Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5825 5826 [5827] 5828 5829 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13172706 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #87390 on: October 08, 2015, 08:08:29 pm »

We do. The problem is that they aren't given to seventy-year-olds. Though I didn't get my first computer-dedicated class until college.

Some of the students in those classes had never even seen a computer before. Which is convenient for them, consider the level of complexity of those classes. "This is how you create a folder. This is how you open a document.". Bleh.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87391 on: October 08, 2015, 08:09:36 pm »

We do. The problem is that they aren't given to seventy-year-olds. Though I didn't get my first computer-dedicated class until college.

Some of the students in those classes had never even seen a computer before. Which is convenient for them, consider the level of complexity of those classes. "This is how you create a folder. This is how you open a document.". Bleh.
Typing typing typing typing typing BLOODY MORE TYPING AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
(Still don't use asdfjkl;.  More like ShiftAWDSpace Mouse.  Not to mention the phone keyboards.)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:11:48 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #87392 on: October 08, 2015, 08:37:05 pm »

Typing typing typing typing typing BLOODY MORE TYPING AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
(Still don't use asdfjkl;.  More like ShiftAWDSpace Mouse.  Not to mention the phone keyboards.)

uggg I hate that. I have only ever had a few computer classes that taught much more than typing, ((and it never improved mine)) the few being one that showed us more complex functions of Microsoft word, and my web design class.

but now the computer classes have been removed from the school ((THAT WAS MY PATHWAY YOU IMBICIELS!)) quite frustrating.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #87393 on: October 08, 2015, 08:48:06 pm »

... to be fair, typing competency can do quite a bit to help out someone unfamiliar with computers be more comfortable with them. One of the more common frustrations I see with folks that aren't used to the machines is a difficulty with input -- working the keyboard, working the mouse. Being able to type even somewhat smoothly, consistently remembering which mouse button to click and where, etc. It helps them a fair bit if they can at least manage that much before getting into more complicated stuff. Mitigates a level of frustration.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87394 on: October 08, 2015, 09:20:45 pm »

Speaking of typing, I really hate it when I have to type on peoples' tiny laptops. My own laptop has a pretty big keyboard and I've spent enough time with full-size desktop keyboards that I'm quite familiar with them, but when I have to type on a smaller laptop I get really ticked at the amount of mistakes I make thanks to erroneous muscle memory.

And I go into full on rage mode for people with Macs where the function/modifier keys are all different and I hit Function-Z instead of Ctrl-Z when I want to undo something.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87395 on: October 08, 2015, 09:23:32 pm »

As far as I've seen with computer helping, old people just want their dang email to load on the thing they are attempting to read it on. Usually a computer. Sometimes a laptop. If it can retrieve emails without requiring a login everytime, even better.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #87396 on: October 08, 2015, 09:28:19 pm »

What really gets me is how they don't even bother trying to learn. Like, the power button, right? It has the same symbol. Every power button on every piece of electronics has had the same symbol on or near it for God knows how long. Every power button on any piece of sanely-designed tech has that symbol. It'd take determined effort not to learn that that symbol means "Press me to turn the device on or off". And there's people that still need to have the power button pointed out to them every. single. time.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87397 on: October 08, 2015, 09:28:29 pm »

Then a few days later they somehow manage to get so many tool bars on their internet browser that you can barely see the actual page they are on.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87398 on: October 08, 2015, 11:49:53 pm »

You know I will always defend Scooby Doo for having the gang run away from what usually amounts to a Not Ghost (Heck, one episode even highlights this where Freddy says the ghost is fake and Shaggy comments that "Great, so now we just have a crazed psycho attacking us now"... not  verbatim).

Yet why do they always feel the need to prove that the ghost isn't a ghost as far of their investigations? Sometimes this makes sense in that proving how they are able to perform their stunts does help with a conviction and in catching them. Yet other times it feels like they honestly believed it was a ghost... every... single... time.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #87399 on: October 08, 2015, 11:53:36 pm »

You know I will always defend Scooby Doo for having the gang run away from what usually amounts to a Not Ghost (Heck, one episode even highlights this where Freddy says the ghost is fake and Shaggy comments that "Great, so now we just have a crazed psycho attacking us now"... not  verbatim).

Yet why do they always feel the need to prove that the ghost isn't a ghost as far of their investigations? Sometimes this makes sense in that proving how they are able to perform their stunts does help with a conviction and in catching them. Yet other times it feels like they honestly believed it was a ghost... every... single... time.

They have actually faced real supernatural/extraordinary threats before though, on at least one occasion. The monster in Scooby Doo and the Great Cyber Chase was a real-deal electric life form.

Assuming that what we see in the cartoon is fairly true to what the gang sees in-character, the costumes and tricks the criminals use are actually very realistic.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87400 on: October 09, 2015, 02:25:38 am »

I am still creeped out by the knowledge that Human leather, if it was actually used, actually would be considered a high quality leather that cannot be replicated with other leathers.

Both by how macabre that is... and also by "What else?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #87401 on: October 09, 2015, 02:32:34 am »

Actually, human skin is a bit too thin to be made into any sort of quality leather. Low-grade suede, maybe, but there is a reason we use sheep and cattle and such for leather rather than e.g. dogs or cats. Human leather would certainly have unique properties just like any animal's, but not all of those would be good.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87402 on: October 09, 2015, 02:34:20 am »

Actually, human skin is a bit too thin to be made into any sort of quality leather. Low-grade suede, maybe, but there is a reason we use sheep and cattle and such for leather rather than e.g. dogs or cats. Human leather would certainly have unique properties just like any animal's, but not all of those would be good.

It is more of a, what is the term, luxury leather. The porous nature of it means that it has some limited use.

Certainly you would never make jackets or book bindings with it.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #87403 on: October 09, 2015, 02:45:00 am »

Okay, I have successfully terrified myself. Maybe I shouldn't have pondered what one could use it for. Worst of all, I found several answers. I think I'll stick with latex for those uses, inferior as it may be as a material.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87404 on: October 09, 2015, 02:50:57 am »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein#Crimes (don't eat while reading this)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 02:55:15 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 5825 5826 [5827] 5828 5829 ... 10983