jack Orlando Letsplay and this character must be the biggest weenie on earth because you can threaten every single NPC in this game with your gun and so far none of them even care.

You are such a weenie that even when you point a loaded gun right to their head they couldn't care less.

Don't get me wrong it is a HORRIBLE adventure game... But it somehow finds ways of sucking beyond the normal constraints of common sense.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86312 on: September 22, 2015, 10:42:18 pm »

I mean, let's be honest, there's no way in hell I'd bring something like that to school back when I was in it, and that's as a geeky white kid. As an Arab-looking kid in the South I'd only do it if I was feeling suicidal. That's basically zero common sense on his part, American schools are fucking crazy about security regardless of who you are, and there've been plenty that sanction kids hard for stupid things like making finger-gun gestures:P

And while you're at it perhaps Rosa Parks should have given up her seat to that white dude.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86313 on: September 22, 2015, 10:56:22 pm »

I mean, let's be honest, there's no way in hell I'd bring something like that to school back when I was in it, and that's as a geeky white kid. As an Arab-looking kid in the South I'd only do it if I was feeling suicidal. That's basically zero common sense on his part, American schools are fucking crazy about security regardless of who you are, and there've been plenty that sanction kids hard for stupid things like making finger-gun gestures:P

And while you're at it perhaps Rosa Parks should have given up her seat to that white dude.

I think stupid people being stupid doesn't fall under Rosa Parks.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86314 on: September 22, 2015, 11:49:15 pm »

Spoiler: Why hello there! (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86315 on: September 23, 2015, 06:59:31 am »

Whistling, humming, singing or otherwise delibirately making unnecessary noise in a public bathroom should be outlawed.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86316 on: September 23, 2015, 07:28:18 am »

What about unescessary noise that doesn't come from your mouth? :v

Anyway, to clarify on the whole Ahmed thing (without the huge flaming pile of shit the other thread was in), apparently his dad is a sudanese politician who contested the presidency of Sudan in the last elections. The quick rise of the whole #IStandWithAhmed thing as well and the fact the clock he supposedly invented being a bit too similar to the contents of a certain commercial clock (including the display bit), make this whole thing seem more and more shady.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86317 on: September 23, 2015, 07:31:56 am »

Whistling, humming, singing or otherwise delibirately making unnecessary noise in a public bathroom should be outlawed.
Well, what if the poop I'm taking is so metal it demands an acapella rendition of Manowar's "King of Kings"?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86318 on: September 23, 2015, 08:17:07 am »

I've noticed that if I don't wear my glasses while playing videogames I just can't tune in.

My theory is that even though I can see just fine at this distance, and never really wear my glasses anyway except outdoors, that unconsciously I do notice the difference and tune out what is just registering as completely fake to my eyes.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86319 on: September 23, 2015, 08:28:32 am »

Its a quirk of depth perception. Its also why some people absolutely hate seeing "3d" movies wearing those 3d glasses. My girlfriend says it just looks odd to her, and sometimes seems to give her headaches.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86320 on: September 23, 2015, 08:35:44 am »

I think stupid people being stupid doesn't fall under Rosa Parks.

Ignoring a known policy because it's stupid as hell does though.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86321 on: September 23, 2015, 09:05:13 am »

Girlfriend logs into tumblr after being inactive for a long time, sends me the first thing on her dashboard:
Spoiler: NSFW...kinda? (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86322 on: September 23, 2015, 09:23:17 am »

Ignoring a known policy because it's stupid as hell does though.

Only if you do so in an intelligent manner.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86323 on: September 23, 2015, 09:37:21 am »

Anyway, to clarify on the whole Ahmed thing (without the huge flaming pile of shit the other thread was in), apparently his dad is a sudanese politician who contested the presidency of Sudan in the last elections. The quick rise of the whole #IStandWithAhmed thing as well and the fact the clock he supposedly invented being a bit too similar to the contents of a certain commercial clock (including the display bit), make this whole thing seem more and more shady.

Ahmed was casing the joint, making a bunch of Infidels (and Obama) look like fools.  Where are the fraud charges?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86324 on: September 23, 2015, 10:15:56 am »

Ahmed was casing the joint, making a bunch of Infidels (and Obama) look like fools.  Where are the fraud charges?

The key is more that the kid wasn't bringing his cool new invention to school and wanted to show it off. That the allegations of racism is more a way to allow the kid to sidestep his suspension.

This is before I even hear further stories, that are probably outright lies and rumors, that the clock he made counted down... meaning he set it up to look like a bomb intentionally. Which is a dumb thing kids do. Heck children at my highschool brought switchcombs to school specifically because they looked like switchblades.

I can't imagine any kids of any race being able to pull off what he just did. In fact "I" have been suspended from school for doing much less and had to get a professional psychiatrist to go "no you are all being silly, let him back in school"... and I AM a white male.

This kid brought a wire clock to school for no reason other then to bring a wire clock to school and the worst he got is a suspension? Ohhh no.

This could be used as a anecdote to how schools are draconian in their protection of school premises... but as for a case of race. Frankly unless there is another part of the story where they actually tackled him to the ground and beat him with night sticks... I don't see it.

Besides racially it is the white kids who tend to be the ones for mass school murders.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:23:51 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 5753 5754 [5755] 5756 5757 ... 10980