Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6235 6236 [6237] 6238 6239 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998037 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93540 on: January 08, 2016, 07:55:11 pm »

Well I've known/heard of people having to wear a cast for sprains, sometimes.
I'm really hoping this isn't that bad. Actually I probably wouldn't mind except I had plans for today, dangit. :-\
Having to limp around like a weirdo is embarrassing. I could probably get a crutch or something from a doctor if I bitched at 'em, but again, that would take time. I should have stayed in yesterday to keep myself in fighting form for today. Ugh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93541 on: January 08, 2016, 08:00:05 pm »

I can't seem to find my 3ds anywhere :s
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #93542 on: January 08, 2016, 08:03:02 pm »

I think Undertale's Fallen Down is in A half flat major.

There isn't even a fuggin symbol for that in unicode, looks like.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93543 on: January 08, 2016, 08:10:22 pm »

Having to limp around like a weirdo is embarrassing. I could probably get a crutch or something from a doctor if I bitched at 'em, but again, that would take time. I should have stayed in yesterday to keep myself in fighting form for today. Ugh.

Just walk normally and ignore it~
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93544 on: January 08, 2016, 08:47:05 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93545 on: January 08, 2016, 08:53:26 pm »

i don't even

surely if you were too warm, wallowing in your own discomfort would be its own punishment?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #93546 on: January 08, 2016, 09:01:52 pm »

Huh, my dad used to complain about that too. Maybe it's a Catholic thing - thou shalt not sit in a warm room, lest thy sweat congeal stinkily.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #93547 on: January 08, 2016, 09:58:37 pm »

Had a sneezing fit in the shower. While I was shaving my upper lip. Cut my nose pretty noticeably. The bleeding seems to have stopped, but I'm reluctant to clean the dried blood too aggressively out of fear of knocking off the fresh clot.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93548 on: January 08, 2016, 10:00:21 pm »

Clearly, this is a sign from above that you should grow a mo'.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93549 on: January 08, 2016, 10:01:52 pm »

lol tvtropes

actually where's FD real quick that place has been full of silly shit for a while
I'm a bit late and strapped for time so just take this: TVTropes is full of shit and you shouldn't support it or their userbase in their shady legal BS, censorship, or attacks on the servers hosting ATT.
Honestly I'm just waiting for ATT to have non-awful layout.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93550 on: January 08, 2016, 10:02:47 pm »

It could also be because some people were bored and simultaneously decided to make every trope sound more 'snappy'.
I bet they're doing it to piss of AllTheTropes somehow.
From what I understand, they're changing the names because they should work on their own rather than being references, which I can find an acceptable reason. Still, I'm pretty one can 'get' "The Dev Team Thinks Of Everything" even if one has never played Nethack, so I don't see what the point of that particular example is.

Awww heck to the no. Nethack DevTeam didn't come out of hiding after 10 years for this. Plus I just don't like change, how will I remember what pages I've already visited when the site sucks me in again?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93551 on: January 08, 2016, 10:04:33 pm »

It could also be because some people were bored and simultaneously decided to make every trope sound more 'snappy'.
From what I understand, they're changing the names because they should work on their own rather than being references, which I can find an acceptable reason. Still, I'm pretty one can 'get' "The Dev Team Thinks Of Everything" even if one has never played Nethack, so I don't see what the point of that particular example is.

Awww heck to the no. Nethack DevTeam didn't come out of hiding after 10 years for this. Plus I just don't like change, how will I remember what pages I've already visited when the site sucks me in again?
To be fair barely any of the original Nethack developers are on said dev team.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93552 on: January 08, 2016, 10:08:11 pm »

That's probably true, but I don't know, they don't really even have a list published anywhere of who did work on it since the last update, do they? So secretive ._.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93553 on: January 08, 2016, 10:18:45 pm »

That's probably true, but I don't know, they don't really even have a list published anywhere of who did work on it since the last update, do they? So secretive ._.
Illuminatihack confirmed.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93554 on: January 08, 2016, 10:19:51 pm »

Someone should totally start making that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6235 6236 [6237] 6238 6239 ... 10973