Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5927 5928 [5929] 5930 5931 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13180702 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88920 on: October 29, 2015, 11:03:29 pm »

the front page of imgur ⊆ the front page of reddit anyway

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #88921 on: October 29, 2015, 11:28:31 pm »

--snip--
oh god, the flashbacks
THE FLASHBACKS
NO, NUCLEAR GANDHI, NOOOOOOOOO
So am I not the only one who entered into a nuclear war with Ghandi in Civ 4?
End of one of my games I just decided to nuke everyone.

I'd built up a pretty good nuclear arsenal, so I made half the world radioactive rubble. I believe Ghandi was among the people playing, so...

This was one of my earlier goes, though, so nobody else had nukes since I was playing on chieftan.

Civ V has actually managed to make me feel really GUILTY lately.
Basically I started a game as china with random world shape. Started on what I quickly discovered was a Australia-ish sized island with 3 other Civs.
Figuring that there was probably some much bigger continents out there, I took over the other 3 Civs pretty much as soon as I could crossbow it up.
Built island into a manufacturing powerhouse, then built a navy to see what the rest of the world looks like.

I'm the biggest island out there, and the entire rest of the world is basically best buddies with everyone else.
So I basically just pulled a Hitler to prepare my civ against the world, and the world is a fucking hippy commune.

This is probably the first time a game has made me feel like such a douchebag without even trying.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88922 on: October 30, 2015, 12:09:35 am »

I learned the hard way about international relations recently, too. Started out making friends all over the place besides my next door neighbor, Caesar, who had been a passive-aggressive asshole the whole time. He gets all expansionist and swallows up the rest of the landmass, bitching about the parts I grab and my friendships with the city-states he wanted. I wipe the floor with his ugly mug, which I suppose was a dick move but his shit was getting a little old.

Everybody suddenly decided they hate me. Now Hiawatha is my only friend, and only because I aided him in several wars.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88923 on: October 30, 2015, 12:45:16 am »

I wonder how people would react if Japan turned around and annexed China.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #88924 on: October 30, 2015, 12:59:46 am »

I swear to little baby jesus I heard "covenant theology is a thing you dickheads" in my head so many times while reading the last two pages I'm gonna write it on the walls like i'm Jack fucking Torrance

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88925 on: October 30, 2015, 01:00:18 am »

This would be a totally new event that is unheard of in the modern era.  Completely, and utterly new.  A 'Raping' of sorts, I bet it'd be called.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #88926 on: October 30, 2015, 01:04:04 am »

This would be a totally new event that is unheard of in the modern era.  Completely, and utterly new.  A 'Raping' of sorts, I bet it'd be called.
that joke was obvious but i'm laughing anyway so here i am

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88927 on: October 30, 2015, 03:06:57 am »

Nah, I mean modern Japan, not militarist shithole Japan. On one hand we have Human Rights Violations: The Superpower (which sounds like an awesome movie title) and on the other hand there's actually-somewhat-decent Japan, and a buttload of historical animosity between the two.
People like (modern) Japan (kinda), but they don't like surprise anshlub. Combine the two and you'd get some really weird political opinions, especially in a really polarised climate like the States.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #88928 on: October 30, 2015, 03:45:38 am »

Japan would merely be protecting Japanese speaking Han in the lands of continental Japan

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88929 on: October 30, 2015, 04:39:43 am »

"In the land of the blind, I'm queen."
-Toph Bei Fong

I actually laughed at this one.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88930 on: October 30, 2015, 12:22:26 pm »

Nah, I mean modern Japan, not militarist shithole Japan. On one hand we have Human Rights Violations: The Superpower (which sounds like an awesome movie title) and on the other hand there's actually-somewhat-decent Japan, and a buttload of historical animosity between the two.
People like (modern) Japan (kinda), but they don't like surprise anshlub. Combine the two and you'd get some really weird political opinions, especially in a really polarised climate like the States.

officially, we'd decry any nonreactionary defense reason.  However, in effect I think we'd maybe tone down tradng.  We'd continue suppying them like they were ISIS Syrian Rebels and then shake our fist like they were naughty uncle Putin.

We (the US at least) have our hands in too many pots in the region.  Im tempted to make jokes about Israel  and Korea and the European power, but meh.  Maybe well leave UNbecause China has a righteous hissy fit?
>.>   <.<   -_-

An inciddent between the two involving armed deployment would  completely change Politics in and towards the area.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88931 on: October 30, 2015, 03:13:13 pm »

anshlub.
Am I the only person who thought this spelling was incomprehensible at first before feeling smart when they finally got it?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88932 on: October 30, 2015, 04:04:40 pm »

The term "sketchwork" does not appear to be in any online dictionary or thesaurus. The word returns 79 screens of results on google, but it's not in any dictionary
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88933 on: October 30, 2015, 04:08:05 pm »

Sounds sketchy.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88934 on: October 30, 2015, 04:14:31 pm »

The term "sketchwork" does not appear to be in any online dictionary or thesaurus. The word returns 79 screens of results on google, but it's not in any dictionary

It's actually a pretty fringe term. there are 66,000 google hits for "sketchwork" in quotes. And all the top hits are for blog names and company names, not the use of the term as either a noun, verb etc. Almost all the links capitalize it like "SketchWorks" as the name of a club or some such, so by capitalizing it like that, even those using it are recognizing it as two separate works and not a composite word "sketchworks".

In comparison, "Kraftwerk" has 12 million hits. Hell, "putin on a bear" in quotes even manages 8000+ hits, "Ronald Reagan Riding a Velociraptor" gets 25000, and the card from Magic the Gathering "jokulhaups" manages 30,000. So the term can barely muster more hits than some obscure memes.

But that's probably because if you're working doing sketches that would be "sketch work", not a single word.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 04:27:57 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 5927 5928 [5929] 5930 5931 ... 10983