Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5881 5882 [5883] 5884 5885 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13177788 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88230 on: October 21, 2015, 08:11:41 pm »

Unfortunately the most popular American beers are "lite" beers, which have no taste :'(
I tried a few of them while I was over there recently, and they were nowhere near as bad as I was led to expect... Budweiser was pretty decent.
And of course I already knew I liked PBR. I drank a shitload of the stuff during my trip. $3.50 for a tall can? Yes please.
I also tried a fair few locally-produced, more expensive beers, most of which were good, too.

Then again, here in Australia I generally drink (and enjoy!) cheap draught beers the most, or a dry pale ale.
Hm... on second thoughts this might be a better conversation for the Drunk Thread. Ehh. I've typed it all now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88231 on: October 21, 2015, 09:02:44 pm »

So, erh, I can't count today. I had trouble counting nine donuts and doing modulus 13 mathematics. I'm a grown ass man with a grown ass education, poring over algorithms for pseudorandom generation and studying the history of jazz, and I can't count to ten tonight. I know I have days where I'm not quite sharp, but seriously.

As someone who majored in math in college, I know first hand that arithmetic tends to go right out the window when you learn advanced stuff.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88232 on: October 21, 2015, 09:08:06 pm »

So, erh, I can't count today. I had trouble counting nine donuts and doing modulus 13 mathematics. I'm a grown ass man with a grown ass education, poring over algorithms for pseudorandom generation and studying the history of jazz, and I can't count to ten tonight. I know I have days where I'm not quite sharp, but seriously.

As someone who majored in math in college, I know first hand that arithmetic tends to go right out the window when you learn advanced stuff.
I can generally math much better than I can arithmetic, myself.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88233 on: October 21, 2015, 09:12:54 pm »

I can Math better as well.

I remember the time I arrive at the correct answer using the wrong formula.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88234 on: October 21, 2015, 09:20:50 pm »

I can Math better as well.

I remember the time I arrive at the correct answer using the wrong formula.
This is a story I want to see.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88235 on: October 21, 2015, 09:29:35 pm »

Back in grade school, I went from grade two to about grade five or six before the school caught on that I was taught subtraction wrong. Somehow my marks were still okay.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88236 on: October 21, 2015, 09:31:05 pm »

Back in grade school, I went from grade two to about grade five or six before the school caught on that I was taught subtraction wrong. Somehow my marks were still okay.
Presumably your teachers used subtraction as well as they taught it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #88237 on: October 22, 2015, 12:58:05 am »

I remember in trigonometry I'd often reach the wrong answer. Over and over again, no matter what I tried, I'd get it wrong. Eventually I'd call the professor over for help... and she'd point out that I'd read the problem incorrectly and was using the wrong numbers. :'(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88238 on: October 22, 2015, 01:05:02 am »

That happens to me too. About as often as I fail to learn the formula/procedure we're supposed to be practicing when the professor glossed over it and I literally have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #88239 on: October 22, 2015, 01:07:01 am »

I remember in trigonometry I'd often reach the wrong answer. Over and over again, no matter what I tried, I'd get it wrong. Eventually I'd call the professor over for help... and she'd point out that I'd read the problem incorrectly and was using the wrong numbers. :'(
This always happen. It's especially painful when you're doing differentiation and integration since if you fuck up the indice then you might as well just curl up and die.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #88240 on: October 22, 2015, 02:01:18 am »

This is why you first just copy everything to your paper. If you make a copying error which doesn't make the calculation too much easier, you might not lose any points if your calculations are correct with the new numbers. Or at least that's how it works around here.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88241 on: October 22, 2015, 04:04:10 am »

Ugh, trigonometry. I sodding despise it. People who actually can sine the tangent or whatever are worthy of much respect.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88242 on: October 22, 2015, 04:27:43 am »

Ugh, trigonometry. I sodding despise it. People who actually can sine the tangent or whatever are worthy of much respect.
*points at the Mathematics Help thread*
Sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88243 on: October 22, 2015, 04:44:43 am »

*points at the Mathematics Help thread*
*points at ego*

In actual WTF news, I was lawnmowing today. Which isn't really a WTF, but when I went to empty the catcher in the corner of the garden, I saw a neighbour standing on the grass pile talking to another neighbour. Their sections are separated by a hedge, but... really? My vegetable patch is now a communal meeting area?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 04:55:10 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #88244 on: October 22, 2015, 05:37:43 am »

Resisting... Urge... To... Exposit...
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 5881 5882 [5883] 5884 5885 ... 10983