Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5830 5831 [5832] 5833 5834 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13144150 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #87465 on: October 10, 2015, 10:06:09 am »

:o

I guess it does depend on CPUs then.
One wheel short of a wagon

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87466 on: October 10, 2015, 10:17:45 am »

I mean, has anyone ever encountered a problem with Mozilla Firefox?
Well it seems to randomly crash after I open up too many "process-intensive" (like Youtube videos) tabs. It may also experience some weird graphical/programming glitches before crashing, like a scrolling bug, when you try scrolling down a page and it instead starts to display to some part from above, effectively looping that page infinitely, or a black-out bug, where most of the page suddenly turns black and only returns for a short while if it refreshes them.

Yeah!  I've had that for a few months now, I assumed it was because of bad memory (I get occasional bluescreens since it overheated).  Basically I have to force-kill Firefox every so often, or it demands too much memory and starts glitching out like that.  Closing tabs helps a little, but as much as it should.  Must be a memory leak, or holding on to the memory "just in case".  Either way, it's very frustrating.
Not an issue on my gaming PC, which has more memory.

Youtube even crashed my gaming PC sometimes, though, with previous versions of Flash.  When nothing else did.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #87467 on: October 10, 2015, 01:44:12 pm »

For those of you with Chrome, why not Chromium? It's all the chrome without The Google breathing down your neck.
Netflix, mostly. It's a huge pain in the ass to get their DRM scheme to work in Chromium, if it's even possible.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87468 on: October 10, 2015, 04:18:06 pm »

Goddamn. Who would have thought the withdrawal for coffee would be so severe after just missing one morning's coffee. I've had a headache, time seemed to pass slower, could barely stay awake.

Currently sipping a 7-Eleven pumpkin spice coffee. My fix, I need my fix...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87469 on: October 10, 2015, 04:26:52 pm »

...The debate over whether there is ever such a thing as a coffee addiction intervention, and whether it's safe to joke about, that I just had with myself.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #87470 on: October 10, 2015, 06:12:39 pm »

... there is such a thing -- there's a handful of medical conditions that coffee (caffeine in general, really) can be sincerely bad for, and it can be a complete bastard to get people who are addicted to it off, even in the face of, y'know, keeling the blazes over dead.

Can't say about it being safe to joke about.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87471 on: October 10, 2015, 06:32:11 pm »

There's always someone who will get offended by it, but I'm a believer in nothing being too sacrosanct for humour.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87472 on: October 10, 2015, 06:56:16 pm »

You can't truly overcome something without being able to laugh about it, methinks.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #87473 on: October 10, 2015, 07:31:39 pm »

Caffeine withdrawal is a bastard, but in my experience it only really lasts a day. Though that day is quite unpleasant...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #87474 on: October 10, 2015, 07:33:55 pm »

Depends a lot on the person, really. Some folks don't even blink, some have problems for quite a while. I was still feeling it about a week after I cut caffeine out of my diet, but it was never terribly intense for any of, just mild headaches, unusual amounts of lethargy, etc.
Ask not!
Ask!

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #87475 on: October 10, 2015, 07:42:51 pm »

Coffee does seem to affect people differently, my father can't drink because after going to uni and drinking it a lot he started shaking whenever he drank some, so it stands to reason that coffee withdrawals would affect people in different ways.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87476 on: October 10, 2015, 07:46:43 pm »

Honestly, I think I should just take more days off from drinking coffee. I had intended to do that actually, just... kinda forgot.

I'll be fine. My mother said she found my mug. Never did tell me where, and I still can't find it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
« Reply #87477 on: October 10, 2015, 08:09:30 pm »

I like to get a good boost some mornings and coffee does that for me. I've been without and I've also had periods where I drank daily—the only time I have problems is when I have a cup on an empty stomach, or more than one cup in a four hour period. Then I get sick.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #87478 on: October 10, 2015, 08:25:12 pm »

Eehh... it aggravates acid reflux, especially if it's carbonated. Is why I've more or less stopped drinking caffeine entirely. Maybe soda or tea two or three times a year, but that's been about it for the last four or five. Like said, first week was pretty rough, but after that overall energy levels actually went up :-\
Ask not!
Ask!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87479 on: October 10, 2015, 08:40:49 pm »

...The debate over whether there is ever such a thing as a coffee addiction intervention, and whether it's safe to joke about, that I just had with myself.

Here you go.
Pages: 1 ... 5830 5831 [5832] 5833 5834 ... 10980