Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5883 5884 [5885] 5886 5887 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13196227 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88260 on: October 22, 2015, 10:05:48 am »

Huh.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88261 on: October 22, 2015, 10:18:15 am »

Videos of my 3-year-old self are somehow simultaneously repulsive and adorable.
I expected to be much, much more embarrassed by this video being shared with the public. Weird.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88262 on: October 22, 2015, 10:21:27 am »

So where do I need to move to be able ratio legally carry a zweihander?
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #88263 on: October 22, 2015, 10:22:19 am »

Just had my first full portion of alcohol -- Mixed feelings.
The experimentation continues: Sauvignon Blanc with a buffet meal. This one I actually liked. Guess there actually is a pretty big difference between red and white wine. Today I learned.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #88264 on: October 22, 2015, 10:39:06 am »

anyway wtf Sweden? Swords? Really?

It's the Islamic thing to do, beheading the infidels and all.
You mean the VIKING thing to do, right?

I thought those guys used axes.
Sure. While wearing their horned helmets, yes? :P

(well, the axes were in use, but still...)
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #88265 on: October 22, 2015, 10:42:25 am »

So where do I need to move to be able ratio legally carry a zweihander?

It's legal here, as long as you're not in a gang, a drug dealer, or an organised criminal, you're not travelling with other people also openly carrying zweihanders, and you don't look like you plan to use it. Walking around with it securely strapped to your back would almost certainly be legal.

Actually, one of the subject prizes at my school (old school? I'm in a weird limbo right now) is actually a flamberge, so yeah.

Edit:

Swords. No.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 10:44:02 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88266 on: October 22, 2015, 11:17:23 am »

Wow I really dislike playing AC3. It feels like a game that's full of treacle. Every menu transition takes about a second and all the motions are more sluggish than the last game. Plus the constant cutscenes all the time, I really don't need that before I even have a really concrete idea of what I'm meant to want to watch them for.

I think I might just stop now TBH.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #88267 on: October 22, 2015, 11:20:01 am »

Good news people! Its not America this time!...

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/10/22/450802875/sword-wielding-man-kills-1-injures-several-more-at-swedish-school

stricter sword control are necessary to stop a repeat of this tragedy...

anyway wtf Sweden? Swords? Really?

From my post in the Europe thread:

There's been an attack on a Swedish school in Trollhättan. A man wielding what witnesses describe as a sword and police call "several knife-like objects" killed one man and hurt one man and two children. He attacked the police when they arrived on the scene and was incapacitated by a gun shot and survived.

The perpetrator has been identified and has been confirmed to be a man in his 20's, but the police is not sharing his identity or background until they've had time to search through his residence and other locations of interest. He was described as being masked at the time, but it has not been confirmed what kind of mask it was.

There's bound to be lots of speculation of the nature of the attack on the internet but so far it has not been confirmed whether he had political motives, or if it was personal drama, or something like a postal/school shooting situation.

As far as I know this is still the situation (but I haven't been following it for the last 30 minutes), except the perpetrator and one of the children passed away, but the other wounded are stable. Apparently after stabbing one man at the entrance he went door to door between classrooms and cut whoever opened the door, but he did not hurt the rest of the people in those rooms, it seems.

I thought those guys used axes.

Nope, not if they had a choice. Viking era Norsemen preferred spears and swords (but only rich people could afford swords). They fought mainly in shieldwall formation-based warfare and strategy and it's pretty dumb to be stuck with an axe at the opposite of a guy with spear. Axes was not uncommon per se, but neither was it the weapon-of-choice.

Funnily enough, the hafted axe so attributed to "vikings" probably was more popular by anglo-saxons, Irishmen/Norse-Gaelish, and other areas where Norse had hung around/settled than with the Scandinavians themselves. It was also from those areas that the design spread in use throughout Europe.
Love, scriver~

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #88268 on: October 22, 2015, 11:22:00 am »

Wow I really dislike playing AC3. It feels like a game that's full of treacle. Every menu transition takes about a second and all the motions are more sluggish than the last game. Plus the constant cutscenes all the time, I really don't need that before I even have a really concrete idea of what I'm meant to want to watch them for.

I think I might just stop now TBH.

but ace combat 3 had some of the smoothest menus i've ever seen

oh wait or are you talking about armored core 3

oh no duh it's assassin's creed

hey could we not use the AC acronym ever

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #88269 on: October 22, 2015, 11:23:03 am »

Well axes would've been pretty useful as sidearms if you couldn't afford a sword and the fighting ended up in a messy melee instead of an organised formation, which was pretty much an expected outcome of any prolonged fight I think, especially if your troops aren't too disciplined.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88270 on: October 22, 2015, 11:24:34 am »

Sure why not. Yeah it was AssCred.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88271 on: October 22, 2015, 11:50:05 am »

Is this on PC or a console? If PC, then maybe your rig isn't up to the task any more? I've had to shelve games until I upgraded before. It's better than slugging through a game on Shit Mode. When I first got Bioshock the only way to make it playable was turn all the graphics down to the lowest settings, then get into additional Unreal settings and turn stuff off. But then everything looked ugly so I shelved that until I ended up with a new PC.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 11:54:33 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #88272 on: October 22, 2015, 11:59:51 am »

Well axes would've been pretty useful as sidearms if you couldn't afford a sword and the fighting ended up in a messy melee instead of an organised formation, which was pretty much an expected outcome of any prolonged fight I think, especially if your troops aren't too disciplined.

They were disciplined. They fought in lines of shieldwalls so that people could engage the enemy together as well as protect each other. That's where terms like shield-brother (somebody you would trust like a brother at your side in battle, "band if brothers" style) and shield-biter (the soldiers would be packed so tightly that only their heads would be seen behind the shields. That's also why throwing shit at the enemy before you engage them was such a common tactic - a shieldwall is only as strong as it's weakest shield.

The idea of vikings as wild "independent" fighters is a myth, and probably comes from the aftermath of battles (chasing the enemy down and looting places). Wild undisciplined swinging look cool in movies, but it doesn't win you battles outside of Hollywood.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #88273 on: October 22, 2015, 12:09:55 pm »

Sure why not. Yeah it was AssCred.

The game isn't very good anyway, all you're missing out is Ubisoft failing to conclude Connor's story well, and then shitting over the rest of the series with Desmond's conclusion.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88274 on: October 22, 2015, 12:15:15 pm »

Framrate hovers around 40 in the cities which have the most stuff going on visually, so it's probably not performance (since consoles run it at 30 and are fine). As far as I can tell it's all deliberate design decisions, like unnecessary transitions when going to different menus and the climbing being made more like the original AssCred.

But then again it might just be a PC issue in general, because Ubisoft.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 5883 5884 [5885] 5886 5887 ... 10984