Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5878 5879 [5880] 5881 5882 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13174862 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88185 on: October 21, 2015, 03:24:22 pm »

Lawnmowers.  The third or fourth bane of my existence, right after homework and terrible sleep schedules, and possibly yardwork in general.

I never really understood the point of yardwork.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #88186 on: October 21, 2015, 03:28:18 pm »

State of your yard affects neighborhood home prices, is the idea.  When real estate prices go down, its pretty much the same thing as losing money if you live there.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88187 on: October 21, 2015, 03:29:25 pm »

State of your yard affects neighborhood home prices, is the idea.  When real estate prices go down, its pretty much the same thing as losing money if you live there.
Would it bring down my taxes?  :P
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88188 on: October 21, 2015, 03:37:50 pm »

Actually, yes. But would you deprive your local school district of your delicious property taxes? Think of the children!
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88189 on: October 21, 2015, 03:47:59 pm »

That's a good point. You only want your home to have a high price if you're actively trying to sell it. Otherwise lower is better.

And either way, what's the point pf having a lawn in he first place? Why not stones or astroturf?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88190 on: October 21, 2015, 03:50:00 pm »

That's a good point. You only want your home to have a high price if you're actively trying to sell it. Otherwise lower is better.

And either way, what's the point pf having a lawn in he first place? Why not stones or astroturf?
I wish astroturf.  Although it's too big for a stone yard at my house.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88191 on: October 21, 2015, 04:00:45 pm »

Because plants are nice?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #88192 on: October 21, 2015, 04:02:01 pm »

Because plants are nice?

Also doesn't help with flooding.

Which I s'pose only really matters if you live near a river or the sea, or aren't quite high up...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88193 on: October 21, 2015, 04:04:09 pm »

Because plants are nice?

Which I s'pose only really matters if you live near a river or the sea, or aren't quite high up...

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with having grass. At least as long as you aren't watering or fertilizing it. If you have to regularly do either of those things just to keep the grass from dying, alternative arrangements will probably serve you better anyway.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88194 on: October 21, 2015, 04:06:42 pm »

Because plants are nice?

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with having grass. At least as long as you aren't watering or fertilizing it. If you have to regularly do either of those things just to keep the grass from dying, alternative arrangements will probably serve you better anyway.

Being the only grass garden in a street of concreted over gardens?

Then all the floodwater would be absorbed by the now wondrously lush marsh you have in front of and behind your horribly water-logged house.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88195 on: October 21, 2015, 04:11:42 pm »

You need a lawn to tell those young whippersnappers to get off your lawn.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88196 on: October 21, 2015, 04:12:53 pm »

Plants are nice:Why you have gardens.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88197 on: October 21, 2015, 04:17:00 pm »

Plants aren't nice.

All they do is make you sneeze and cry and the insects are EVERYWHERE. Goddammit plants.

You can't even eat all of them.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88198 on: October 21, 2015, 04:28:14 pm »

Plants aren't nice.

All they do is make you sneeze and cry and the insects are EVERYWHERE. Goddammit plants.

I dunno, flowers are good for romancing people.
And a potted plant will brighten any office a bit.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88199 on: October 21, 2015, 04:32:41 pm »

Plants aren't nice.

I dunno, flowers are good for romancing people.
And a potted plant will brighten any office a bit.
Depends how sensitive they are to pollen :P

I'm just a pragmatist, so the idea of having something that exists purely for aesthetic value is bothersome.

Plants are alright, it's just the amount of effort that goes into maintaining the bastards for that aesthetic value, really.

Pages: 1 ... 5878 5879 [5880] 5881 5882 ... 10983