Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6241 6242 [6243] 6244 6245 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13164607 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93630 on: January 10, 2016, 02:31:21 am »

leitmotif

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93631 on: January 10, 2016, 02:32:05 am »

Ah.  To both of those.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93632 on: January 10, 2016, 02:48:45 am »

I had a dream where I started an ISG even though I had no story, and then went to bed. When I woke up in the dream, there were 16 pages in the thread.

Then I really woke up. I was like "oh thank god"
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93633 on: January 10, 2016, 02:51:57 am »

I had a dream where I started an ISG even though I had no story, and then went to bed. When I woke up in the dream, there were 16 pages in the thread.

Then I really woke up. I was like "oh thank god"
Yup!  That would suck!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93634 on: January 10, 2016, 07:26:31 am »

Don't read too much into these types of things, they just drive you mad with nothing to show for it.

Don't worry, I'm still assuming that nothing is going to happen. I just wish that she'd just say something directly rather than staring at me from across the room.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93635 on: January 10, 2016, 07:55:24 am »

Things that made me go ''WTF?''

The fact that i and the person before me have a blobby fishes as our profile pictures.
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #93636 on: January 10, 2016, 08:24:50 am »

Birds are dinosaurs unless you view dinosaurs as a paraphyletic group that excludes birds. This is a real thing in taxonomy, such as how "reptiles" doesn't refer to mammals or birds even though both of those groups descended from reptiles.

If you think that places too high a priority on keeping outdated labels consistent, I'd probably agree with you. But taxonomy has been a huge clusterfuck for the past couple decades. Turns out evolution doesn't conform to labels at all!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93637 on: January 10, 2016, 08:46:18 am »

Birds are dinosaurs unless you view dinosaurs as a paraphyletic group that excludes birds. This is a real thing in taxonomy, such as how "reptiles" doesn't refer to mammals or birds even though both of those groups descended from reptiles.

If you think that places too high a priority on keeping outdated labels consistent, I'd probably agree with you. But taxonomy has been a huge clusterfuck for the past couple decades. Turns out evolution doesn't conform to labels at all!
It would be easier if we referred to every individual organism as its genome sequence.

We might also need to pretend chimeras don't exist.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93638 on: January 10, 2016, 08:53:48 am »

But then how do we differentiate individual identical twins? Your proposal leaves a lot to be desired.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 09:39:03 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93639 on: January 10, 2016, 09:35:10 am »

Well, phenotypes could be like first names.
One wheel short of a wagon

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93640 on: January 10, 2016, 10:23:41 am »

We should just arrange animals by kind
dogs, humans, and rabbits on one end. Komodo dragons, those parasite bugs, and humans on the other.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93641 on: January 10, 2016, 11:54:05 am »

Video games are a beautiful art meidum that is now being used for...wait, what the heck is this?
I saw the url and thought, "What, is this Binding of Isaac? Old news," but now I'm reading it and it is hilarious.
Here's hoping this game becomes available on consoles... or what the hell, I could probably even run it on my laptop anyway.

Oh yes, I've forwarded it on to my roommate and will notify him that when we are back after the break I'm subjecting him to it.
So for those who didn't. It's a PvP game, one player plays a baby who crawls around trying to poison, suffocate or drown itself, the other plays an adult running around trying to prevent it.
It looks pretty funny.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93642 on: January 10, 2016, 01:25:56 pm »

I remember seeing that in my discovery queue. Looked interesting enough.

Almost got hit by a car a little while ago. My mom and I were waiting to turn at a busy intersection when someone going the opposite way cuts in front of several cars to skip the line on their side. If we were sitting a few feet forward of where we were, we'd have been hit. I did note that for once my mother did not comment that she wished they'd hit us, I also noted that they almost hit us on her side. Usually, people almost crash into us on the passenger side(where I sit), and she usually makes that comment then.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93643 on: January 10, 2016, 01:46:53 pm »

...There's a terrified thread...
Sigtext

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93644 on: January 10, 2016, 02:54:13 pm »

Came into work for training today, also witnessed a TON of office crap-talking. I understand it's a high-stress field and people need to vent but why do we gotta be so mean about it :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 6241 6242 [6243] 6244 6245 ... 10983