Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5879 5880 [5881] 5882 5883 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13179546 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88200 on: October 21, 2015, 04:49:02 pm »

Plants are nice:Why you have gardens.

Plants aren't nice.

All they do is make you sneeze and cry and the insects are EVERYWHERE. Goddammit plants.

You can't even eat all of them.
I dunno, flowers are good for romancing people.
And a potted plant will brighten any office a bit.
Depends how sensitive they are to pollen :P

I'm just a pragmatist, so the idea of having something that exists purely for aesthetic value is bothersome.

Plants are alright, it's just the amount of effort that goes into maintaining the bastards for that aesthetic value, really.
Get a cactus or something, then.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #88201 on: October 21, 2015, 04:50:40 pm »

I could just have no plants at all :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88202 on: October 21, 2015, 05:11:46 pm »

Goddamn, every minute of every day, it seems like there's somebody in my way. I try to put clothes on a rack, a customer walks into the very spot I need to get there and refuses to move come hell or high water. Trying to get home, so much traffic and asshole drivers. Then my mother has to stop at the local reservation to buy cigarettes. She's in, and starts to walk out in 20 seconds, then turns around and spends several minutes talking to someone. Then her asshole husband calls and tells her to get milk, yet another side-trip.

Lawnmowers.  The third or fourth bane of my existence, right after homework and terrible sleep schedules, and possibly yardwork in general.

I never really understood the point of yardwork.
Also keeps snakes and other not-so-friendly animals out of your yard.

Get plants that are edible. Fruit trees are particularly nice.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88203 on: October 21, 2015, 05:30:13 pm »

When I grow up(er, retire) I'm not even going to have a lawn.  Just dirt and trees everywhere.  Maybe some moss.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88204 on: October 21, 2015, 05:44:43 pm »

When I have my own house, I'll go for a rock garden. Yes, that's gonna be my excuse if the Home-owners association bitches about it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88205 on: October 21, 2015, 05:47:36 pm »

Claim some of them are rock succulents.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #88206 on: October 21, 2015, 05:53:06 pm »

... yeah, to chime in, you have plants to keep your land from floating away when the rain comes, you do yardwork to cut back on snakes and other deadly things that like to live in overgrown yards. Also limit fire hazard.

Part of the reason maintained lawns help with property prices is because they mean the area is less likely to get washed off, less likely to catch fire, and less likely to have dozens of things what kill people hiding within wandering distance of your house. It does have to do with aesthetics, but also to do with not dying/suffering massive property damage.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88207 on: October 21, 2015, 05:57:22 pm »

Trying to play through AC:Brotherhood and encountered a game-breaking bug where part of one of the final missions doesn't trigger. Looked it up and people have been complaining about it for years, with no acknowledgement by Ubisoft of it at all.
How does anyone allow this to happen.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88208 on: October 21, 2015, 05:58:58 pm »

Trying to play through AC:Brotherhood and encountered a game-breaking bug where part of one of the final missions doesn't trigger. Looked it up and people have been complaining about it for years, with no acknowledgement by Ubisoft of it at all.
It is ubisoft. They're no more careing than EA is, but with far less old IPs.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88209 on: October 21, 2015, 06:01:23 pm »

Ubisoft (and EA, for that matter) are only good at selling games, not making them.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88210 on: October 21, 2015, 06:02:02 pm »

I'm not sure about EA, they seem to be trying a little bit. Compared to Activision and past!EA, at least. Ubisoft is still pushing their "PC gamers are pirates" thing, despite their own sales numbers implying otherwise.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88211 on: October 21, 2015, 06:05:07 pm »

Grrr. My sweet and sour pork became sweet and spicy. Sure it has all 4 of the 5 tastes but the sweetness is overcoming both the salty and sour taste.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #88212 on: October 21, 2015, 06:14:12 pm »

I haven't played any major titles by EA or Ubisoft since the original Xbox, but I own the DS spinoff of Modern Warfare. It doesn't win any awards, but at least it's not awful. It's just kind of pointless.

Some of the earlier Ubisoft games under the "Tom Clancy" brand were actually pretty good. Rainbow Six 3 and RS3: Black Arrow were tons of fun, and Splinter Cell 1 was alright when it wasn't stupid and unfairly difficult.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88213 on: October 21, 2015, 06:30:35 pm »

Is that the one on the bridge/wall thing fighting the dude?  That happened to me too.   :(  I was able to get around it by running under a crappier resolution.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88214 on: October 21, 2015, 06:42:27 pm »

UGH the 8-glasses a day semi-myth is so hard to keep track of.

I am having low blood pressure problems likely caused by dehydration (in spite drinking... I probably lose some, some other way)... So I am trying to increase my liquid intake.

So I checked out the 8-glasses a day semi-myth (It is a semi-myth because it isn't EXACTLY true, but it isn't exactly untrue) and after measuring how much it was... I went "There is NO WAY! it would be a challenge for anyone to drink that much everyday. How did humanity get by?"

So I looked further and found
a) You actually need a lot more!
and then I found
b) You need a certain amount of water per day... ANY WAY possible... which includes eating.

It is hard enough drinking my two giant glasses of water a day, leaving a sickeningly full feeling in my gullet, but now I am completely lost.
Pages: 1 ... 5879 5880 [5881] 5882 5883 ... 10983