Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5928 5929 [5930] 5931 5932 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13163643 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88935 on: October 30, 2015, 04:44:27 pm »

Spaces make a pretty big difference in finding words, yep.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88936 on: October 30, 2015, 05:09:42 pm »

While waiting for a ride home, I see a woman pull into the only open handicapped parking space, hang the requisite handicapped sign from their rearview mirror, then get out and walk into the store. As in, walking in a manner that indicates that they're not handicapped.

A few minutes later, another group pulls into the non-handicap space across the lane from the handicap space. The driver gets out, and spends a significant amount of time assembling both a walker and a wheelchair, at least one of which I assume was intended for the passenger.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88937 on: October 30, 2015, 05:18:54 pm »

Maybe she was blind
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88938 on: October 30, 2015, 05:21:53 pm »

Maybe she was lying
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88939 on: October 30, 2015, 05:22:36 pm »

Maybe she was in a hurry, damnit
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88940 on: October 30, 2015, 05:59:36 pm »

Maybe it is not our place to judge if we don't know any details?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88941 on: October 30, 2015, 06:01:45 pm »

Maybe it is not our place to judge if we don't know any details?
bullshit

we know tons of details

like, she was driving a car

and had a handicapped placard

and parked in a handicapped spot

and she could walk

that's literally 4 more details than not any

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88942 on: October 30, 2015, 06:02:07 pm »

Fuck that. This is the internet!

You're a shitlord for assuming they weren't disabled because they weren't VISIBLY disabled! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88943 on: October 30, 2015, 06:03:37 pm »

Stop shaming her for her able-bodied passing privilege, shitlords.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #88944 on: October 30, 2015, 06:12:48 pm »

While waiting for a ride home, I see a woman pull into the only open handicapped parking space, hang the requisite handicapped sign from their rearview mirror, then get out and walk into the store. As in, walking in a manner that indicates that they're not handicapped.

A few minutes later, another group pulls into the non-handicap space across the lane from the handicap space. The driver gets out, and spends a significant amount of time assembling both a walker and a wheelchair, at least one of which I assume was intended for the passenger.
The former might have a condition which means she can walk fine, just not long distances.

Most likely this. I have a friend who has a spinal injury. She's fine for short periods of time but if she's standing/walking for too long she ends up in excruciating pain. So she has a handicap placard and parks as close as possible to wherever she's shopping to reduce how often she's in pain.

Sure, other people might be more handicapped, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't use an open HC space if one is free.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #88945 on: October 30, 2015, 10:38:50 pm »

Latest gamer chapter. I'm not sure the author is doing it intentionally, but it's kinda' amazing what sort of decision making using wisdom as a dump stat results in.

"Today's best idea! Let's turn a random high school student I barely know into a walking arcane artillery platform! Nothing can go wrong."
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #88946 on: October 30, 2015, 10:41:03 pm »

That's nothing.
When we deliver newspapers to the local Hospital, a dude in some tricked out sports car PULLS INTO THE EXIT AT TOP SPEED then rushes his way into a handicapped spot. And I've seen this car there before, so apparently its someone who works there.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88947 on: October 30, 2015, 10:52:16 pm »

Just because they have a really nice car and drive like a maniac doesn't mean they arent at the hospital regularly for physical therapy for some injury that makes them legally viable candidates for a handicapped placard.

It does imply ever so slightly that their driving habits and physical health could be directly related, however. :P

So, wtf for the forevers; apparently we've got people in the general region setting up card skimmers on gas pumps. My employer wants us to go out and check them more than once a day, preferably thrice. Which is probably not gonna happen, yeah.
One of our pumps we simply can't get into. The locks don't work, on either side. Another one we can't lock again, although the bolt holds it closed, mostly. We never got around to checking them all, actually. Im a wee bit suspicious the locks on the one were broken intentionally. from this point onwards i will have to go check them every day it sounds like.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88948 on: October 30, 2015, 10:56:59 pm »

Is it a pay-at-the-pump place?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88949 on: October 30, 2015, 11:13:15 pm »

Yeah, you can use your card at the pumps. Or pay inside, whatever, a lot of folks can't seem to figure it out and just say it isn't working.
But yes, we have to worry about this because customers have the option to use the card readers outside, and its technically possible someone could break into a pump and install whatever doohicky, so now the boss wants us to check them multiple times a day, which is a little excessive. Although, realistically we can review video footage from literally every single pump and angle around the building, the place is so busy there will always be witnesses, etc. Were only closed for a few hours, it wouldn't be too hard to quickly review video footage from during that time while checking the pumps themselves once a day. but I can understand why we don't want anything to go unnoticed for even a couple hours; dozens of people could be compromised easily on a busy day.

Now I feel the need to understand our pumps and skimming methods/devices better, though. :/
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 5928 5929 [5930] 5931 5932 ... 10983