Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5808 5809 [5810] 5811 5812 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13177973 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #87135 on: October 05, 2015, 08:35:39 am »

And then the NRA and their bought politicians would insist that the real way to stop shooting sprees is to ban sidewalk chalk. :V
Well, the real solution would be to monitor local sidewalks for threatening messages to act on them beforehand.
But Bowtie, then the terrorists have won!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87136 on: October 05, 2015, 08:37:32 am »

Precuationary sidewalk monitoring and evaluation isn't nationwide panic and fear of sidewalks, scr. :P
Black lives matter.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #87137 on: October 05, 2015, 10:41:57 am »

Precuationary sidewalk monitoring and evaluation isn't nationwide panic and fear of sidewalks, scr. :P
Bowtie confirmed for sidewalk shill.

This behavior can't stand. It must be curbed immediately!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #87138 on: October 05, 2015, 10:49:18 am »

Why are sports "news" stories incredibly inane? The first story I saw today said (summarized) "Kobe Bryant took a shot that was probably going to miss. He missed." The headline wasn't misleading, that's literally all the story was about. Engaging.... coverage...? I don't know anything about sports, but there's got to be something more worth talking about than that.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87139 on: October 05, 2015, 10:50:33 am »

Why are sports "news" stories incredibly inane? The first story I saw today said (summarized) "Kobe Bryant took a shot that was probably going to miss. He missed." The headline wasn't misleading, that's literally all the story was about. Engaging.... coverage...? I don't know anything about sports, but there's got to be something more worth talking about than that.

Because to sports fans that is huge I guess?

Celebrity news is just as lame.

"Ohhh my gawd! Did you know Such and such is a ordinary human being?"

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87140 on: October 05, 2015, 10:54:32 am »

That's not really what most sports news is like, though. There's a comparison to gangster rap or harem anime just begging to be made here.

For instance, I just checked a cricket news site and this was one of the stories on the front page. I wouldn't call that inane. A lot of the time they are short things - so-and-so selected to play for such-and-such a team and the implications of it, but calling that inane is like calling a video game dev blog inane.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 10:58:09 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87141 on: October 05, 2015, 11:09:12 am »

For the last few days steam has been reporting that all of my friends were "last online x seconds ago," x being, effectively, a counter for how long I've been logged in. The first time it happened it was just with one person and I thought they were avoiding me, but now it does it for my whole list, including the guy who hasn't been online in two years, and I'm starting to suspect it just doesn't know what's going on.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87142 on: October 05, 2015, 11:27:05 am »

For the last few days steam has been reporting that all of my friends were "last online x seconds ago," x being, effectively, a counter for how long I've been logged in. The first time it happened it was just with one person and I thought they were avoiding me, but now it does it for my whole list, including the guy who hasn't been online in two years, and I'm starting to suspect it just doesn't know what's going on.
They've all got it in for you. Carry a gun at all times and speak to noone to hide the fact that you know.
One wheel short of a wagon

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87143 on: October 05, 2015, 01:29:12 pm »

Went into a 7-Eleven, right as the school across the street was letting out. Big mistake. And I swear, if some other teenage moron cuts in front of me one more time, I'm going to put some heads through objects.

While walking home, someone in a car yelled and it sounded like they called me a slut.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #87144 on: October 05, 2015, 01:32:28 pm »

In our programming lecture, one of the lecturers briefly mentioned rougelikes, and one of the other students shouted out "Dwarf Fortress is the best!".

There was only one thing I could have done in that situation, and that was to shout out "I agree!".
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87145 on: October 05, 2015, 01:36:59 pm »

And not: 'It was inevitable!'?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87146 on: October 05, 2015, 01:48:30 pm »

Or

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #87147 on: October 05, 2015, 01:53:45 pm »

I would have shouted "Dwarf Fortress isn't a roguelike!" just to see if I could start that argument in real life.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #87148 on: October 05, 2015, 02:19:19 pm »

Well, that's one good opportunity I've missed.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87149 on: October 05, 2015, 02:48:38 pm »

Some part of my PC just took a shit. For a short while, it just started crashing within about 10 minutes of startup. Now it doesn't even POST. It powers up, but the two-digit LED indicator on the motherboard stops at 41. Looking that code up hasn't been fruitful so far, I just keep seeing that the 40-4F range is "reserved for future use".

It might either be the RAM or graphics card. Probably the latter, since what I could see from the BSOD it looked like the graphics driver was clusterfucking itself to death.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 5808 5809 [5810] 5811 5812 ... 10983