Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5845 5846 [5847] 5848 5849 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13192170 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #87690 on: October 14, 2015, 01:22:23 am »

Problem with American-Indian is what do you call people who moved to america from Chennai?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #87691 on: October 14, 2015, 01:27:25 am »

India-Americans :P
Love, scriver~

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87692 on: October 14, 2015, 01:35:06 am »

And somebody like me who's from america, but immigrated to india?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #87693 on: October 14, 2015, 01:35:34 am »

India-American :P

No no, that's what you get when the entire landmass of India physically relocates to America.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #87694 on: October 14, 2015, 03:30:51 am »

« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 05:54:32 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #87695 on: October 14, 2015, 04:31:04 am »

Cards Against Humanity  :o
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87696 on: October 14, 2015, 05:33:01 am »

Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87697 on: October 14, 2015, 05:42:27 am »

I think we established in the past that that does indeed make you an America-Indian, didn't we? So technically you're both native American and America-Indian :P
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #87698 on: October 14, 2015, 07:52:28 am »

No, no, no. It clearly makes him a BASTARD IMMIGRANT GOING TO STEAL ALL OUR JOBS AND MONEY AND WOMEN AND MEN AND CHILDREN AND AIR.

Apparently.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #87699 on: October 14, 2015, 07:53:05 am »

I don't know, that data is twenty years old. I'll admit this is just my perception, but I feel that there was a significant push in the 2000s toward actual tribe names instead of general terms (I looked for newer polls but just got the Redskins controversy). And it's possible people have different opinions on what they want to be called in a poll versus what they want to be called in a conversation.

I also question referring to a survey of Native Americans as a single huge group when lumping them together as a single group is probably the most noted problem with the current names.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #87700 on: October 14, 2015, 08:09:28 am »

I don't know, that data is twenty years old. I'll admit this is just my perception, but I feel that there was a significant push in the 2000s toward actual tribe names instead of general terms (I looked for newer polls but just got the Redskins controversy). And it's possible people have different opinions on what they want to be called in a poll versus what they want to be called in a conversation.

I also question referring to a survey of Native Americans as a single huge group when lumping them together as a single group is probably the most noted problem with the current names.

Personally, I've never met an Amerindian that didn't refer to "Native American" as "White Man's Horse Shit."
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87701 on: October 14, 2015, 08:16:38 am »

What about simply American? Fucking urge of humans to label everything and everyone. And that goes both ways.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87702 on: October 14, 2015, 08:25:55 am »

What about simply American? Fucking urge of humans to label everything and everyone. And that goes both ways.
But that would include canadians. :p
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87703 on: October 14, 2015, 08:34:29 am »

Update on the case of my brother in law. The same scumbags called the owner of the truck apologising and simply asking for nobody to go to the hearing or to testify anything. They realized that the owner of the truck work with the big fishes (the military, which is one order of magnitude more powerful and corrupt than the police). We all breathe in cautious optimism.

My country is really FUBAR.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87704 on: October 14, 2015, 08:43:14 am »

Personally, I've never met an Amerindian that didn't refer to "Native American" as "White Man's Horse Shit."

This matches what I'm aware of on the subject as well. Take, for example, one of the leading nonprofits owned and operated by Amerindians for Amerindians: the AAIA. On low levels you use tribe or Nation names. On the regional level you can group based on common languages or shared history. "Native American" was what the U.S. government started pushing as a response to the Red Power/Indian Rights Movement.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 5845 5846 [5847] 5848 5849 ... 10984