Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5920 5921 [5922] 5923 5924 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13190912 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88815 on: October 29, 2015, 10:48:18 am »

Unless they were born by c-section
Get your darn semantics out of here...
Black lives matter.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88816 on: October 29, 2015, 10:51:49 am »

Abdominal muscles still hurting from my exercise 3 days ago, which is odd, since I'm used to this kind of exercise. Now I can barely do 20 movements due to the pain. It even hurts when I sneeze. I don't think I've hurt myself, but the pain never lasted this long before.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88817 on: October 29, 2015, 11:03:31 am »

Abdominal muscles still hurting from my exercise 3 days ago, which is odd, since I'm used to this kind of exercise. Now I can barely do 20 movements due to the pain. It even hurts when I sneeze. I don't think I've hurt myself, but the pain never lasted this long before.
Thats good.  If it hurts that much it means you're progressing. Its also normal/ when you do heavily exercise.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88818 on: October 29, 2015, 11:06:19 am »

Thats good.  If it hurts that much it means you're progressing. Its also normal/ when you do heavily exercise.
That much pain is NOT good.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88819 on: October 29, 2015, 11:08:39 am »

Yeah, that sounds more like you pulled a muscle or something, especially if the pain is associated with particular movements over others. I'm no medical professional, but if you can conveniently arrange to see one I'd recommend it. Otherwise take it easy.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88820 on: October 29, 2015, 11:09:31 am »

Yeah, that sounds more like you pulled a muscle or something, especially if the pain is associated with particular movements over others. I'm no medical professional, but if you can conveniently arrange to see one I'd recommend it. Otherwise take it easy.
Yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88821 on: October 29, 2015, 11:16:09 am »

While I don't know him, I know for sure that that level of abdominal sensitivity is completely normal if you've recently been to the gym.  And it feels completely different from the pain of a pulled muscle or other injury.  Beng afraid of walking Dreading the walk up stairs because your abs hurt so much is hardly unusual when the increase in the difficulty of your workout occurs.

My advice is to give yourself a few days of non-exercise for the abs and go back with a lighter but similar exercise.  Less weigh, less reps, etc.

pedit:  sometimes you want it so bad you don't realize how much it hurts or how much it will hurt.  Sometimes its so much fun you don't realize how much exertion you've done.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:19:43 am by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88822 on: October 29, 2015, 11:21:42 am »

While I don't know him, I know for sure that that level of abdominal sensitivity is completely normal if you've recently been to the gym.  And it feels completely different from the pain of a pulled muscle or other injury.  Beng afraid of walking Dreading the walk up stairs because your abs hurt so much is hardly unusual when the increase in the difficulty of your workout occurs.
Three days afterward? That's a key detail.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88823 on: October 29, 2015, 11:27:19 am »

Up to and a little over a week Ive felt like this, if I push myself enough.

while here, I just renewed my gym membership in the hopes the lost money will spur me to restart my workouts.  I'm going to focus on cardio, though
PKs DF Mod!

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88824 on: October 29, 2015, 11:29:02 am »

pedit:  sometimes you want it so bad you don't realize how much it hurts or how much it will hurt.  Sometimes its so much fun you don't realize how much exertion you've done.

Sometimes it's not the exercise, it's not your abs & you've actually got stomache cramps or something else totally unrelated. If it doesn't clear up get it checked out, if it does, then it was probably no huge deal.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88825 on: October 29, 2015, 11:33:31 am »

I might have exagerated a bit, to be honest. The pain isn't constant, it only shows up when I exert myself beyond normal movements (such as strong sneezes, walking up stairs, etc). The pain isn't terrible, its just enough to keep me from being able to exert myself as much as I did. If the pain persists, I'll see a doctor, but thus far I think I'm fine. I've experienced similar pains before after heavier than normal exercise (which I used to do a lot of, but its been a while, and I'm still 60 kilograms >:v), so its not anything new to me, its just I didn't think I had exerted myself this much.

Thanks for the advices, though.

Edit: The pain has also been slowly diminishing, I'll probably be ok after the weekend.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:38:00 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #88826 on: October 29, 2015, 11:45:44 am »

Three days is still within the bounds of reason for normal stiffness, yeah. Every time I decide that a certain day is leg day after having not worked my legs for too long, my calves scream at me for about that length time afterwards. Skipping is brutal when your cardio is better than your legs.

Also, I wouldn't jump the gun on seeing a doctor unless the pain is really not going away. Of course, I also think going to a doctor is very frequently a waste of money, so maybe don't listen to me too much. Especially if you have good healthcare.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #88827 on: October 29, 2015, 11:47:19 am »

Ahhh, exercise. How I loathe and avoid you.

Meh. Makes no difference to my weight anyway. I don't put on anything, so all's good. Might help with muscle strength, but that's not really a big concern I have.

Most exercise I ever did was when I was learning to row. Stuck with it because it was fun.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88828 on: October 29, 2015, 11:50:02 am »

Ah, hm, fair enough. I may have been imagining the ongoing pain being worse than it was. Good luck anyway!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #88829 on: October 29, 2015, 11:51:48 am »

Also, I wouldn't jump the gun on seeing a doctor unless the pain is really not going away. Of course, I also think going to a doctor is very frequently a waste of money, so maybe don't listen to me too much. Especially if you have good healthcare.
Unless, of course, you live in one of those countries with a sensible healthcare system. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 5920 5921 [5922] 5923 5924 ... 10984